American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
June 15th, 2009

Blagojevich mocks himself on stage

Former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich has stepped back into the spotlight, if only for a few minutes.

Over the weekend he surprised the audience at a comedy show in Chicago that pokes fun at almost every aspect of his life – from his wife – to his political career.

Blagojevich made a special appearance Saturday night at Second City's production of "Rod Blagojevich Superstar."

As the curtain rose, there was Blagojevich with his arms stretched out mimicking a crucifixion.

The play is a parody of "Jesus Christ Superstar" and lampoons his rise and fall in politics. He opened the production with a monologue.

"What they say to you before you go out on stage I thought is very interesting and that is ‘we got your back.’ I've been in politics and that's not anything anybody said to me."

As Blogojevich left the stage, the cast launched into a song that asked, "What kind of idiot sells a Senate seat?" Of course, Blagojevich was indicted on charges he tried to sell President Obama's old Senate seat.

The former governor stuck around after the show to participate in some improv where he took issue with one particular part of the show, saying "That brush he has, it’s too small.”

The reviews were mixed. Some audience members cheered throughout the show while others found it a bit awkward. "He laughed a few times, he was quiet a few times, it was queasily uncomfortable even sitting behind him a few times."

The play was supposed to have its final performance this month but due to its popularity Second City has decided to extend it until August. Meanwhile, Blagojevich is facing as much as twenty years in prison if convicted on some nineteen counts, including racketeering and extortion.

Filed under: Entertainment
  1. Shaun Landry

Uh...It's a Second City Show. You know the place that had the show "Barrack and a Hard Place" The object of S.C. is political parody. And Blago is just wonderfully full of himself and oblivious to not get it.

It is full of Awesome! Blago is the Larry Bud Melman of Politics!

June 15, 2009 at 7:14 pm |
  2. Steve in the West

I'm sure he'll be a big hit at the prison talent show....

June 15, 2009 at 6:34 pm |
  3. Patricia

He should be in jail.

June 15, 2009 at 6:33 pm |
  4. Elisabeth

I wanted to set the record straight, but this is my last comment on this topic..I don't want to change other peoples minds, I just want to show another side and was interested in most peoples ideas and comments...A Healthy debate is good, healthy being the key word....
    But this article wasn't about Obama...and that is what I was taking issue with.

"Did you vote for the “W” twice?" Y E S I did

"Want to know how I know YOU got it wrong? OK, here it goes – because he was elected. Because he made it. Because he picked Hillary for the job. Because he picked Biden.. Because only the absolute worst can be elected. Want to know why Hillary didn’t get nominated? No because she is better; simply because she scares EVERYONE.."
    (A) LOL who said I voted for him? And I think your being a little dramatic saying he was the worst that could be elected....wow what a hateful person...why is it that people like you hate him instead of hating his politics.... you make it so personal...

"Want to know what you will be writing few years from now? This – “I voted for Obama…and look where that got me..”."

(A) I LOVE how people state opinions and consider them to be fact.....

As for my "being a left wing whacko & my fan club" LOL Well no, im not a left wing whacko nor am I am right wing whacko....and I didn't write my statement to get "fans"...I was sure I would be flamed all day...I apprecaite the kindness from most of you though....

My point entirely was the uglyness that is directed to our president period....and even when an article isn't about him but someone else..it always comes back to Obama....I was brought up to believe that even if you don't agree with someone you don't bash them or treat people in an unfair or ugly way...I guess that wasn't something instilled in your households.......thats sad...I really hope someday that we can talk about something we all don't agree on in a civilized, educated, non nasty way being able to show both sides..
    I am done w/ this article, I have better things to do than defend myself to people that just want to be ugly and put others down...I'm happy..I have a great life...I wish for you the same no matter what your opinion

June 15, 2009 at 6:32 pm |
  5. rd

Wow – he needs healing

June 15, 2009 at 6:25 pm |
  6. Justin McJimmerson

What a tardfish. Seriously. The ego of this man is astounding. I have never seen a bigger boob in politics. "Boob" is putting it nicely. I'd rather listen to Spencer Pratt ramble on about anything, than see this man on TV ever again. This is pathetic. He's not helping his case.

