Here’s your daily recap of the best feedback we got from YOU on the blog, Facebook, Twitter, Email. Continue the conversation below. And remember, keep it brief, and keep it clean. Thanks!
American Morning viewers bestowed praise on President Obama and the First Lady, as they continued their trip abroad. Many viewers were optimistic about the future of international relations:
- BeeBee: I think Obama is doing a wonderful job uniting the US to the world! We can no longer rule the world we must partner with the world. People like Gingrich & Rumsfeld don't understand our new world and step out of the picture forever! We don't want old men with their mentality to be our leaders.
Even former naysayers waxed eloquently about the President:
- Mike: I have to say although I was NOT happy with President Obama when he got an attitude with Ed Henry regarding when he knew about the bonuses; however, I have been impressed by his actions since he became our Leader. The PRIDE I am feeling as an American is beyond my ability to express that pride in written word! Maybe I can finally start traveling Europe again!
How do you feel about President Obama’s performance abroad? Do you believe he appropriately represented the United States and our interests? Was he too submissive or apologetic, or did he represent the U.S. with strength and dignity?
Some viewers took offense at Mr. Obama’s closing comments during the press conference with Turkey’s president:
- David: I felt the press conference with Turkey’s President Gul today went very well...until President Obama's closing comments. He stated that the United States was not a Christian country, or Jewish country, or Muslim country. While trying to make a point about our religious freedoms, he offended me with this comment. As our Pledge of Allegiance states: "One nation, under GOD..." We are founded on Christianity, and we should remain steadfast on these grounds. We can still negotiate with the Turks without misrepresenting the beliefs of the most powerful Nation in the world.
Do you believe the President’s remarks in Turkey were inappropriate as the viewer above states, or were Mr. Obama’s words an attempt to present the U.S. as a refuge for religious freedom? Let us know what you think on these issues and others of interest to you.
- Karen – I just retired and was able to watch all of your coverage. I’ve been a republican for 40 years but this year I voted for and donated to President Obama. After this trip and the great repair job he and Michelle did for the American image, I am soooo glad I switched!!! Will never go back to the republicans!!! They are sooo confused and self centered!!! They destroyed our economy and our image in the world which would have lead to an even worse economy. Thank you President Obama!!! At 65 I can change!!!
- Mary – President Obama’s handling of events for the last two months reminds me of a college student writing a term paper named “We are the World”. Soon he will find out that America is No. 1 and that we stand alone in excellence, caring and sharing around the world. The Socialists policies of his healthcare and management of businesses will truely be a failure.
- Francisco Mejia – As a combat veteran of Iraq twice and a forseeable tour in Afghanistan, I haven't been as on board of these combat missions until President Obama took office. I think he is executing his duties flawlessly in these difficult times with sound decisions and not hiding the facts. I am proud to serve under President Obama and to be part of his plans to better the country that we defend. SGT Mejia
- Jim Eckett – Thank you for the story this morning on the First Lady's trip in which you covered her visit to that girl's school in England. Her talk of her humble beginnings is about as American as our leaders can get. I am sick of hearing stories about what she is wearing or what the Europeans think of her. Thank you!
- devonmichael@amfix on Obama more doing & less talking. I feel like he is still on the campaign trail.
- sandradnewton@amFIX The critics of this President should look upon his trip abroad not with disdain and mockery, but with a renewed respect.
- nioro@amFIX As American Muslim, i think that President Obama's trip is making a difference and will make more differnce in Days coming Inchallah.
- carnnell@amFIX Turkey is a Western influenced country not JUST a Muslim country. We must stop looking at Muslimism but at the totality of a country!