American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
July 7th, 2009

Jackson remembered: 1958-2009

(Getty Images/AFP/Thierry Salliou )Michael Jackson performs during his first date in Great Britain at Wembley Stadium on July 30, 1992.

He was lauded and ridiculed. He broke down barriers and built them around himself. He soared to heights unimaginable with his music, and he made the ignominious front page of gutter tabloids worldwide.

For Michael Jackson, the spotlight was always present, and the rest of the world followed.

Even his passing has played out in the spotlight: Thousands are expected to swamp Los Angeles, California, to mourn him today at the Staples Center.

Share your Michael Jackson memories »

Filed under: Entertainment
  1. Suzanne Mcclean

CNN. thank you. The coverage on Michael Jackson was excellent. The only thing that upset me is the way some people and a New York congressman tried to slaughter a great man's rep. When the congressman was talking he sounded so jealous, like a whinning pig when it wants food. I am here down in Barbados watching and wondering if he wanted to be noticed, it would have been wise to say positive things. He upset people far beyond he can imagine. I thank the woman that spoke on behalf of the United States Government and inbetween the lines lashed back at the Congress man. As a Congressman shouldn't he already know that you are innocent until proven otherwise? If it was left up to him, people would have to carry the title that they were charged with even though found innocent. I am sorry that he has to be so jealous over a dead man, and knowing that when he dies that he may only get 3 minutes of CNN coverage. R.I.P. Michael, and thanks CNN, you are world's best. BARBADOS

July 9, 2009 at 8:55 am |
  2. Dillon Ollivierre

hey i heard that the boys who accused michael jackson of child molestation came forward and said they lied..so why am i not hearing this being played over and over to get the message across...alot of people may belive so the message needs to get across ..the truth needs to be spred like wildfire

July 8, 2009 at 7:35 pm |
  3. jenny

Its time imo to put this to rest and MJ. I am sad for the familys loss and his children., With that being said coming from a child abuse background. meaning I was. This is to much.,
    MJ was a great singer way back. But the last few years were tainted.
    IMo Iran woman right now should be upfront in the news.
    Come on ppl ...put Mj to rest.
    We are turning him into a hero. He was a man who sang really good.
    I can still see the picture of him dangleing his child over the railing.
    That was a fact we all saw.
    I feel for MJ. How sad.
    But time to move on world as there is still news happening.

July 7, 2009 at 3:51 pm |
  4. guarlmide jean(best fan)

i love you michael Jackson, they won't let you get in rest... they gonna dig to see if your skin become dark once you get there.

July 7, 2009 at 1:47 pm |
  5. Daniel

If you're old enough as me and remember "Woodstock" this resembles it times 100. Everyone just wants to be close as they can, to say they were there that day in history.

Daniel .................................. Toronto, Canada

July 7, 2009 at 10:52 am |
  6. Suzanne Mcclean

hello again, i am here watching cnn and the question of who is going to pay for the memorial? well if we do not have a good memory, let me refresh your mind. Michael Jackson made far more money for city of LA than they would have to spend on him today. think about all the concerts over the years and how everyone involved benefitted, so the city paying this bill should be no sweat. you all find money to fund less important events. R.I.P micky

July 7, 2009 at 10:01 am |
  7. Clarice B

adding to my last comment...somehow I feel at peace now because I thought that if he was still alive, the media and other bad people would NOT stop, since after the accusations. THEY were killing him! which eventually lead to no sleep, then derpession and sleeping drugs etc...on top of that, the trauma from jail time. They were brutal! (locking him up in the bathroom for 45 mins with feces and other God knows what!) he let all this get to him! He was weak and never favored violence. so he fought back in the most silent way: that is to not project any actions..UGH! .i'm absolutely disgusted at what people think they can do for money

July 7, 2009 at 9:58 am |
  8. Clarice B

I can't believe what I'm watching. So far I've seen on CNN that some people flash their tickets as if they're going to some kick ass concert. Those are not fans. I don't want to hate, but if you aren't a believer in his ways and music, don't disrespect! Unless it is that way that you grieve...then so be it. But we're talking about an INDIVIDUAL (truly) who to me, was sent from Heaven to spread and instill peace and harmony and love. His music is all about his life, past, present, and future. Let's carry on the future with his wishes. That is of course how we all should be...a peaceful people.