June 15, 2009 at 6:23 pm |
  7. bud holstinkz

Hey lay off patti its not her fault really & that sorry excuse reality show exploiting her is more reason to feel sorry for her.So lay off

June 15, 2009 at 6:21 pm |
  8. Criminal

This guys is a criminal! I dont care how many stand up "paridies" this criminal does. It doesnt hide the fact that he has been caught on tape explaining in detail his crimes.

He shouldnt even be given the write to speak!

June 15, 2009 at 6:10 pm |
  9. michael

What an idiot!! When is guy going to jail? Why is he out on Bail??

June 15, 2009 at 5:50 pm |
  10. Adam

Pretty disturbing that he feels his criminal charges are a joke. Very poor taste.

June 15, 2009 at 5:45 pm |
  11. JM

I am ashamed to say that I voted for him for his first term instead of Jim Ryan (Any of you who Jim Ryan would know why Blago won) Anyway he has been a disgrace to Illinois and since his election in the earlier part of this decade generally quality of life in this state has declined, and our taxes have sky rocketed. Many of us can not wait until he joins George Ryan. Perhaps they can run some kind of scam frrom federal prison.

June 15, 2009 at 5:39 pm |
  12. drew

I'd like the chance to mock him on stage,too.

I vote him worst person from Illinois for this year. Makes me ashamed to tell people I'm from this state.

What a dork. We should have known who he was after his Jason Jones Daily Show interview.

June 15, 2009 at 5:24 pm |
  13. Tyler

For all those who are using "judge not lest thee be judged," understand that that scripture was only in the context of judging one's soul, in so far as whether he is going to hell or to heaven. Making such general comments as "the dems," "the libs," or "so-called Christians" may be ignorant, but has nothing to do with that scripture. I also take issue with people who use the fact that they have met people who go to church who are bad people as an excuse to condemn the church and not be associated with them, freeing up their time and money. Very sad. As far as this guy goes, maybe he's innocent, so I'll reserve my opinion until guilt is proven. But if he's guilty? Hangings not a bad idea.

June 15, 2009 at 5:23 pm |
  14. robert

Blago .... way to go.... production is way funny.... people need to get a grip, want to see something funny – go to this show. I bet all of you think reality shows are real too....

June 15, 2009 at 5:18 pm |
  15. Mike

Typical corrupt Democrat.

June 15, 2009 at 5:12 pm |
  16. Bert Steinmetz

Yeah right Elisabeth, you're not a left wing wacko.......could've fooled everyone except your fan club !!

June 15, 2009 at 5:10 pm |
  17. Michael

Elizabeth – "I voted for “W”…and look where that got me..".

Did you vote for the "W" twice? OK, no matter.. So then you voted for Obama? And how do you know that your choice was the right one, this time?

Want to know how I know YOU got it wrong? OK, here it goes – because he was elected. Because he made it. Because he picked Hillary for the job. Because he picked Biden.. Because only the absolute worst can be elected. Want to know why Hillary didn't get nominated? No because she is better; simply because she scares EVERYONE..

Want to know what you will be writing few years from now? This – "I voted for Obama…and look where that got me..".

June 15, 2009 at 5:07 pm |
  18. kathy

I did not nor would I watch anything that imbecille has to do with.
    Clearly he and his dopey wife are as stupid as they come. They are
    2 of the biggest idiots in the political arena.

June 15, 2009 at 5:04 pm |
  19. scrapster

Hey Michael,

It doesn't really matter where Obama came from. It only matters that he's in the White House now! 🙂

