Tuesday’s American Morning audience scolded Republicans for their constant “railing against the president and the Democrats,” suggesting that more would be achieved if the parties worked together. Others found Governor Palin and former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich poor representatives of the GOP.
- Jonathan: If the Republicans spent as much time trying to fix this country and actually come up with solutions as they do railing against the president and the Democrats, then there would be a lot achieved in America. Republicans care for the big corporations and the greedy, not the hurting and the needy.
- Al: If Palin is all that the republicans have to put out there, then the party is in real trouble. It's a shame that our leaders have been reduced to polished, staggering idiots. She will end up finding her groove with the media, and we will not really know the real doofus inside. I'm sure she is a nice person (skeptical about this), but wouldn't Colin Powell be a seasoned individual with morals we can depend on in making decisions that lead our country? A real shame.
- Jeff: Hey guys I heard your political commentators say Palin needs to get her problems back home fixed. She has been cleared of all charges brought to court. Maybe you guys aren't the most news in the morning!
What do you think about how the Republicans are or are not working with the Democrats? What would you like to see the Republicans do differently or the same?
Jon Voight’s tirade against President Obama left viewers perplexed as to why “he deserves such an extended platform for his doomsday views.”
- Bernadette: Only in the United States could Jon Voigt speak such words and live free. What a shame that he was given air time on CNN!
- Reggie: I am usually a big fan of your morning broadcasts ... that is until you waste my time with 5 curious minutes of an obviously partisan and mindlessly raving comments of Jon Voight on the President! Who is Jon Voight that he deserves such an extended platform for his doomsday views? If the GOP wants to scrape that low for entertaining monologue at their fundraiser, FINE! But why do the rest of us have to be subjected to it? You want 5 raving minutes of partisan banter? They're a dime a dozen,,, why not start a show called "Five Clueless Minutes! " We're trying to UP the quality of dialogue here guys!! Help us out a little ,eh?
What is your opinion of Jon Voight as a spokesperson for the Republican Party? How do you feel about the comments he presented?