American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
April 14th, 2010

God 'led me directly' to girl lost in swamp, Florida rescuer says

(CNN) – The man who rescued an 11-year-old girl lost in a dense Florida swamp said Wednesday that God led him directly to her, and that finding her was no surprise.

James King said he set out on his own to look for Nadia Bloom on Tuesday, trusting that he was going in the right direction even when that meant through water or dense brush.

"I was expecting to hear her voice," King told CNN's American Morning. "So I'm yelling, 'Nadia!' and at one point, I yell, 'Nadia!' and I hear 'What?' And I said that way - right there."

Read more: Voice from swamp: 'I'm the girl who got lost'

Filed under: U.S.
  1. Glorie

It is not that God picks favorites, because God is no respector of persons which means He does not have favorites. He just answers those who call on him. Jeremiah 33verse 3 if you call on me I will answer you and show you great and unsearchable things you do not know." Its a promise but it is conditional it will only happen if you call first. This is exactly what the man did he called on God and he answered him.

To God be the glory

April 27, 2010 at 4:19 pm |
  2. Davyn

I think this just an awesome testimony.... Praise GOD!!

April 23, 2010 at 7:24 pm |
  3. fritz

Tay , you sound very smart on your comment! Good, but who do serve? because it's eigther money or knowledge. To say that "The very idea that your invisible friend helped you find someone, or your invisible friend saved your life, I'm sorry". Well you better be sorry now! bcuz it will be too late when you stand in front of white throne. it'll be really good for you sir to start looking arround you daily and see all the proofs you need not to cover your lack of understanding, but to praise your creator for His doings.

It is way easier to hear God then the tic tac of your watch. Do yourselves a favor Aaron and Tay and tell God that you'd like to hear His voice. It won't be disturbing to you anymore but amazing.
    To God be the glory who revealed Himself to His servant.

April 20, 2010 at 10:04 am |
  4. Ellen

Renoria, I agree with you. Let us focus on the joy of one who was found.

April 19, 2010 at 11:10 pm |
  5. Ellen

I would rather be thankful Nadia was found.

As for belief in God I would rather belive and risk being wrong than not believe and be wrong.

April 19, 2010 at 11:06 pm |
  6. vicki

Aaron, Of course God led him. HE PRAYED AND ASKED FOR HELP. Most people do not have that faith to know He will help and ac on it; others pray when they need something but are not believers and God doesn't have relationship with them. I have had 2 major miracles in my life and have seen many miracles like this but I believe and know Jesus and He is real. I humbly ask you to check out God and see for yourself!!

April 19, 2010 at 7:27 pm |
  7. Renoira

It is a great story! We can not always know the answers, but the story is a fantastic one! I don't know why others find it necessary to prove or disprove HIS story. It is his story and he is free to tell it as he sees it. I enjoyed hearing a story with a happy ending for a change. It gave me hope.

April 18, 2010 at 7:27 pm |
  8. Danielle in England

Thank God that there are people who still wait and listen to what the Holy Spirit wants to do through their lives! The bible tells us that He looks for those of us who will seek Him with all their heart and will reveal not only mysteries of life but even a practical location of a missing girl! Aaron, God/Christ does not have favorites, He's just too much of a gentleman to force himself on any person who is too closed to recieve Him. Try listening and seeking and you'll be amazed at what you find!

Way to Mr. King!

April 18, 2010 at 4:13 pm |
  9. Linda

Praise God for Nadia's safe rescue!
    And praise God for folks like James King who was instrumental in her rescue because he listened to God.

I understand that there are those who are skeptical of Mr. King's claim that "God will speak to us if we will listen." Yet ironically if he had claimed to be clairvoyant or gifted with ESP instead, probably those same people would have not have been so offended.

The constitution guarantees freedom of religion, so Mr. King is totally within his rights to act on his faith. If he prays for wisdom to be able to help a lost child, when his God answers his prayer, we should rejoice, rather than being critical.

April 18, 2010 at 1:22 pm |
  10. Amanda

I find it odd that he knew exactly where she was, it makes me wonder... Don't get me wrong, it's great he found her.. But again.. it seems like he may be involved in some way with her disappearance in the first place. Maybe not..

April 18, 2010 at 12:49 pm |
  11. Margo

Aaron, Maybe God just picks the ones that choose to listen. Mr. King makes a point of turning off the world's noise and tuning in to the Lord. He might just have a better chance of hearing that still small voice.

April 18, 2010 at 9:50 am |
  12. Charles

The world has many champions the defy the true and living God, but it is nice to see true champions of God give Him the praise that is due Him.. Let's bring out more champians like James...