June 15, 2009 at 5:02 pm |
  20. kris

Brett-
    The ICC may indict Cheney for war crimes, that's all well and good... too bad the US didn't sign the treaty that committs them to the ICC. To the United States of America the ICC means nothing. I am sorry, I will not tell which way I lean as it doesn't matter on this comment, but I am disgusted by people from both sides of the aisle on the comments that they have posted on CNN's website. Both parties have secrets, both parties have people that don't make their party look great. I will say one thing I am FROM Illinois and I am MORE than ashamed by ALL of our former governors that ended up in jail, but none are as classless as Blago. He has made Illinois politics, who sent the President to where he is today, look like a joke. I swear that Abraham Lincoln, Everett Dirkson, and Ronald Regan, and I'm sure that Barack Obama, would have been ashamed of the way that Blago is handling this. Whether he is innocent or guilty he is not showing much tact. I encourage everyone who posts on this website to also show tact. Blago is different in the fact that he treats this like some joke. All corruption is horrible, but when you put make up on it and let it wear clown shoes it ashames everyone would could even possibly be associated with it. Whether Obama had ANYTHING to do with it or not, which there is a good possibility he didn't so people should not be casting stones at him, he has done a good job of condeming it and distancing himself from it. He took it seriously, Blago didn't.One more thing on this long comment.... just because someone does not like Obama as a president, that doesn't make them racist. Some people didn't like Condi as secretary of state, or Colin Powell for that matter, but people don't call them racists. I think it is horrible to use President Obama's race as an attack statement at someone who does not like him as President or tells what they think about him. People said a lot of things about Sarah Palin, or Hillary Clinton, but they weren't considered sexist. Blaming everything on one party or another is stupid no matter what way you spin it. It's not all the Republican's fault, not all Republican's think one way. It's not all the Democrat's fault, not all Democrat's think the same way, and before you go and attack another person or party for what they say, remember what it would be like if it was the other way around and they were attacking you for what you think about an issue.

June 15, 2009 at 4:53 pm |
  21. Ernesto

DELUSIONAL,PROBABLY GOING INSANE knowing that he could be in jail for 20 years.

June 15, 2009 at 4:53 pm |
  22. DJ Brewer

Perhaps Blagos lawyers are angling for an insanity plea …his grasp of reality is certainly in question.

June 15, 2009 at 4:50 pm |
  23. Joy A

KUDOS ELIZABETH!!!! christians spouting hatred and hypocrisy made me abandon organized religion altogether. I worship privately in my own home, will never again set foot inside of a so-called christian church, regardless of the denomination.

June 15, 2009 at 4:44 pm |
  24. Doug

"It’s the hatefulness, nastyness, and uglyness from people like you, the reason I left the Republican Party"

So it was way too benign for a true lib at heart like you so you decided to join a party that truly is all about hate, nastyness, and ugliness–you will fit in the Democrook party just fine.

BTW, compare the hate, nastyness, and uglyness in blue and red America. If you are a decent human being and spend a few days in each area, then you will never support a Democrat for as long as you live.

June 15, 2009 at 4:39 pm |
  25. Doug

I like that his wife is on tv for all Americans to witness. Yes, this is the liberal Democrat, a being that feels no remorse for wrong doing, lying, and being selfish. It functions on a victim mentality and feels that being a victim is its excuse for exhibiting behavior that the rest of America finds appauling and are incapable of producing themselves. The lib can say what they want about Palin, Rush, Cheney ETC but at the end of the day they are not liberals and don't act liberal, so they are a far better being that looks much better in the eyes of god than you as a lib will ever be.

June 15, 2009 at 4:35 pm |
  26. Bert Steinmetz

It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt........words to live by Blago!!!

June 15, 2009 at 4:34 pm |
  27. shablon

Rod Blagojevic is not guilty of anything besides having a big mouth and using it very often. He has been railroaded by the Jews who wanted to manipulate the senatorial appointment process. They wanted their own man in the Senate, and Rod made a stupid joke saying "how much is it worth to them". He received no money and therefore he is not guilty of anything. Nothing! Nada!

June 15, 2009 at 4:30 pm |
  28. Paul

Right on, Elisabeth! I couldn't say it better....

June 15, 2009 at 4:28 pm |
  29. Marija

Elizabeth u rock !

June 15, 2009 at 4:28 pm |
  30. John

Everyone needs to wake up and smell reality. Political favors, selling seats etc...etc... have and always will be a big part of politics. Its only the few that get caught and or made example of. The same people that indicted him are doing similar or same thing as he is. The attorney general office is as crooked as is/was the governor. Its a political game and the ones that don't play it will never get into politics. Wake up and smell reality people. Every politician is crooked its just the degree of how crooked he/she is. I cant beleive all these comments "HE SICKENS ME etc..." he is no different than all big businesses and politicians that has been the same for the last 2000 years and will always be the same.

June 15, 2009 at 4:25 pm |
  31. Clay

"Leave it to the libs to glamorize and promote a criminal like Blagojevich."

Huh? Did you read the article? They're basting the guy in his own juices.

"What kind of idiot sells a senate seat"? Yes, very glamorous!

June 15, 2009 at 4:24 pm |
  32. Marija

All of u would love to be in his shoes !
    Toliko o vasim komentarima.........

