American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
November 17th, 2009
  1. Eric Weichselbaum

1.Weichselbaum rejects Sarah Palin’s invitation to go Moose hunting. The former Alaska governor, Sarah Palin invited Eric Weichselbaum on a moose hunting expedition in Iliamna, Alaska, but Weichselbaum, turned down the invite. "Killing animals for sport is not for me," Weichselbaum said. While he respectfully declined the invite, Weichselbaum told Palin that he'd be glad to take part in a helicopter tour of Alaska, as long as shotguns are not involved.

March 1, 2010 at 4:49 am |
  2. Stephanie

Palin is just fake.Plain and simple and I don't understand how people can not see that.Anything that Palin says just seems fake and conspired by someone else.

November 26, 2009 at 6:29 am |
  3. Maria in Texas

For all of you Women-haters who are critizing Sarah, I pity you all because you are so weak, have no guts, are filled with so much hate because you are jealous of what she's accomplished, and because down inside of you, you feel/ARE inferior. You swallow your Messiah's talking points and have no mind of your own because you have to fill your own brains with lies from the left extremists. I pity you, but don't feel sorry for you because I can't stand you as extremists who hate America and want to see it destroyed. Sarah is the real deal and you're so scared of her because she believes like many of us that we have to stand up on our two feet and work hard for what we want and not just simply put our hand out and ask for more. I'm so sick of you all haters and liars. GO SARAH!!

November 18, 2009 at 5:09 pm |
  4. dave

Libertarian Dave from the 17th above:
    Sorry I mistyped above- naturally I was speaking about Mrs. Palin
    discussing the color of her "underpants" i.e. panties not "unpants".
    I would guess nothing too risque, maybe a hipster with lace.

Constantly amazes me though that so called "Conservative" women be they the bimbos on Fox News, Ann Coulter, Monica Crowley, or Sarah – are constantly in mini-skirts, high heels, and low cut blouses on the TV and during public outings. Or maybe it is just for ratings/book sales.

CNN has the most beautiful women anyway with Kirin, Carol Costello,
    Suzanne Malveaux, among many

November 18, 2009 at 2:33 pm |
  5. hongli

Thank God for Oprah! Oprah asked the question and Sarah Palin lied again. The question was if the immediate family members had given their vote for her to be Vice-President. Sarah replied that she did not ask their opinion but said it was her decision not remembering that while on the campaign trail with John McCain she told a gathering that all the children voted for her to accept the vice-President Nomination. It's amazing how this trailer trash woman keeps changing her stories by the minute. My big question is Why did Sarah Palin choose Oprah a Democrat to promote her book instead of FOX NEWS? Your Answer--- Even FOX NEWS cannot tolerate her lies.

November 18, 2009 at 9:59 am |
  6. Pat Myles

Sarah met her mark by proving to be as "smart as a wet rock". Oprah was the disappointing one, doing nothing but lobbing "softball questions" to a person that has been proven to have lied in the book dozens of times.

November 18, 2009 at 9:15 am |
  7. nancy

@ "Leslie November 17th, 2009 7:47 pm ET

Typical of CNN, none of the women were FOR Sarah Palin. Just show those against her."

HEY, they had a REPUB on there too, she didn't like her either.

November 18, 2009 at 8:51 am |
  8. Roger Burk

Across the board your panels of 'normal people', expressed no interest in Palin or her book. Imagine my surprise when I saw long lines of people waiting to buy her book and meet her (live on MSNBC this morning).

Your panel pickers need to look beyond the CNN lobby when picking people who are labeled as 'normal Americans'.

And yet again...par for the course. 🙂

November 18, 2009 at 8:50 am |
  9. Cindy Bowen

I am a middle aged Kansas housewife and have never been in politics or a photo shoot. Yet even I know that if you are paid for a photo shoot by one of the major magazine publishers, you sign a release allowing those photos to be used as the buyer sees fit. For Sarah Palin to complain about her cover photo on Newsweek, she must not have read what she signed and be really naive, or she thinks we are all really too stupid to know that she gave her signed permission for her photo to be used in that manner. Either way, she is not smart enough to handle her own business, much less the country's.

November 18, 2009 at 4:05 am |
  10. Mitchell

It is interesting that the Associated Press assigned 11 (eleven) reporters to fact check Palin's autobiography, but not even one to fact check Obama's books. They must really fear her or they would not invest so much time and money trying to tear her down.

November 18, 2009 at 12:18 am |
  11. Kathleen B

I am pro-choice, but I was shocked when Palin said she had to talk about her pregnancy with Todd and and her doctor and come to a decision about continuing the pregnancy. Anyone who is really, really pro-life does not have to talk over anything. The decision is made beforehand and that is to have the baby no matter what. This woman does not have any real beliefs. It's what is convenient for her at the time.

November 17, 2009 at 10:20 pm |
  12. Carlyn

I understand these ladies wanting to hear Palin's thoughts on policy, but the interview was her book – her memoir. If only 13 pages cover policy (as the Republican lady said), I wouldn't expect that dominate conversation.

I personally think Palin is dumb because 1) she couldn't give Katie Couric the name of a single newspaper, magazine or book that she reads and 2) she couldn't tell a 3rd grader the CORRECT duties of the office of vice-president. If that's not substantive, I don't know what it is.

I agree with Melissa – Palin, like the Conservatives who believe she's smart and qualified, don't offer real solutions to our nation's problems or even decently constructed arguments to support their views. All they have is name-calling and fearmongering. After all, it's far easier to call Obama a tyrannical dictator than to explain why that "dictator" is allowing a legislative body comprised of several people who don't like him or his or politics to write his health care reform legislation, right? It's also easy to use terms like "socialist" as a pejorative without demonstrating competency of what it means or why it's bad.