July 7, 2009 at 9:49 am |
  9. Ni Rodriguez

Today is the day we celebrate a gift that God has given us who left to soon. It's one thing to hear his voice through his lyrics on the radio or tv, another to see and hear him...but it 's just not the same. It is also a day that he predicted upon himself. 7 years ago today, he sign his Will, how ironic that he is being remembered on the same day 7 years later. We all grew up with Michael in good and bad times. He was a Man Child just like any other man who still has childlike tendencies. We all have one in the family. He wasn't wierd or abnormal. His career has been glamorous but his private life wasn't private at all. Forget about the past! Let's reflect on his life, the music he created, music videos that he perfected to the tiniest detail.

My all time fave song is "They Don't Care About Us." It shows how the most important issues that need resolving is worth saving and healing. That is who Michael was, someone who cared and gave back. While the politicans used human bodies as a chess game , Michael Jackson was healing the World!

July 7, 2009 at 9:41 am |
  10. nancy

Geesh ~~ enough is enough.

While the focus today, tomorrow and for the next God-knows-how-many-days
    will be the death of a pop culture icon; while many will mourn, wail and
    quite literally make fools of themselves over it and while as many will
    speak endlessly about it, allow me, if only for a moment, to remind us all
    that others have died this month; others whose lives were cut short; others
    who leave behind loved ones and whose families will dearly miss them;
    families who'll suffer with much more dignity and honor than we'll be
    exposed to on the tube in the coming days.

Yes... it's true... we've suffered a great loss... but forgive me while I
    tell you that I'm not talking about the king of pop music.

These American military members died in Iraq this month:

Specialist Jarrett P. Griemel
    Specialist Roberto A. Hernandez
    Sergeant Jasper K. Obakraiur
    Staff Sergeant Jeffrey A. Hall
    Private 1st Class Matthew D. Ogden
    Private 1st Class Matthew W. Wilson

Let's remember and honor this day those whose deaths are truly impacting.

God rest them and God comfort their loved ones they've left behind.

And may God use their deaths to remind us all of the shortness of our days.

July 7, 2009 at 9:28 am |
  11. David

Some people just have that affect on people, it just go's to show you that Michael Jackson not only had but even after his death still has that affect. Micheal Jackson not only was he love by most of the WORLD but he is loved by many,many,many people all around the WORLD. No matter what any one may say like him or not he was loved by MANY. And for all those that are hating on him or the media coverage of his death. Just think of the song Heal The World. I got to say it's just a shame that there are so mant mega Churches Black & White in just about every big city in most states but it seems that it is just that a mega Church in the form of a building But not in a form of a Spiritual way of life. Now I still ask this question why is it that the world have so many problems and is so messed up when we have thousands of people in these mega churches that suppose to be praising, and worshiping, and living a Christ like life. In these mega churches that hold twenty thousand people are there not more saved people that there are unsaved. Can't this world be healed can't we all just love one another. Can't we just get along. Can't we just see each other as people and not Black or white, if you want to hate on something let's hate on Greed the thing that messed up the world as well as many ,many, many other things.

July 7, 2009 at 9:26 am |
  12. Marilyn

My entire life is full of memories of Michael, beginning with the Jackson Five. I am only one year younger than Michael. So the stages Michael was growing through in his life were the same stages I was experiencing. As a kid, I followed the Jackson Five every recording. My sister bought their only Christmas album. After that we listed to it every Christmas. I remember watching their cartoon show every Saturday as a kid.
    I never got to see them perform live as the Jackson 5 but I did get to see Michael Jackson perform live in 1988. He performed in Atlanta. At the very beginning of his show in neonlights was a light animation showing his feet walking across the stage with the glitter socks. The excitement of anticipation from the crowd is like nothing I had ever experienced before or since. He then walked out on that stage and gave one of the best performances I had ever seen. He made you feel like you got far more than your money's worth. That is one of many many reasons why we fans have remained so loyal and will always be loyal to Michael Jackson.

My two children ages 16 and 21 years old are big fans of Michael Jackson also. They also grew up listening to his music. My son tried to dance like him when he was very young. Michael transcended age, race, income and culture. May he rest in peace. He will be loved forever. I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing his unreleased projects. He will be missed and never forgotten.

July 7, 2009 at 9:23 am |
  13. Benitha

Matthew 22:14 states, "For many are invited, but few are chosen." I am so thankful that Michael Jackson was one of the few chosen ones to make such a contribution to the music industry. His musical and dance talents have impacted the world. He will forever remain in my heart. As a fan, MJ's death has brought great sadness to my heart. I cannot imagine how his family must feel, but my heartfelt condolences are sent to the family. I cannot believe today is the day for him to be lain to rest...

