Concealed weapons and heath care reform were top of mind for Wednesday’s American Morning audience. The majority were in favor of allowing those with weapons permits to cross state lines without penalty.
- Dave: I am A retired Police Officer. I don't even own a handgun any more, but I have a permit to carry, and just think that If I want to carry again, I can. I choose not to, but that choice if I have complied with the law should be mine, not just a national blanket NO you can't. Our cities have a track record for violence. Our officials have saw fit to some extent to allow that to happen. Now they are crying because people are starting to realize that the Police and Government isn't going to protect them. Criminals don't bat an eye about using violence. Law abiding citizens weigh the consequences of their actions. Defending one self is a natural instinct. Govt Bow out.
- Gordon: You guys missed the point in your story about the proposed concealed carry law in the Senate. Your story was about buying and owning guns. That is far different from having a concealed carry permit. How many CC gun owners have committed violent crimes. Not at Virginia Tech! Since Vermont does not have a CC permit law, would not that disqualify a Vermont resident from carrying in NYC, since the new law would require a permit in the state of residence? The Brady bill fro buying a hand gun didn't work! Concealed Carry background checks does work!
- Shayne: YES YES YES i think it is a good idea for citizens that have a weapons permit to carry them in any state!! The government is really good at taking away our rights; it would be nice to reward the GOOD Americans for once.
- Monte: the question of concealed weapons becomes one of "what can you do with it if you feel threatened? you cannot shoot somebody with it, regulation on deadly force should be taught to every gun owner. I feel that people who choose to carry a concealed weapon often get more aggressive in their behavior and feel they can pull the gun out anytime they want. that is not true! threatening people with a gun is a serious crime. people need to really understand the laws on gun use against other people.
- Dianne: I see no harm in licensed concealed gun owners carrying the weapon from state to state. As long as they also carry affidavits from at least five (5) different psychiatrist, confirming their sanity and common sense.
Where do you stand on this controversial issue? Are “illegal” guns responsible for the crime in America?
Regardless of opposition to the president's health care reform, the majority of viewers were still in favor of the Obama Administration’s push to solve the issue.
- Paul: In regards to healthcare, provide the general population with the same plan that Congress receives.
- Daisy: I am an independent voter. I voted for Obama and I am still with him!! When I hear the head of the Rep. party Steele sent a secret memo saying to delay the health care do every thing you can to delay it and I hear the S,C. Senator say we have to defeat Obama on health care it will be his Waterloo I know that it must be good for America!! They the Rep don't want to help the people they want back in power. This makes me sick!! Why don't you at CNN bring these things out let the people know what is being said?????
Sandy: taxing the rich: they have been using 'loop holes' for years & not paying much if anything...just let them pay their 'fair share'...
- Jerry: Ref Health Care: Why not ask the public to call or e-mail the senate and house and tell them what they chose or would like to have.
- Jose: "A Nation can not be wealthy when its people are sick."
- Mark: My wife and I are both retired. I'm on SS disability. We both have pensions from long term employers. We pay almost $4000/year for medical and dental. Our coverage is pretty good, but I get the impression that it would become worse under Obama's plan. How can I possibly support a plan that would give me less health care and cost me more? Why not expand the existing programs of Medicare and Medicaid to aid those w/o health care? They're already in place and could be modified to provide for more people
- Michael: With regards to health care reform, I hear a lot of people complaining that this is socialism. Well, look at our police and fire departments...those are forms of socialism, and no one seems to complain about that! Why don't we privatize those things if "socialism" is such a threat to our country? When it comes to these issues of importance, why do some people have such black & white views, as opposed to embracing some new ideas that might benefit us all?
Tell us your thoughts.