American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
January 15th, 2010

Looking for loved ones in Haiti

A 7.0-magnitude earthquake struck Tuesday near Port-Au-Prince, Haiti, leaving thousands missing. Are you searching for a family member? Upload his or her photo on ireport.com.

For help finding loved ones in Haiti.
For help finding loved ones in Haiti.

Filed under: American Morning
  1. Yvette Dorval

A close friend of the Pierrot family have informed me that Edwin & Herve Pierrot are alive in Haiti. Thank you for your support and prayers in this difficult time. If you have any questions, you can reach me at 973-996-8122 or via email at dorvalnotary@gmail.com.

February 10, 2010 at 1:13 am |
  2. Bonnie Rodriguez

Hi, I am looking for my father. He has been traveling the carribean for the past 5 years.We last heard from him on Dec 31,09 that he arrived in Port au Prince and would be staying there in a hotel for 1 month. We have not heard from him since then. I dont know which hotel he was staying with his wife which is Honduran. If anyone could help me to conferm if he is alright are not i would really appreicate it.His name is David Ellis Price AKA David Lee EllisHe is caucasion american. I may be contacted at 954-369-7612 .My prayers are with all those that have suffered in this terrible tradgey.

January 22, 2010 at 7:52 pm |
  3. Beethova Buteau

Hello, I am looking for my mother Jacquiline Ballon and my sister Lovely. My father took me away from my mother when I was three years old. I grew up believing from him that my mother abandoned me. Since then I have Breifly seen them twice. My father refuses to give me any information that would allow me to get into contact with them. Since the birth of my daughter last year I have desperatly wanted to talk to them. The last area that I have known them to be living in is Carrefour. So if anyone have any information you can please call me at 561-306-8946 or 561-909-5469 I would really appreciate any information. Thank You.

January 21, 2010 at 12:02 pm |
  4. Yvette Dorval

I am looking for Edwin Pierrot, he lives in Port-Au-Prince. His brothers Herve and Ralph Pierrot are among the missing. Please let me know if you hear anything from them. My prayers are with them and with the people dealing with this devastation. You can contact Yvette Dorval at 973-996-8122 or via email at dorvalnotary@gmail.com
    Let's continue to pray and keep the hope! God Bless.

January 21, 2010 at 9:17 am |
  5. A.Chenoweth

It's time to look at sanitary conditions in Port au Prince. That is the new and ominous second phase of the catastrophe. Without running water, there cannot be any working sewage system, so that leaves the story no one will report yet. But the implications are serious–is the city becoming an outdoor latrine? The risk of cholera and other diseases is now in play–and it is high time for Gupta and CNN to focus on this second phase of the catastrophe–not to report on it AFTER it's happened but BEFORE it has, and help prevent it.

January 21, 2010 at 9:10 am |
  6. Evelyne Jean Francois

I've been looking for my little sister Evelyne Jean Francois since the heartquake. Please whoever knows if she is alive, let me know.
    Contact: 561-305-5381
    011-509-3453-3780
    email: nonsand@yahoo.fr

January 20, 2010 at 3:30 pm |
  7. Garry Lorcy

I am looking for some one in Haiti we used to communicate very often her phone does not work please help me locate Doctor Hermione Moise at: Pouplard Avenue, 4 Widmaier street Port-au-Prince Haiti.

Garry Lorcy
    781-910-0732

January 19, 2010 at 11:41 am |
  8. ronvan

The use of helicopters to deliver supplies can provide immediate help. However, you cannot just drop supplies and leave. We have already seen that those "people" that are strong, maybe armed, will just take whatever is dropped & then use it to gain power or make money! So, my answer would be to drop troops into an LZ prior to the supply drop, establish some control & organization to make sure ALL get something!
    And YES, have orders to "shoot to kill" those that would try to benefit from their OWN people's suffering!

January 19, 2010 at 6:26 am |
  9. Geraldine Jean-Louis

Thank you CNN for broadcasting the trajedy since Tuesday. You are our only line of communication.

January 18, 2010 at 2:48 pm |
  10. Geraldine Jean-Louis

I located my 85 year-old father and my sister but they need water and foods. My father suffers from diabetes and other medical complications and he is statrting to be dehydrated. Please send help to Rue Lamarre, Impasse Mouzin, next of Cine Capitol port- au prince

January 18, 2010 at 2:46 pm |
  11. Clark Justima Jocelyne

I am trying to locate Muriel Payen she is 29 year old she lives Nazon /Christ Roi. she just got maried and reside to this location a month ago

January 18, 2010 at 12:32 pm |
  12. Sorel brutus

Thank cnn for all you do for haitian i need help locate my 8 year old daugther leah brutus at delmas 31 rue magua munber 17. I knew she's alive her mother text me last friday they have no food no water please help me my phone 321 442 5330.