July 7, 2009 at 9:20 am |
  14. kiara parish

Michael Was a hero to all people. He will truly be missed i remember trying to moon walk in my socks in the hall way saying "hehe". I'm watching CNN right now adoring his wonderful past of life as we say good-bye to not only an icon but a American Dream.

Love Always,
    Kiara S. Parish

July 7, 2009 at 9:13 am |
  15. Suzanne Mcclean

Good morning World, today is the last day that our great Michael will be above ground with us and the feeling is unexplainable. During this whole ordeal, one question keeps comming to my mind and that is, where is Diana Ross? She is the one who brought them to Motown, so where is she? what are her comments and how does she feel? we as life time fans who know the journey would like to know. If anyone should be in the front, it should be Diana. Please let me know what is what with her. thank you

July 7, 2009 at 9:11 am |
  16. Sheila

I send my heartfelt condolences to the Jackson family and to millions of his fans around the world. His legacy and his music will live forever. One of the greatest imprints I feel that he has left behind to all us was his courage to express himself from pure love and pure heart. This is evident from listening to many of his songs. He wanted peace for himself as well as peace and love for the children and people of the world. I truly believe that Michael will be remembered not only for his music but also because of his compassionate heart.

Sending you my Love, Michael...

July 7, 2009 at 9:02 am |
  17. terry godley

michael was truely "master of his domain" in every respect!his music will live on in our hearts and minds forever.........

July 7, 2009 at 9:02 am |
  18. Shondene Thornhill

I wish to offer condolences to the family of Michael Jackson.

Michael was a household namei n my childhood days and whilst growing up his dance moves were the bomb can be seen every where on the streed.

He was bad and thrilled the world who would not stop even now as they did not get enought and on June 25th 2009 the world for a few minutes became speechless.

To those who have nothing positive to say just Beat It.

You will never will this war.

There are more of us who love him that those of you who dont.

Michael R.I.P

Shondene
    Barbados

pres

July 7, 2009 at 9:00 am |
  19. adam logie

We here in grenada in the caribbean, want to extend our love and well wishes to the jackson family, and fans alike. he never set foot on our little island but everywhere you went his music and pictures were there. he will be missed

July 7, 2009 at 8:58 am |
  20. Adam Stearns

Dear Michael,
    I remember when I was a little boy and I would watch you dance and sing on TV,
    you were my inspiration. I watched you ever so intently and learned your every move.
    You taught me how to dance, you influenced my musical taste. You are always in
    my heart and memories. When I heard about what happened I broke down, but then
    I started to reflect and introspect on all the fond memories of you I have and it makes
    me smile. You always were there for others and so it was apparent in your music and
    artistry. You will always live on in the hearts and souls of everyone you touched and
    you will always be in my heart. Michael, you will be missed but know that your dream
    has come to fruition. You are immortal. You will live on in the hearts of all those you
    touched through your music, generosity, and love.
    -Adam David Stearns

July 7, 2009 at 8:55 am |
  21. Heather A Parker

We have truly been Blessed by an Angel. Michael not only leaves behind a legacy no one can match, but more importantly, he leaves us with messages from his music, on how to love one another unconditionally, that it is okay to be in touch with your inner child no matter what age you are, that skin color is irrelevant; what matters is everything inside your heart. Michael had a hugh heart and sadly so many failed to realize that. He was the man who reached inside our souls only to pull out the goodness in everyone. Michael will be missed but more then that his life will be celebrated everyday until we meet him again walking on the moon.

July 7, 2009 at 8:54 am |
  22. Karen

I remember as a child begging my father to buy me my 1st Jackson 5 album, he did and I was a fan ever since. My parents were the first people that I called when I heard the sad news and they truly understood why I cried. Losing Michael is like losing a great friend – even though we never met.

July 7, 2009 at 8:54 am |
  23. JJ LaBoy

I am just in awe of the effect he has had even in his passing. Walking the streets in NYC, you hear his music in every store in every car. It's just amazing!! I am taken back when i first witnessed his majic in San Diego, CA. I was 13 and just watched THRILLER on MTV. It was a huge event on MTV, playing every hour on the hour. I watched it every chance I got. I was left speechless and inspired. I am grateful to have been in a world that included his genius for music, that goes beyond radio play.
    I'm in love with the love that is just overflowing in the world for THE KING OF POP. It just puts so many things into perspective. What's more important, is the question we should all be asking ourselves. Michael Jackson will surely be missed from this day foward. The music industry has lost it's biggest contributor and inspiration. GOD BLESS the Jackson Family and Michaels Children. My prayers are with them!!

