Here’s your daily recap of the best feedback we got from YOU today. Continue the conversation below. And remember, keep it brief, and keep it clean. Thanks!
On Thursday, American Morning viewers were consumed by the Somali pirates’story. The majority of viewers were anxious to take action for a quick resolution, claiming that the U.S. would lose respect if we negotiated with the pirates. A minority were angry at the U.S. apathy toward such hijackings in the past, with America only now interested in the underlying issues in Somalia.
- Mary: I AM OUTRAGED THAT THE NAVY HAS NOT ENDED THIS and that this company has not let the Navy do their job. If these pirates get what they want with the US Navy ship on site – they will believe they are UNSTOPPABLE by the USA! With no government to control or even give these pirates too. I think the Navy should take them all to a US controlled jail as terrorists.
- Andrew: You Americans take the biscuit! For 3 years I have watched you guys reporting on piracy with humour. But now it's an American flag attacked, you go ape! You should have gone ape 3 years ago, and now you probably wouldn't have been in this mess. BUT, how about a story of why piracy is going on?? Stop dumping your shipping rubbish on the shores of Somali. Support the Somali fishemen who lost their fishing rights to the factory fishing boats of the world. Open your **** eyes and see what’s going on in the world.
Tell us what you think: How do you feel about the pirates potential power in the Somali region? Do you believe, as the first viewer above, that if the U.S. doesn’t end the hostage situation that the priates will be “unstoppable?” Was the U.S. too slow in its response? Should the U.S. negotiate with the priates? Was the United State wrong in waiting to address the issue of the Somali pirate attacks? Do you believe there may be more underlying issues that need to be addressed, as the second viewer states?
A potential change in the first lady’s role generated mixed opinion:
- Diane: Michelle Obama is no different than any other First Lady. You act as though she and only she can save the children of the world. Michelle Obama is "special" because her husband is President of the United States and you know it. If Obama had lost the election, Michelle would be back in Chicago working as a hospital administrator and nobody would care. Stop this idol worship before you make ***** out of yourselves.
- Paul: The first lady can be an ambassador, but she should have no role in policy development or implementation as she is not an ELECTED official.
How do you feel about the first lady taking on the role of ambassador? Do you believe she has the appropriate credentials or is she only important because her husband’s presidency? Do you believe she should have policy making responsibilities or should she simply be a figurehead? Share your opinion with us.
Gay marriage proponets questioned the opinion of Christians in the debate:
- Ruth: Christians are JUDGING those who seek happiness by getting married & living their lives just like the rest of us. IF YOU are such a good Christian then you know the Bible says “Judge not, that ye be not judged”. Are you now declaring yourself in the same light as God, the only one to judge any of us?
Are you in agreement with the viewer who believes that the Christians judging gay mariage are acting like God? Do you feel the viewer is incorrect in her assertions or do you think she uses the Bible correctly by noting its scripture to support her argument? Let us know your thoughts on gay marriage.
- Rob Glenn – I am a graduate of a US Maritime academy and when I was going through a recent Security Officers Training we watched a video which the UN Maritime Division stated they did not want merchant ships to carry weapons. But as it gets more and more dangerous and the threat ot terror at home and abroad shouldnt mariners be able to protect themselves?
- lmb802@amFIX I think they should be trained to defend themselves especially when they know an area they are travelling in is dangerous
- JohnAtilano@amFIX I love our President. But seriously, who cares? Surely there are more important things in the world to talk about.