November 17, 2009 at 8:20 pm |
  13. Leslie

November 17, 2009 at 7:47 pm |
  14. dave

Sarah I think would be most interesting if she dicussed what color unpants she wears. Her sex appeal is the only thing she has going for her. Politics is not her forte; she should probably go the route of a "right wing Oprah" and get a talk show. If she were ever elected to a national office she would have the World questioning our intelligence like when we reelected W- no I am not a Dem, but a Libertarian- new ticket for 2012 Ron Paul/Lou Dobbs

November 17, 2009 at 3:13 pm |
  15. Chuck Hendrix, Jasper Ga

Phil Keyes,, your as big a nut case as the idiot you think is qualified to "lead" this country. She is a quitter and has been proven to be out of touch with reality... just like you are.

November 17, 2009 at 1:12 pm |
  16. nancy

Palin's a loser. She's also a quitter. We sure do not need someone like that running for ANY office.

November 17, 2009 at 10:17 am |
  17. Melissa

I took offensive to the Conservative's comments about how her liberal friends have no substantive basis for why they don't like Palin.. ahh HELLO?!? For those of us who are informed Liberals,who don't like to mud sling or name call ( cough Becky ^cough), know the shallowness behind Palin and see right through her name calling and policy-less agenda. All Palin wants is media attention.. but the right kind. She is whats wrong with politics and the American public sees that. The media is not the problem so going around blaming the "media" is childlike and honestly makes you look like a fool. I am a female, feminist journalist who wants a strong woman to represent,but Palin is not one of them; because of her politics and not her party. I don't agree with her "abstinence only" policy in schools, since clearly her daughter is living proof it doesn't work. We don't know her views on lots of other issues because all she does is name call, blame the liberal media and say things like she has foreign policy experience because she can see Russia from her house. I think she is a tv personality and nothing more and if the Republican party ever wants to get back to its true form, it needs to have nothing to do with Palin. Obama showed he can move beyond normal politics, cross lines and be different... Conservatives needs to do the same. I vote not by party but by opinions, beliefs and ideas to solve problems.. if Palin was a true advocate, she would want to get her voice heard about the issues and not contradict herself almost every time she talks. Also, personally I don't like a quitter.. and no matter what she says.. Palin quit when it got rough.

Hows that for having substantive views on why I don't like Palin?!?

November 17, 2009 at 10:00 am |
  18. chris

Why is CNN, and other libral media so obsessed with Sara Palin.

Where is the outrage? Over 500 CHILDREN DEAD because of a H1N1 vaccine shoratge!

If this was George Bush tehre would be hell to pay.

Already more people died from H1N1 than from Hurricane Katrina that was blamed on Bush for not being ready for.

November 17, 2009 at 8:35 am |
  19. Becky

If your family was under assault by the liberal media and a hormone crazed little boy, if you're any kind of mother, you would quit to protect your family also. Why should I be surprised that the C-learly N-ot N-eutral station and its liberal cohorts would find her boring. It's just another chance to make a stab at a strong woman and strong mother. I would think you liberal women out there would have loved the fact that she was a strong woman. But no, you became her worst critics because you are big hypocrits!!!!!! You only like strong women when they fit your mold!! Oh you hypocrits and liars!!!!!!!

November 17, 2009 at 8:17 am |
  20. Roger Burk

I liked the make-up of your Palin review panel. Smart women holding (somewhat) different points of view politically. Your review panel gave low scores to Palin for too much style over substance, and said the interview was boring. I've only seen clips from the interview, and the ones I've seen were Palin answering Oprah's questions about Katie Couric, the McCain campaign and her stepson coming to Thanksgiving.

Did Oprah ask her any 'substantive' questions about energy policy, national defense or the economy? If so, please post those clips and Palin's responses. If not, maybe Oprah should have been the one tagged with 'too much style over substance'. After all, she was the one asking the questions.

Your panel seemed smart enough to pick that up, but it wasn't mentioned in the segment on Palin.

Par for the course. 😉

November 17, 2009 at 8:15 am |
  21. Xena

I would like to know how she can preach "family values" and have her own daughter get pregnant. Ya ya you cannot control everything your kid does... BUT... if you live in a glass house.... THEN, on the Winfrey show she said she had a "choice" when it comes to aborting her child? I guess she is not a true believer of her male-dominated religion. Otherwise, she would have said "I have no choice, its a child of god, and I must take care of it." Sounds like she speak with fork in tongue!!!!

November 17, 2009 at 8:13 am |
  22. Phil Kyees

These are light-headed women discussing trivia, not fact and substance. The far left fears Palin because she is a smart, strong female leader with every-day conservative values. As Governor of one of our most important states, Chair of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, Mayor, etc, Obama’s 2 year stint in the Senate, pales to hers. As a political strategist, she was able to prove that the candidate the Republicans had selected to run for Congress in upstate NY was a closet liberal and then vaulted a sharp, but unknown, accountant as the independent conservative candidate. In this divided race, her candidate came within less than 2000 votes of an upset! Her stance on healthcare, economic recovery, government bailouts, war on terror, energy independence, cuts through liberal and conservative ideals to provide answers that address the American people’s needs, not lining the pockets of congress or their constituents.

November 17, 2009 at 8:02 am |
  23. Sue

I haven't heard anyone say this obvious about Sarah Pallin. She QUIT being Alaska's Governor. JUST quit because she didn't like what was said about her family. I would NEVER want her to be in the White House or any Federal Government job. WHY? She would walk out. She loves being a Celebrity. She should stop worrying about a political future. She's so worried about her family and the problems therein and she quits to many things. She was an elected official promising to uphold the state of Alaska, part of these United States. Did she keep the promise to Alaska?

November 17, 2009 at 7:47 am |