June 15, 2009 at 4:23 pm |
  33. LDOG

"This is a travesty, bla bla bla" All you downers should get a sense of humor. Him being able to laugh at himself shows he's not that bad of a guy, he just made some bad decisions. What a swell dude.

June 15, 2009 at 4:19 pm |
  34. Toni

“At least we know from whom Obama learned to be a liar and a fraud!" That statement was not called for.. Is it possible that the Rep can move from there prejudice way and leave President Obama ALONE!!!.. And if you say it's not racist statement you are a LIAR!! Watching the Rep televangelist who use "scare tactics" in the election telling there people if President Obama was elected that would be the beginning of the Antichrist, WHAT?? where in the bible does it say that electing a black man would start the beginning of the end?... Then turning on the news our President is not given the respect as that they call him Barrack and Obama... Come on People like it or not he is the President of the United States of America I didn't vote for Bush and didn't care for him but I still gave him the respect as My President. STOP BLAMING HIM FOR EVERYTHING!! And if we be very truthful we need to stop Blaming ex-President Bush for everything, the downfall of the economy is our own fault and the fault of the greedy unpatriotic CEO's and Wall Street... If these companies understood business 101 for idiots then we wouldn't be in this issue You have to provide jobs to your consumers so they can afford to buy your product. But the all mighty dollar was what they were after which in turn made the dollar worthless and America a laugh. Greed drove America into a recession. It's not about black and white even though American's will never stop judging the world by the color of our skin We need to get over that... The bottom line is there is nothing that can be done to save America no matter who is in office Rep or Dem's. America has been sold to the highest bidder , So stop with the complaining and finger pointing you want someone to blame go stand in front of the mirror..did or do you live beyond your means? in your driveway how many American cars do you have if any? We all act like we are innocent even those who were being responsible want to remain blameless but there is something ,if we really look closely , That contributed to the fall of America. So with that said everyone enjoy America while it is still that shortly the new owner will take that name away too.

June 15, 2009 at 4:14 pm |
  35. Buckeye Mike in Fla

The man is facing a very long road ahead, maybe just ease up on the guy a little bit. The segment was funny, those of you who thought otherwise really need to get a sense of humor.

June 15, 2009 at 4:09 pm |
  36. Shannon

Blago got caught being a politician and now everyone hates him, right? Go figure!

June 15, 2009 at 3:58 pm |
  37. jo-jo

WHO CARES ???????????????????????????

June 15, 2009 at 3:56 pm |
  38. terri

why would anyone waste time writing a dumb article like this? AND why am I wasting my time reading it?
    He is stupid and has no shame. How embarassing for his kids, to know both their Mom and Dad are behaving the way they are, just for attention and money!!!!
    Can't wait till he gets jail time.

I loved Elizabeth's comments!!! You go girl !!!

June 15, 2009 at 3:54 pm |
  39. nile76

I can understand why some people would be disgusted byt this, but I pray that no one here decides to make this a topic of discussion again. If that happens, then will this be foolish. He and his might have messed up. it's up to the law to condemn them. WHO CARES!?! Unless this effects us personally, we should worry bout our on family mess ups and applaud our family successes. I felt I had to post this, but I fstill feel silly doing it. Y'all stya blessed!

June 15, 2009 at 3:53 pm |
  40. eric from oregon

I would like to remind everyone that he hasn't been convicted of anything yet. Remember that guy Ted stevens or something from Alaska that everyone was yelling about because the Alaskans had been voting for him even though he was being charged... guess what he got off and the people charging him are in trouble last i heard.

June 15, 2009 at 3:51 pm |
  41. joni

What a low-life !!! and his wife, too. Going on these stupid reality shows and acting the way they are doing. It's ridiculous and stupid. What a jerk !!!

June 15, 2009 at 3:51 pm |
  42. Deb

How dare he compare his "political woes" to what happened to Jesus Christ. Come talk to us after they nail you to a cross you idiot.