July 7, 2009 at 8:52 am |
  24. alejandra

Michael Jackson has passed away, but his music will always stay here with us. he has become a legend... He will never be forgotten.

July 7, 2009 at 8:48 am |
  25. Greg Hamby

MJ.. certainly a controversial figure...tragic death...too much coverage,
    He could dance but voice was just average,,,did not write music or play an instrument...overall more of an act than real musical talent.

July 7, 2009 at 8:46 am |
  26. Desiree Ikard

I Love You Michael Miss You crys everyday for him

July 7, 2009 at 8:46 am |
  27. chris cain

somebody put a sock in Al Sharptons' yap. He's the only one being desrespectful of Michaels' death.

July 7, 2009 at 8:45 am |
  28. Kelly

Michael Jackson is and always will be the one and only kig of pop.
    I wish I won the tickets to go, but no matter what I will always love him.

July 7, 2009 at 8:34 am |
  29. Dave

your own poll shows 77% will not watch, this is an example of the press doing this for the press, not for the respect of the fans. respect the man and give him his privacy!

July 7, 2009 at 8:32 am |
  30. Katrina White

What I remember about Michael Jackson "Billie Jean","who is it" mean
    alot to me he was a person not a personality he was human just trying to be happy.All the drama that happen is BS,and I don't believe any media cause it's garbage,Teli-vison(tell lie vision) Michael was always
    hated on his house is bigger than the White house.People become so
    jeolousy at him

July 7, 2009 at 8:28 am |
  31. Denise

Michael Jackson was one of a kind. He should be remembered for his transformational musical genius. But not only that. The man was a humanitarian who has been honored by presidents including our own President Reagan. He has given over $300 million dollars to charity and places all over the world have benefited from his philanthropy when he visited. I wish in death the news media would respect him with facts and what we know for sure and dwell on the positive and the good a person has done. If they would focus on these good deeds, it might enlighten some of his fan base that may not have known about these deeds and motivate them to do good in the world. Micheal will always be loved. RIP and prayers to his family.

July 7, 2009 at 8:28 am |
  32. Renee

I think your coverage of MJ has been superb. The coverage has been balanced well with other important news. Just continue to report with respect for MJ's children, who are will be the ultimate carriers of their father's legacy.

July 7, 2009 at 8:27 am |
  33. Daniel

I liked Michael's music but did not like his person. I'm very disappointed how the main street media is slobbering over him without barely touching on his personal problems. Report the news, do not glorify his life as a person, and he was not black/white he was a great singer/dancer. All people liked his work all over the world and I just hope the haters do not show up near the memorial. Please stop the slobbering over him. I think the drugs were not for him but for hi victims with IV's to but them under.

Daniel ................... Toronto, Canada

July 7, 2009 at 8:25 am |
  34. Marjon Jones

OOOOOOOOOOH Michael Jackson, you are truly the world's greatest icon. I remembered in high school in West Africa, Liberia, how we used to scream with joy hearing your music blast the speakers on "Color Day", and "Talent Show Day". I remember how Alma Dennis used to dressed up in your similar customes to perform " Billie Jean, and thriller for us. Oh my God, I still cannot believe that you are dead and gone, but as the Great God Almighty giveth, He also taketh, we cannot explain.
    All news about you Michael, are my favorite moments, but especially Motown 25, and the Billie Jean, MTV VMA performances. I love you Michael, and I will forever love you. You are the greatest of all time.

July 7, 2009 at 8:25 am |
  35. debbie

I believe that all the stars performing for michael jackson shouldn't be there in the first place. not one person was there for michael jackson when he needed support, every famous person thought michael jackson did it and put him down and how michael jackson was not black so why are they even there for. that service shoulod be for the real fans of michael jackson and not for the stars his fans loved him more then their own lives it should be for the family and his fans and thats hoe michael jackson would have wanted it. why isn't anybody saying that michael jackson was MURDERD!!!!!!!! I think he was murdered for his money and i believe that his father had something to do with it. nobody is asking the right questions and not seeing the facts that are right in there face why isn't the media on top of this

MICHAEL JACKSON WILL BE MISSED AND LOVED FOREVER!!!!! I LOVE YOU MICHAEL JACKSON MAY HE BE IN PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 7, 2009 at 8:24 am |
  36. Edward May

Unbelievable! The way this memorial is being held, lottery tickets, limited attendance, no Neverland shrine with burial, Joe Jackson's indifferent behavior. Typical circus. Anyway... the world without Michael Jackson just got a whole lot smaller...

