Editor's Note: “Climate-gate” dominated feedback from Monday’s American Morning audience.
- Donald: The story about the emails from the climate change research people misses the most important question: Is it just a coincidence that right before the climate change conference hackers find suspicious emails regarding climate change? Obviously not. Who were the hackers? Why did they choose this target? Were they paid to do this? Who paid them? What percentage of the thousands of emails were incriminating? Exactly what manipulation of data is implied by the emails? The timing of this story is obviously designed to block action against climate change. So, when you cover this story, give equal time to the questions I just mentioned. If you don't then you are just doing a service to the ones who planned this.
- Edward: Climate Gate Story. Does the fact that there is "actually" no scientific equipment present, at the most prestigious scientific institute in the world on global climate change, set off any alarm bells?
- Judi: Boy it seems CNN is pushing the idea that global warming is bogus. You are pushing the Republican lies that this is not happening. We have fought this subject since the early 60's. Nut cases have caused this country to lag behind in going green instead of depending of oil. You are nuts for pushing this stupid idea. Science must put up the negative to prove the positive.
- Susan: Climate change – As far as people debating climate change; proof and evidence should bring an end to anything [where there] is unbelief. If not, those who continue on arguing over something that has factual evidence are ignorant and out for their own gain, no matter who it is or what field it is in. People love to go with their own personal theories and concepts instead of proof and evidence. You can refute proof, I don't care who it is.
- Lela: Kiran and John, don't tell me now CNN is going to join the ranks of the Republicans, especially Inholfe in trying to prove that Global warming is a trick or a myth. We know the major pollutants of global warming lies with big corporate. Car industry, oil and coal industry, among others. Not far from where I live is an Alcoa a plant, it would make you cringe if you knew the stuff coming out of that big smoke stack. Pcb along with other things. My husband retired from Alcoa and the things I have heard is unconscionable what Corporate will do to keep from paying money to fix the situation. It is possible most of the factories could fix what they omit, but it would cost a lot of money for them, and that would take away from the big boss's bonus. Kiran, we are smart. The ones of that have lived long enough know the difference in the climate than what it use to. I really started noticing something wasn't right in the 80"s. It seems as though republicans are so void of feels or other people's welfare but their own, plus some of Blue Dogs. Some people will sell their soul to the Devil for money and power, and the dire situation our country is in now , is never more apparent than what greed can do.
- Hubert: We know the earth is changing, We can slow it down a little. If we used windmills for electric and electric cars would help some. But the big money makers don't want that. They want to keep making money, The hell with their kids, MONEY is more important.
- Bruce: What is going on in your research department? There is massive suppression on climate data and deliberate corruption of that data by the CRU. Carbon levels in Gore's hockey stick went up ONE HUNDRED years before the temperatures did. Why didn't you call your guest on that? No wonder Rense and Whatreallyhappened are doing so well! Isn't the Copenhagen agreement unconstitutional? Also, your truthometer people should actually told the truth on skyrocketing energy costs from climate gate – tell them they are not fired.
Continue the conversation below.