American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
January 14th, 2010

Haiti earthquake resources

24/7 Stay Informed
cnn.com/haiti

How you can help
cnn.com/impact

Your stories and Images
ireport.com

Connect with CNN on twitter
#HaitiCNN

Filed under: American Morning
  1. Myriam Charles

I am looking for my sister , Ghislaine Charles, She has been in a Medical Center at Delmas 33. Rue Ferrie #2. The center's director name is Carol Cadet. the telephone number is 34458253 and 35131088

January 18, 2010 at 11:32 am |
  2. Erthel

There's a house in carrefour that has about 200 people staying there with no food and no drinks.....it's a big yard so the survivor are camping there its COTE PLAGE 22# 33....please HELP!!!
    Its my granma house she's helping over 200 people

January 17, 2010 at 6:04 pm |
  3. Juliette Francois

My two god sons were living in Haiti with their parents and I have just been informed that their parents have pasted away. Is there anyway I could have them sent to me in the US or can I come and get them?

January 17, 2010 at 5:18 pm |
  4. sara

It seems to be that org.like UN are first rescuing and giving med.care to their people, the same with some charities while some leave the country in the moment of greater need while the politicians talk and parade themselves and nothing gets to the needy, learn from the bolivians they were offering meals and the spanish, australians and brazilian digging people out while the US keeps on asking for more money but not too much work for the local poor and needy of med.care.
    There are orphanage collapsed with children under the rubble but no one with the means to get them out or to feed the ones left outside, it is not as usual going to 'control' the country

January 17, 2010 at 12:09 pm |
  5. MILOUNE

CNN I LOVE YOU GUYS, YOU`RE DOING A PRETTY GOOD JOB SPECIALLY ANDERSON ,I WISH I COULD SEND FLOWERS FOR YOU. PLEASE PRAY FOR MY COUNTRY WE ARE REALLY DESPERATE.
    MILOUNE FROM HAITI.
    BUT I AM IN KISSIMMEE NOW.

January 16, 2010 at 10:19 pm |
  6. Ed Shultz

Can you display a map where water is available in Port-au-Prince? I am a missionary that left just before the earthquake. I ahve some friends that are very weak and have had no water available for days. I hope they could send someone if I can text them a location.

I hope you can help.

God bless you,

Deacon Ed

January 16, 2010 at 9:35 pm |
  7. Ed Shultz

Can you display a map where water is available in Port-au-Prince? I am a missionary that left just before the earthquake. I ahve some friense tht are very weak and have had no water available. I hope they could send someone if I can text them a location.

i hoe you can help.

God bless you,

Deacon Ed

January 16, 2010 at 8:54 pm |
  8. joyce

Over and Over CNN showed a young boy sitting naked in a Haiti street. His knees drawn up to his chin. Where is this child and why didn't some CNN representative taking pictures provide aide to this child? Humanitarian services were evident throughout Cnn's photo shots except for this child – WHY?

January 16, 2010 at 8:34 am |
  9. Babeei

What happened to the MEDICAL SHIP the UNITED STATES was sending to Haiti????
    Dr. S. Gupta stated that they were told to pack up and leave the site. I somehow thought the military presence was there. This is the third day of the tragic, why are not there more organization?
    Where is the food and water? Are the people not getting the supplies. What is the problem? These people are in need of help! Please help them!!!! I am joining the American Red Cross as I did with Katrina!! I am also giving financially.

January 15, 2010 at 5:57 pm |
  10. Theresa

I have cried many tears over these last few days and although the devastion is heart breaking it is the answer to the question of Why here in such a needy place . Over and over as people are being pulled out , the prayers are what they say saved them. Asked how the little boy survived , alone in the dark by himself for the two days he was buried as he was, It was God she said. We think cruel , they think Thank you I am alive and truth be told there lives are going to change from this moment on for the better as my opinion is the world around them crumbles with having to point our finger at someone, even God. It's funny too in America in all speeches from all mediums, how often do you hear thanks to god for there fortunes.
    I pray with them.
    They are am amazing people.rea

January 15, 2010 at 11:06 am |
  11. JEAN W JEAN LOUIS

my name is jean jean louis MY father was hurt about 30 miles from port au-m prince . we have 3 school in gressier . my father was hurt when he was try to gelped student to get out of the school when the after math a part of school fell on his head . he's name is pastor jean Baptiste Jean louis. he his bad condition he got no help if u can help call me on my phone (701) 240-0958 or by email wjjeanlouis@yahoo.com

January 14, 2010 at 8:26 pm |
  12. sandra

How we can help out , I will like to help !!

January 14, 2010 at 7:48 pm |
  13. Edward Kenestrick

In re failing efforts to get supplies and equipment onshore – does the US military not have the capability of landing heavy equipment and large containers on beach fronts? Surely they have done so many times in the past for military purposes. Why not now in Haiti?

January 14, 2010 at 5:53 pm |
  14. Neil

At a time when Haiti needs every Doctor & nurse on this earth, why is your CNN's Doctor Gupta spending his time interviewing the President of the country & sending reports that any other CNN reporter can do ?
    Is this a time to make a name for himself reporting or bandaging a baby's head on camera that any nurse can do, or should he be in an operating room helping the real injured and the people in need for real medical help ?

January 14, 2010 at 5:05 pm |
  15. Helen

Are there people on the ground doing photographic documentation of the deceased? (With name & relevant info if possible).
    CNN is now reporting that there are now bodies being piled up and dumped.
    If not, who do I contact to get a volunteer few together to go down to begin this.
    I thought that this was a lesson we learned from the tsunami aftermath, to help the population to possibly identify the missing.

January 14, 2010 at 1:37 pm |
  16. Jen

First, I'd like to know why Haiti is in such a mess with no building codes to speak of and no emergency facilities set up for this kind of thing. It's a sad thing when disasters like these have to bring attention to the living conditions and lack of proper leadership of a people. Also, why hasn't the Haitian government been taking better care of it's people? My heart aches for the people of such a country as Haiti. Help is on the way, my friends.

January 14, 2010 at 10:02 am |
  17. Larry Iverson

Could the United Staes use drone aircraft to locate survivors in remote areas that need immediate attention and aid?

January 14, 2010 at 9:59 am |
  18. George Dehne

I watch CNN off and on about seven hours a day. (The advantage of having your own business) But, because of this, I have become a fan of CNN correspondents.

My question is this: How are they surving in Haiti? Do they have food, places to sleep, etc.

January 14, 2010 at 8:41 am |