American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
June 4th, 2009
  1. Kris

Bernice, I understand your concern about Obama just being seen as a good speaker, but I live abroad, as an American, and have for 10 years, and we needed someone to be able to commmunicate to these people. Also, my husband and I have a half Muslim family (he's Arab Muslim, I American Christian). READ his speech before you knock it!! He briged the gap to Muslims beautifully. Perhaps if you don't understand why that speech was made, I would suggest trying to meet some Muslim Americans and find out what about that speech could possibly convince them NOT to fight us anymore. You need to be proud, for just once, that this President KNOWS he HAS to speak. Non-Americans think America just dictates around the world what they want and don't care about anyone else. I'ts important to reach out. You have a President who reallly understands who and how to make friends abroad. Please, please, please read this speech and take it to heart. It is something every AMerican should be required to read, as it is the best plan yet I've seen for peace in the Middle-East, and that's coming from someone who has close Jewish friends and wants to build a bridge to both the Jewish and Muslim communities.

June 8, 2009 at 5:39 pm |
  2. walaa

And we are proud to have man like him in our world.
    Congratulation to you(U.S) such brave man and to us,
    To us as humanity began the first step of love thus,
    Should seek for moral,virtue and prosperity more,
    Enough to us despair,enough hate and enough war,
    The whole world's exhausted and can't go on,
    Wishing to leave a roughly period and get on.
    At last let's begin with your hope a new life,
    A life in it the olive trees may grow and survive,
    It's high time to live in some peace and light,
    Barack...love throughout my lyric I recite.
    Thanks to you Obama

June 6, 2009 at 4:08 am |
  3. Stanley Miller

President Obama has done a great job with his speeches in the Middle East and with that there is hope for peace. Unlike G. W. Bush he is inteeligent and has common sense and respect for others. Yet people like Rush Limbaugh...the drug addict, still just wants to bring him down even at the cost to all.

June 5, 2009 at 7:04 am |
  4. Will

As a muslim american I was exaulted to see the president speak on US-muslim relations.It felt darn good to have our president represent America as a non-muslim hating country.I have served in the US military overseas and I'll tell you, there are and will always be muslim haters in a multitude of fashions.Having been laughed at by my peers when asked about my religion I have come to personally realize the ignorance of the human race. There are,and will always be some in Arab states that will continue there hatred for anything to be considered unislamic.That is just a fact.

June 5, 2009 at 6:46 am |
  5. Charles Aldrich II

Just heard a fellow American citizen comment that President Obama should be here at home and not dealing with what's happening elsewhere (regarding the Cairo speech.) Dear God, please help her and others in the same state realize that "here" is everywhere and everywhere is here! A huge lesson of enlightenment from 9/11 was this: since what is done here eventually impacts others everywhere, what others everywhere do eventually impacts us here. Simple way to grasp this principle, drop a pebble in a pond and watch the waves flow outward. Wake up everyone, it's getting kinda late in the game!

June 5, 2009 at 6:30 am |
  6. Bob

It does represent a hope for the future. The fact that several in the GOP are blasting it, well, that's no surprise.

June 5, 2009 at 6:05 am |
  7. Charles L. Morse Sr.

I didn't hear Obama ask Muslim people to respect Americans what ever religion to respect our views and opinions . Just that we need to do so for Muslims . It takes two to tango baby . Respect is to sided or it wont work .

June 5, 2009 at 5:44 am |
  8. Bernice

For one ...Rush has a love of his country! So does Palin!! So do many others who are now waking up and realizing that to be a president, you must be able to do more than give good speaches! I see a president that will end up being the biggest dissappointment in our elected history! He seems to be nothing more than a child, who is on a huge world vacation (at the American taxpayers expence) spending all of the money (that we borrowed and owe back with a high interest). AMERICAN PEOPLE!! Wake up! You are seriously being decieved by this administration. He lied to the muslim people, smiling all the way! This guy has issues that we should have looked into before voting. Since they loved him soooo much, let them keep him! Let us revote for a president who cares for theAmerican people, our way of life, and our constitutional rights (which he is stripping form us daily! We still have time, so people, educate yourselves. Please educate yourselves before the next election. This is the only way that we will be able to save our country. I was a democrat voter, by the way! Never again!!! I am educated! He speaks to us, the American people, as if we are a STUPID people! I am shocked that he is able to sucker and decieve so many people! We will lose our country if all of you do not WAKE UP!!! Rush, Lou Dobbs, Hannity, Palin, and the list goes on and on....they just love thier home country. They are trying to save it from a takeover! Please wake up! When so many people are trying to tell you this, there may be a huge amount of merit to what they are saying!! He is into area in our country that he should never have been into. Now, we lose.

June 5, 2009 at 5:22 am |
  9. Kin

I am a non Muslim living in a Muslim majority state, President Obama give us hope of moving forward to a better relationship between mankind.

June 5, 2009 at 1:58 am |
  10. Alois Sablatnig

I would like to receive a transscript of the speech by President Obama

June 4, 2009 at 9:06 pm |
  11. Peggy Syers

About Sarah Palin's blast of error at President Obama's speech to the Muslims: She and Rush represent the absolute worst of the Republican Party and that's saying something. How condescending to the American people when she expects them to believe that the president is trying to " get in there and control the people". What a small, petty little mind she has.

June 4, 2009 at 5:57 pm |
  12. Bashar

I am extremely proud to be an American Muslim who campaigned for Obama, celebrated his victory in Grant Park, and who can continue to be proud of his representation of the US the world over. He has stepped up and done something no other President in recent history has done and that is to acknowledge the vast overlap between Islam and the West, not exaggerate the differences. It is incredible the damage done to US-Muslim relations by the previous administration. It is refreshing to see a US President be frank and candid about the challenges before us and the critical need to resolve the Arab-Israeli conflict by guaranteeing freedom, justice, and equality to all in the region. Thank you to CNN for your fair coverage of this important speech and for the constructive analysis on your show following the speech.

June 4, 2009 at 4:17 pm |