June 15, 2009 at 3:44 pm |
  43. Last Conservative

Its so funny when people characterize the "libs" as having a monopoly on horrid politicians. Its a time honored REPUBLICAN tradition to have as many or more skeletons in our closets than the liberals do. Rod Blagojevich shall face the music one way or another ... but ... why do we the snooty holier than though "Justin Vs" of the world ... continue to elect idiots like him ... and like George Bush (I even voted for the bum ... and I don't stand by those votes anymore). Why do we? Look back on this guy, at what point does this mop topped goof seem like a good choice? When will we get real candidates? I guess never ... the corporation purchase the candidates before the elections are run and the rest of the people are too busy reading the junk on CNN and FOX and People magazine to notice or care. So they do like "Justin V" and just go down the line checking D or R ... and the fall of humanity continues ... Socrates had it right I think 😦

June 15, 2009 at 3:43 pm |
  44. scott wilcott

Why do you keep covering this crook ?

June 15, 2009 at 3:39 pm |
  45. Wastedyrs

This slime is everything that people say they hate about politicians and yet NBC feels they should put him on a game show. Yes "game show" because that crap isn't reality.

Don't complain about things if you support this clown in any way.

June 15, 2009 at 3:38 pm |
  46. AP in Illinois

What's next, a duet with Drew Peterson?

June 15, 2009 at 3:38 pm |
  47. Vinnie Russo

Blogojevich is the Brain Damage Posterboy

June 15, 2009 at 3:37 pm |
  48. ConstantineXI

And let's remember Obama was on Blagojevich's campaign staff and worked hard in two elections to get Blagojevich elected.

June 15, 2009 at 3:34 pm |
  49. Rob in Florida

He's the male Nancy Pelosi but without the army of crafty staffers to cover his tracks. If he were only a little dumber, he could have been Speaker of the House.

June 15, 2009 at 3:25 pm |
  50. Rob in Florida

He's the male Nancy Pelosi but without the army of crafty staffers to cover his tracks. If her were only a little dumber, he could have been Speaker of the House.

June 15, 2009 at 3:24 pm |
  51. ShyGuyInNYC

I'm taking up space.
    So is the useless subject of this story.
    He does not deserve attention and neither do I.

June 15, 2009 at 3:22 pm |
  52. diddy

Blago is the man, this is the funniest thing ever, and a video clip to go along with it, oh my.

June 15, 2009 at 3:19 pm |
  53. Gloria

Right on, Elisabeth!! You are so correct (I don't want to say "right" as that may imply a political leaning, lol).

June 15, 2009 at 3:18 pm |
  54. Fred

Isn't their something in the Bible that says "judge not lest ye be judged". And, what is with all of the comments trying to make it an Obama thing? Like me, everyone I know are quite tired of those people who are so vitriolic about their candidate losing or Obama winning. I am torn between wishing they would crawl back under their rocks or continue spewing their hatred and nastiness and thereby further assure that more people will recognize their bankrupt blatherings and elect decent politicians rather than the amoral ignoramouses that they put in power for eight years creating another period that could be termed "the dark ages". I think we should refer to these foul- tempered blatering idiots as "Cheneyites".

June 15, 2009 at 3:17 pm |
  55. Chris W

Blaggo is innocent, free Rod!!!!

June 15, 2009 at 3:15 pm |
  56. Ursula

LOL – He's apparently captured the hearts of gay men everywhere!

June 15, 2009 at 3:09 pm |
  57. dave

just shows he stills has a since of humor, more that i can say for those stuck up, idiot republicans huh, i can see russia from my house

June 15, 2009 at 3:08 pm |
  58. Brett from Oriskany,VA

Dear CNN, Much as I like your website, I don't understand why you have to give media time to the likes of Blagojovich and other has been losers,traitors and war criminals like Limbaugh,Cheney and Palin. I realize you probably base this on "soap sold" ie: its waht the people want,even I click on this stuff. I guess its really a sad comment on America. Now the International Court indicts Cheney for war crimes, that would be news!

June 15, 2009 at 3:06 pm |
  59. Gary

I can't wait until he's in prison so that we don't have to see this kind of spectacle.

June 15, 2009 at 3:05 pm |
  60. YLO

Blago and Drew Peterson should become pen pals. They seem to have a lot in common.

June 15, 2009 at 3:04 pm |
  61. Steve

i don't get the hair thing ,,, can he do something with that bush ????

June 15, 2009 at 3:03 pm |
  62. Malik

I guess when you've fallen as far as Blago, all that is left to do is clown around. Entertainment was probably always more his true calling. He couldn't have done any worse than in public service. It's really kind of sad.

June 15, 2009 at 2:57 pm |
  63. Sandra

KUDOS, Elizabeth!!!!!!!!!!!