July 7, 2009 at 8:24 am |
  37. Sha'Ronda Burkes

Michael Jackson will always be remembered. He left a legacy that will live forever. i believe that "Leave Me Alone" was a cry for help because people would not let him live his life the way he wanted to. R.I.P. Michael J. Jackson, you will forever be in my heart.

July 7, 2009 at 8:24 am |
  38. ANTONIO JACOTIN

i'm happy for myself for being a witness of the most ever popular superstar in the world. For what he did for the music , culture, people
    MICHAEL JACKSON will be alive for ever
    JEHOVAH BLESS HIM

July 7, 2009 at 8:21 am |
  39. hotmail

I wish people would just let him die and cover other things on the news. Like our troops over seas or may be North Korea .... you know that might be importan.

July 7, 2009 at 8:20 am |
  40. Debbie

I think it is a disgrace all the publicity the Michael Jackson death is getting. With everything that is going on in our world such as the economy, people out of work, etc. the news media should concentrate more on important world wide affairs rather than focus on Michael Jackson.

There were other famous people that have passed away who were just as important, if not more important, than Michael Jackson and they never got the media coverage he is getting.

I just do not understand what is going on with the news media on this
    nonsense.

July 7, 2009 at 8:20 am |
  41. Dillon Ollivierre

It is with shock that I write this poem after reading and listening
    Its all confusing and shocking
    It is my belief that Americans including family killed the pop star
    The stress level was so high it seems like he wanted to be way far
    Years ago he was accused of child molestation
    Now after his death the accused is said to have changed his story as a dedication
    Now the truth is out why not have this story all around the world
    Why not spread the truth to every man,woman,boy and girl
    Why not seek the accuser and have him live on TV
    Let’s get the truth out and end this insanity
    The numbers of people so look at Michael negatively
    Let’s turn the page and end the story positively

The millions that were paid for doing nothing
    On this day I say it’s time to do something
    We his fans want the truth to be heard, bring the accuser forward let the truth flow
    Oprah I ask you to get this poem on your show
    His accusation case was major all over the globe
    To shed light to the truth is our role

The great music he gived to us
    The many children and sufferers he helped, the poverty people who lived in lust
    The young child in the hospital who need a liver
    Michael fought to save the life and he did deliver
    His heal the world song was so real and true
    He asked us again will you be there, now am asking what will you do

Will the show host, radio announcers and editors shed light to the world
    Will you share the truth to help changed the impact these accusations had on our fathers,mothers,boys and girls
    Will you be bold and force the hand of chandler and have the truth showed to the world
    Would you let the truth be known to every boy and girl
    The negative impact that was created will you help remove that
    Will you get the truth back on top
    Michael gived us a legacy of love, of passion and of dedication
    He was a hero, a servant to the sufferers and most of all an inspiration
    His music inspired others to be the performer they are today
    His dance moves, his message, his contribution, allow it all not to fade away

The pain inside that could not be bared no more
    The alleged pain killers they helped open another door
    Why couldn’t someone forcefully or willingly rushed to his side
    Love, trust and believe in him and help enhance the ride
    The rough road of stress
    Lord why take away the best
    Why did that major accusation took place
    Why let this ambassador fall short of this great race

Lord reveal the truth to the world
    To the family I ask that the never land ranch be kept as a magical place for every boy and girl
    Like a fairytale story keep it alive for the children of this world
    Let us share Michael’ legacy with every boy and girl
    What really caused his death, the truth we need to hear
    Michael Joseph Jackson may we send him of the right and positive way,isn't that fair?
    Why condemn or destroy someone who wanna help heal the world
    A man who felt the pain for every boy and girl
    The sufferers all over the world, the kids who no one else would wanna help
    Lord I ask that his legacy remains alive
    Michael Joseph Jackson a great performer, an outstanding dancer
    Lord bless his kids as they live on without a loving father

Let the truth be told
    Lies sell but the truth it needs to be told

written by Dillon Ollivierre
    From St.Vincent

July 7, 2009 at 8:20 am |
  42. Ellen Kurzweil

He was "electric" on the stage as no other entertainer in history. He had a wonderful gift and shared it with the entire world. Such a warm, giving, loving individual that too many people did not understand, confusing eccentricity and unusual behavior with negative connotations. He died way too soon, but will be remembered and loved by all those who loved him. My consolation comes knowing that he is now in a better place and will forever rest in peace.

