American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
March 31st, 2010

Obama's off-shore oil drilling plans

(CNN) – President Obama will unveil plans today to expand oil and natural gas drilling off the Atlantic coastline and in the Gulf of Mexico.

The proposal calls for new off-shore drilling from the tip of Delaware to the central Florida coast. Our Suzanne Malveaux has the report on the controversial proposal.

Filed under: Energy
  1. bazzah

You can't hear it, but I'm clapping. Good work Obama. Although I wish Palin wouldn't dumb it down and make it catchy...just my two cents.

April 7, 2010 at 12:22 am |
  2. JB

The Republican plan was drill baby drill, but with the Obama proposal, it is don't drill baby, don't drill.

April 1, 2010 at 9:00 am |
  3. Larry

Hooray for the President. This should have been done years ago.

We send $500 billion/year overseas to import oil and it's destroying our economy.

April 1, 2010 at 6:00 am |
  4. Mitchell

Somehow some way Obama will make sure that america is the loser no matter what happens with this.

March 31, 2010 at 3:59 pm |
  5. Justin

I think the government should drill and "all profits" should go to consumer savings in green cars. I feel congress and senate should be forced to pass a law that if this money is not used properly all involved should be charged with fraud and treason and put to death (even if they are government officials). I feel that there is too much corruption and abuse is the legislative and judicial system along with quite a bit in the executive too and new laws, laws for the Americans by the Americans should be passed to stop this corruption. All those who disobey these laws in the government should be tried for treason, and be sentenced to life or death in prison, even if they are government officials. Government officials and positions were founded in our constitution to serve the people of the United States, and all our problems are stemmed from government corruption and abuse. Like they say, who montiors the monitors? They say well vote for someone else. How can one to change corruption and abuse across the whole system, when the whole system must be fixed? This country is a disgrace, and our government has left Americans down again and again. What happend to For the People By the People?

March 31, 2010 at 2:36 pm |
  6. joyce

I love my beach and I don't want my grandchildren and wildlife swimming in oil. Don't tell me it is safe. If it is safe, put it in your backyard not mine. Accidents happen all the time. Let's use our time and money on windmills and new energy ideas. Out with the old, in with the new.

March 31, 2010 at 11:13 am |
  7. Justin Lloyd McKay

Off-shore drilling...bad idea...only a short term fix.
    Although I feel that politicians will do what they want regardless of what the people say, please do not continue further with this off-shore drilling.

March 31, 2010 at 9:27 am |
  8. chris

I wonder how many back door deals are in the works for this round.

March 31, 2010 at 8:42 am |