June 15, 2009 at 2:55 pm |
  64. Marko

and now for the new Blago hair products line, "It's Bleep'in Golden!"

June 15, 2009 at 2:54 pm |
  65. chicago48

Hope he enjoys his temporary freedom on stage...he'll be behind the slammer for a LONG time. And WHY ON EARTH is Second City promoting this criminal who disgraced their own state and our country?

June 15, 2009 at 2:54 pm |
  66. Blagoblagoblag

Wow, pure, utter desperation for attention.

and completely unsurprising, given the man's history.....

June 15, 2009 at 2:54 pm |
  67. JoAnna Toth

They really scraped the bottom of the barrel for comments on the Govenor. This only shows the true character and spiritual values of those who spirt their evil in this world...and you call yourselves conservative, God fearing and following Christians..give ME a break hypocrits! Why don't you try doing and saying what Jesus would do, you do not have any proof this man was not set up, yet you judge him, that is NOT a Christian or a person of any character or value. Remember people "Do unto others as you would have done to you?" A real Christian LIVES this biblical instruction...read your comments and look in the mirror, you need help.

June 15, 2009 at 2:53 pm |
  68. Abe

I completely understand that what he did is wrong and we should not celebrate what he has done.

But it just "politics" and he just got caught, but that is basically how politics works and have been working since forever.

I don't justify what he's done nor agree with it, but most politics if not all are like that at some point or another, he just got caught

June 15, 2009 at 2:53 pm |
  69. Chicagoan

Such an embarrassment to all of us from Illinois. It's a joke to someone, I guess, but not when the state is in a bad shape like right now. People can't afford it. Also, he's a potential criminal, I can't understand everyone's amusement with this person.

June 15, 2009 at 2:53 pm |
  70. dom

mick, he probably secretly is hahaha, and if not now he will be soon. Also, I wouldn't call that glorifying a criminal I'd call it mocking a guy with a huge ego to take him down a notch; which obviously it has. I personally think all politicians found guilty of corruption should face charges as a traitor and hanged. That's just me though.

June 15, 2009 at 2:46 pm |
  71. Colonel Aureliano Buendia

to the person who said, "Leave it to the libs to glamorize and promote a criminal like Blagojevich", what are you talking about? They are lampooning him. Obviously there is something really wrong with that guy, but Second City wasn't trying to promote him. They were making a mockery of him. And what does being liberal or conservative have to do with anything. The whole country agrees that he is a criminal. We carried him out of office on a rail. You really need to get out of that "liberals vs. conservatives" mindset. It's really outdated and it's causing a lot of harm.

June 15, 2009 at 2:45 pm |
  72. Terry

KUDOS ELIZABETH!!!!

June 15, 2009 at 2:42 pm |
  73. Terry

KUDOS ELIZABETH!!!!

June 15, 2009 at 2:42 pm |
  74. Timbo

Hope that Dimwit makes it down to Texas we will show him how to troll for gators!

June 15, 2009 at 2:39 pm |
  75. Elisabeth

"At least we know from whom obama learned to be a liar and a fraud!"...This article isn't even about Obama....but every chance someone gets they have to make an ugly remark....It's the hatefulness, nastyness, and uglyness from people like you, the reason I left the Republican Party....and no im NOT a left wing "whacko" ....their are a lot of scum on BOTH sides, but I seriously am stunned at the disgusting comments about our president....I voted for "W"...and look where that got me....but instead of bashing him, I leave that to God...I have seen the most hate come from so called Christians...you know..the "chosen" ones..the ones that are so good and pure...In my bible it says that only God is supposed to judge...but im sure you have all the justifications in the world for your hate and evil...
    I really pity you...for your anger and uglyness....

June 15, 2009 at 2:34 pm |
  76. Billy

The Chi Town Kids wrote a great song about Blago (song is featured all over the city) – you can find it here: http://www.chitownkids.com/newmusic.html

June 15, 2009 at 2:34 pm |
  77. Gary

The play is actually quite funny. Anyone visiting Chicago should go and see it.

June 15, 2009 at 2:33 pm |
  78. Mariel

I think it is funny that all of you guys are getting all upset at him. First of all chuck, he is not running from the law duh!!! if he was, he would be in hiding. And those of you that think he is sick, because he tried to sell a sentate seat, um can you say "retard" maybe if he was a child molester or something like that, then yeah I would say he is sick. You all are dumb.