January 18, 2010 at 9:42 am |
  13. Gaetane Cadet

I'm trying to locate my little sister in Haiti, her name is Vanessa Cadet she' about 10 years old and her mom Vanite Moise, they lives in Delmas 30. Please I just want to know if they are alright.

January 18, 2010 at 8:56 am |
  14. Rev.Dale Worley

I need help in finding Pastor Jean Baptiste Jean Louis HIsl address was Santo 12 Rte Croix desbouquets, Impasse Jean Baptiste #8 bis a lint. He is over three schools that takes care of around 1600 children. If youl can find any information please e-mail me.

Thanks

January 17, 2010 at 11:39 pm |
  15. Edwidge Pierre-Louis

ihave a terrible pain in my heart to see how my people in haiti died like animals, i refuse to beleive that i'm not dreaming , and i'm also proud and greatful of america by helping those people, actually it's killing me inside to know how my family,my friends and other people are suffering down there with out food, drinks,clothes,. god bless America for your help.. .

January 17, 2010 at 8:11 pm |
  16. Edwidge Pierre-Louis

i'm trying to locate my only brother Mario Lolo that i love so much he lived @carrefour, please if someone know him tell him to call me to let me know that he is Ok and his family. Thank you.

January 17, 2010 at 7:42 pm |
  17. DAVID LOCKHART

i am looking for my wife , mrs dieunoula souverain lockhart,st-michel-de-l' attalaye hti 15 june ,82,this month make four month's ,,off mariage, i talk to her on monday ,one day before the 7-9-magnitude earth guake ; i will sent a mariage photo's to you'll we call her jerry cell number 01150936046437, and my cell number 1-242-454-8429 ,in nassau bahamas , thank you , cnn you;ll are the best new 's station the world ,

January 17, 2010 at 3:47 pm |
  18. GINA THAMES

I AM LOOKING FOR A WOMAN BY THE NAME OF ERMITTE ETIENNE
    SHE IS THE MOTHER OF MY FRIEND , SHE IS ABOUT 80 SOMTHING MY FRIEND NAME IS JEAN MAX ........SO IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING PLEASE EMAIL ME @ FIRSTPLEASE1@YAHOO.COM , AGAIN HER NAME IS ERMITTE ETIENNE .............THANK YOU

January 16, 2010 at 11:52 am |
  19. Linda Garner

I am looking for Fabiola Combette, who lived at Delmas64-8, Petion-ville, ht 6140 in Haiti.. If anyone, have information, about Fabiola, and her children, Evrik and a new born), Please let me know.

January 15, 2010 at 2:08 pm |
  20. Linda Garner

why can they dr op emergency supplies, into certain hard to get to areas, where are the tents, put up some emergency housing for these people to sleep at night, get some blankets and sanitary napkin, to the females, that need to have these supplies, ASAP. Let put up the tents, in the park areas, so at least they could have a place to sleep, while things are being set up. lets get areas up for people to go and eat, and get warm blankets and pampers for the children. The money is pouring in, WHERE AND WHEN, will it get to the people. You are doing a good job, but we can do better and faster! As you know, time is of essence.

January 15, 2010 at 1:56 pm |
  21. Elaina Meade

Tyring to locate niece and her mom. Wendy Nason and Mirlene. Wendy is about 14 or 15 now and I think Mirlene is about 39. Don't know the exact name of the city in Haiti. Please see if you can locate them them.

January 15, 2010 at 11:24 am |
  22. Jim

Ms. Coleman... with all due respect, there are over 9 million people there. Not all could possibly be handed supplies one at a time.

What I don't understand, is why are we not just dropping in basic supplies (food, water, etc.) to different areas of the country until an organized effort to give substainsiated help is formed?

These people need help NOW! They don't need to get in line.

January 15, 2010 at 9:22 am |
  23. Sandra Biggs

come on guys, give us some fresh reporting, all you're doing right now is showing scenes over and over again and while impressive it is not new news, need to get with these other countires/outfits, want to see the food and water and a plan, heavy equipment, find these poor people and give them hope...anderson is right stupid treatment that cannot be really very effective...come on, get into today';s story, please!!!!

January 15, 2010 at 8:56 am |
  24. Luvenia C. Coleman

CNN is doing a fantastic job reporting on Haiti.

I have an idea. Since it difficult to use the roads, why not galvalnize citizens to come to the airport and get supplies, with the help of the military, and take them to the people. This is something that could be explored. I have seen people helping each other because they don't expect the government to help them. I don't know if anybody has discussed this, but this could be part of the solution. It certainly couldn't hurt. Every minute counts.

Thank you for your excellent reporting. This is why CNN is #1 in the world!

January 15, 2010 at 8:05 am |