Here’s your daily recap of the best feedback we got from YOU on the blog, Facebook, Twitter, Email. Continue the conversation below. And remember, keep it brief, and keep it clean. Thanks!
With President Obama’s French Town Hall live this morning, American Morning viewers shared their opinions on Mr. Obama’s first two months in office. The majority passionately approved of the President’s performance, especially with international leaders:
- Elizabeth: “For too many years we were thought of as ugly Americans. I think President Obama gives a new face. A face of the every day American. It's been a great trip. I thing that it would be very arrogant of us to think that we would get every thing that we wanted. But what we did get was even more important. More respect in the world.”
- AJS: Excellent job by Obama. I am very proud of him as our President.
- Leo: Obama is right; we need to understand that we are in a new era and America and the European have to get together and put the past behind us but don't forget where we are trying to go. We need to get America and the rest of our world back on track. We need peace and partnership people.
A minority expressed serious doubts about the president’s direction for the country:
- Kay: For the first time in my 60 years I am NOT PROUD of my country and scared to death that the 'death of America" is imminent.
What’s your opinion on how President Obama has performed in his first two months in office? What areas do you see need improvement? Tell us your thoughts.
CNN’s coverage of the G-20 Summit and the live Town Hall generated mixed reviews, with some absolutely ecstatic with our live coverage:
- Anonymous: “Please do NOT use my name. I think I died and went to heaven this morning; Carol Costello AND Christiane Amanpour AND LIVE, LIVE, LIVE intelligent coverage of Obama in France. No other station has LIVE coverage, or, if they do, they have the self-serving talking heads talking over the coverage. UGH! Bring Carol Costello back to the morning news, please! She is terrific - where has she been?”
Others were not so kind, claiming that CNN has lowered its editorial standards:
- Vernon: There was a short snippet this morning where Carol Costello commented that President Obama appeared to be groveling to the Saudi representatives at the G20 summit. You showed a still photo that could have had any (or no) context but you did not show the video only the still. What the heck are you guys doing? What kind of news organization shows a still photo and implicitly states that it shows that the President is groveling. You (and the viewing audience) have NO IDEA what the man was doing but you imply something. Where have the editorial standards gone with CNN? This kind of stunt is something that you would see in a National Enquirer not a national television news organization. My respect for CNN as a news organization is significantly lower this morning, as a result of this type of reporting.
Grade our coverage. Have we been performing to your standards? What did you dislike about the coverage? What areas would you have liked further reporting? Where can we improve? Share your thoughts with us.
- Lee – To Obama’s credit, he is trying. And thanks, France, for your gracious remembrance of America’s sacrifice in WW2. “Yes, America, we’ll hold your coat while you fight the terrorists—and oh, by the way, we’ll even accept one Gitmo prisoner!”
- Patricia – President Obama and wife has shown grace…He sound stuffy ,she looks great!!! I am personialy feeling great having to watch this event
- Dan – I hope the French President realizes how important it is not only to stop N Korea’s ambition in it’s ballistic missile test but also to put an end to the terrorists in Afghanistan and Pakistan!
- Shelton Brown – CNN does the best job of reporting the news... When the first lady then just campaigning for the President said that for the first time in her adult life she was proud to be an American, some press reporters ran with that as if she the statement was anti American. She is beautiful and represents America like no other before her. I have to tell you that after watching the coverage for the past couple of days with the President and the first lady abroad. As an American of African decent, I to for the first time in my adult life am really proud to be an American. That sentiment only says that I am feeling a great sense of inclusion in the American process today more than ever. Keep up the great work CNN.
- Robert Valente – Craig Unger on American Morning? What have you become, Fox News? My God, a new low. And Jaime Rubin just sitting there while Unger talks and Carol Costello giggles. That interview was appalling. Way below your normal standards.
- Ardvarck01@amFIX The President is doing very well, in a country that has been basically anti-American since the 1960's
- ChadLivengood@amFIX Why isn't Obama holding a town hall meeting in Detroit at the GM Ren Ctr. to explain his auto rescue plan, firing of the CEO?
- bdresher@amFIX Watching CNN...seems that every story gets the label 'breaking news'. If everything is breaking news, then nothing is breaking news.
- Media_Observer@amFIX Amanpour should be on AM more often, her sharpness is refreshing. She brings a seriousness to dialouge on foreign policy.
- thePollitikat@amFIX excellent coverage!! I am impressed with the French President. His frankness and intelligence is refreshing and greatly appreciated