June 15, 2009 at 2:33 pm |
  79. Billy

Haha, i cant believe this made CNN. I was at the show at Second City when Blago came out. It was fricken hilarious...crowd erupted. This guy was in the wrong profession...even if guilty, he's truly hilarious!

June 15, 2009 at 2:30 pm |
  80. flcreeker

In one word.......pathetic

June 15, 2009 at 2:24 pm |
  81. John

He is so hot !!!!!!!!!!!

June 15, 2009 at 2:23 pm |
  82. Bill

Comparing Obama and Blagojevich is ridiculous.

June 15, 2009 at 2:22 pm |
  83. Wendy

Just fall into the political sterotype of Illinois. Hasn't been goo-EVER!

June 15, 2009 at 2:20 pm |
  84. Trey

Can't we just move on? This isn't politics...this is pandering to the voyeuristic gluttony of the American public. This isn't interesting...it's sad...and pretty bad PR.

June 15, 2009 at 2:18 pm |
  85. Dan

C'mon everyone... he's working on his next career... selling laughs! Seriously, its a sad situation when someone can get criticised for laughing at himself. Was he wrong? Yes. Does he realize it? Yes. Otherwise, how could he participate in something like this? Is this the beginnings of an apology? Maybe.

If you don't find it amusing, fine. Some of us do. Now if ole G. Bush would get up there... I'd really be laughing.

June 15, 2009 at 2:18 pm |
  86. Blake

At least we know from whom obama learned to be a liar and a fraud!

June 15, 2009 at 2:14 pm |
  87. Desperate

He's just trying to raise money for his defense fund. Same has his wife on "I'm A Celebrity. Get Me Out Of Here". Not sure what qualifies her as a celeb, but anything to make a buck, and this is just another example.

June 15, 2009 at 2:14 pm |
  88. guamyankee

I think it's great when corrupt politicians show up for their own mockery plays. I'm all for it!

June 15, 2009 at 2:13 pm |
  89. FRANCES EDENS, OKOLONA, MS.

This man knows no shame. He needs to exit stage left. We the people are tired of him.

June 15, 2009 at 2:13 pm |
  90. Steve

What a sad, pathetic family. At this point him and his wife are just giving their kids even more to be ashamed of. They need to go!

June 15, 2009 at 2:12 pm |
  91. chuck

Does he not fully understand the seriousness of this indictment? I guess he was trying to do what Sarah Palin did on Saturday Night Live and laugh with them as a way to neutralize the comedy / critic. This is a form of quality control, but Blago is not running for office. He is running from the law.

June 15, 2009 at 2:11 pm |
  92. Michael

What else could come from Illinois?

Rostenkowski – indicted on corruption charges,
    Former Gov. G. Ryan- corruption charges, convicted
    Blago – criminal conspiracy charges...

Ah, yes, Obama is also from Illinois. Or is he from Hawaii? Or from Kenya?.. Whatever...

June 15, 2009 at 2:10 pm |
  93. Patrick

This guy and his wife are so pathetic – truly narcissists with no shame whatsoever. Between her self-promotion, praying, and pathetic pandering on that truly repulsive "Celebrity" (i.e. non- or completely washed up) TV show she's on (because he couldn't leave the country to do it) and his recent appearances, it's apparent that they are either mentally ill or evil. Or both. They need to be convicted. Disgusting.

June 15, 2009 at 2:10 pm |
  94. Kym

It just shows how sick he is that he would participate in something like that. Does he see it as fiction. I guess he does see it as a big joke. How can he face himself in the mirror everyday and his children, how can he bare to face them. The last place he should be is in public. I am so glad I moved out of IL.

June 15, 2009 at 2:07 pm |
  95. mick

I've always had a crush on him. now it's even stronger, too bad he's not gay.

June 15, 2009 at 2:06 pm |
  96. JustinV

Leave it to the libs to glamorize and promote a criminal like Blagojevich.

June 15, 2009 at 2:04 pm |
  97. Ken

Dumb.

June 15, 2009 at 1:59 pm |
  98. auntie em

Blagojevich is the poster child for the political area. He sickens me.

June 15, 2009 at 1:57 pm |
  99. lisa

You have got to be kidding me...

June 15, 2009 at 1:56 pm |