July 7, 2009 at 8:20 am |
  43. Dillon Ollivierre

Today June 25th the world moan the lost of a blessing
    Today people are all crying and stressing
    Today we have lost the king of pop
    One of the greatest who was on his way back
    Sold out shows with the expectation of an outstanding performance
    Dynamic music mixed with love and romance
    Classy dance moves
    So slick it will make any flower bloom

We his fans are all crying tears of pain
    Lord our lost is your gain
    In the starry sky he dwells looking down on us
    His success as an artiste is beyond the human ability to lust
    We drown ourselves in his musical style
    The way he catch our attention and take us for a musical ride
    The black man who turned white
    We saw him as Michael and not black or white
    The prince of pop truly a blessing from above
    Michael we embrace you with love

Like a candle in the wind you blew out
    On this day we scream we shout
    We shout Michael, Michael, we will forever love you
    Your music, your style, your energy, everything about you
    The boy inside the man
    The man who some never fully understand
    We your full blooded fans we saw you as a blessing
    Lord be with us as we drown in the stressing

Michael Jackson and inspiration to dancers and artiste
    A promoter of love and peace
    A unique human being
    Michael Jackson a man blessed with musical loving
    To sing as though your in love with the lady call music
    To sing as though you never wanna lose it
    To sing as though you're making love
    To sing as though you're sinking deeper than ever in love
    To musically enter the room of love and advance stage by stage
    To be passionate yet gentle, to be romantic and not weird or full of rage
    To be the best lover you can be
    To be the one man who can satisfy your lady

Today we lost the musical lover, the king of pop
    Today we have lost Sir Michael Jackson king of pop
    We live not to forget so today we put that box of memories in a special place
    We listen to his music and imagine his face
    We see him on stage dancing with passion and love
    We see him smiling as he sings and dance from up above
    Every rain drop he calls a blessing as he touches our soul
    When you look up connect the stars and Michael will be made whole

REST IN PEACE MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON
    written by Dillon Ollivierre
    From St.Vincent & The Grenadines

July 7, 2009 at 8:19 am |
  44. kathy brathwaite

hi my name is kathy brathwaite and im ONE OF MICHAEL FANS I HAD ALL OF HIS POSTERS ON MY BEDROOM WALL BACK IN THE 80'S I LOVE HIS MUSIC MY FARVITE SONG GONE TOO SOONAND THE EARTH SONG FROM KATHY IN BARBADOS R.I.P LOVE MICHAEL

July 7, 2009 at 8:18 am |
  45. Dee Lawson

It is my understanding that AEG had taken out a large policy on Michael Jackson. If this is so, do you think that AEG might have had a hand in his death?

Question them some

July 7, 2009 at 8:18 am |
  46. Carol-Ann Wodehouse

My memories of Michael Jackson is dancing to his music with my one year old in my arms, it is a memory I will hole forever. My son was killed by a drunk driver at the age of l9 so it is even more of special memory ..... I hope he meets the King of Pop in heaven as he grew up listening to all of his music. Rest In Peace Michael you will be missed

Carol-Ann
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Canada

July 7, 2009 at 8:18 am |
  47. Rene' Kifer

I think he is one of the most respected singers of our time and his talent and love for everyone will forever shine. Yes I am a fan and have always been. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends and all his fans.

July 7, 2009 at 8:17 am |
  48. John

Thanks for letting me know when you'll begin covering Michael Jackson's funeral service. I'll make sure that I don't tune in to your network during the coverage.

July 7, 2009 at 8:11 am |
  49. Joyanne

I remember his most gentle and loving demeanour with those around him. There was a child-like quality to his presence even though he was an easily recognizable face, he never seemed to transition into an overzealous person. He just kept the common touch. I trust that his soul will rest in peace and that the legacy of love which he has left, will redound for years to come. Rest in Peace, Michael. God loves you!

July 7, 2009 at 8:02 am |
  50. renae

Excellent interview with Rev. Al Sharpton this morning. Those were the most positive statements regarding Michael Jackson's death and the media coverage surrounding it that I have seen so far. Everything about fox news is so negative we need something to smile about. Thanks CNN.

July 7, 2009 at 7:50 am |
  51. Jerry Lynch

I think CNN has way to much coverage of guy who liked little boys.

July 7, 2009 at 7:40 am |