April 18, 2010 at 1:19 am |
  13. Regan

I am sorry Aaron, you don't beleive in the wonderful and amazing God , the father of creation. I pray through the miracles of life you will eventually one day see and accept the workings of God. He loves His creation, people and children. We don't know why such suffering happens in this sinful and fallen world...But what I do know is that He loves us and through the pain and suffering of this world, HIS plan will prevail...and one day those who believe, will be with HIM in eternity, where there is no pain, suffering or loss. May God Bless you Aaron, and may you see God in the small and big mysteries of life..

April 17, 2010 at 9:43 pm |
  14. Tay

I love how some people say, 'everything happens for a reason' and think that just relieves them from using 'reason/logic' in assessing a situation because it's such a sweet, pretty thing to say in the absence of any proof whatsoever.

The very idea that your invisible friend helped you find someone, or your invisible friend saved your life, I'm sorry, it just vexes the heck out of me how a seemingly educated grown-up can still think such things when they'd admonish their child for saying "My imaginary friend told me to do it!" Talk about double standards, and how ugly is it to say that your God picks and chooses one human life over another and then try to polish that into a more acceptable statement by claiming 'God works in mysterious ways." Again, you are faced with an absence of proof and turn to cliche' to cover your lack of understanding.

Disturbing...

April 16, 2010 at 9:45 am |
  15. Jef

why did God wait so long?

April 16, 2010 at 9:31 am |
  16. Brian

A modern day miracle our creator Christ Jesus is still performing astonishing feats! Is there anything too hard for god ? May he continue bless the believers of Florida, america, and the world !!

April 16, 2010 at 1:18 am |
  17. Jordan

Of course this is a true story and God did directly lead him. Most of us are lead by our own desire to be self sufficient or follow the worldly desires. However, there are always some who devote themselves to be God's deciple. I'm sure that it is easier for people to attack God and his people than to learn to know the things of the Spirit.

April 16, 2010 at 12:16 am |
  18. People need more hope

We ask for miracles and when see them we call it a "mental defect?" How sad for people who are so blinded they can even see God at work in this! So very sad.

April 15, 2010 at 11:45 pm |
  19. Pat

Mr. Kings' spirit was a good one! His comments were that of a good man and help came in asking God for help. He is welcome anytime in my household.! Your Christian Mormon friend in Utah.

April 15, 2010 at 7:44 pm |
  20. Beth

To Mitchell: What a pity. You can't look at yourself in the mirror who has mental defect between you and the man who rescured the kid. If you are an Atheist then so be it... don't yell for rescue when you are grinding you teeth and asking Jesus Christ to save you when the world ends!! BTW, you do not type or write the name of Jesus Christ in small letter. The first letter
    should be typed in CAPITAL!!! Understood?

April 15, 2010 at 7:21 pm |
  21. Beth

To Aaron: The reason why other's can't find other victims aalive not rescued is because the people who don't have trust and does not have faith belong to the world which is ruled by satan like you!!!!! I fervently pray right now that the Holy Spirit shall touch your rotten mind and save you from hell.

April 15, 2010 at 7:13 pm |
  22. Britany

Dear Aaron, God does lead those who truly listen and are able to hear Him. I think in some instances with missing people, perhaps no one asked for His help, or they weren't able to hear Him fully, or for some other reason God can't answer that prayer at that time. God is all powerful but we all still have our agency. He will not force us to do anything. Even though He CAN, He WON'T. So if circumstances don't allow Him to do something then He won't.
    Mitchell, believing in God does not mean you are mentally defective. Please don't judge a person just because you don't agree with him. We are all allowed our differences of beliefs and opinions.

April 15, 2010 at 3:13 pm |
  23. Lloyd

God has revealed Himself through James King and this little girl. Some will believe and some will not, but James King believes God lead him to her and I'm sure Nadia does too. Too bad more people wouldn't listen to the voice of God.....HE IS REAL. Praise The Lord!!!

April 15, 2010 at 2:39 pm |
  24. Argee

On Mitchell's Comment he is 100% correct anyone who has the slightest understanding in Christ would never follow Politics Period.

April 15, 2010 at 1:18 pm |
  25. Ann

This is one of the most beautiful stories I've heard in a long time. What a testimony this man has, and I actually have to commend the interviewers for allowing him to tell his story and not trying to make him out to be a nut case.

April 15, 2010 at 11:47 am |
  26. John316

I think it's great the girl was found....but I wonder what were God's words in detail that led to her rescue. Was it in "lattitude – longitude" terms....or more....take a left by the old cypress tree.....having seen this guy on tv, I'm just curious......

April 15, 2010 at 11:37 am |
  27. Adrian

Aaron thinks that because GOD doesn't save everybody, then GOD doesn't exist, or doesn't care. The fact is that GOD respects our freewill, and doesn't force use to seek for him. He will answer those who have faith in him, and pray. Answer is not always positive, because we can't manipulate or tell GOD everything to do, after all GOD also has his own will. It's like a father, sometimes we let our children suffer the consequences of incorrect actions, so that they may learn a lesson. Other times we may intervene and rescue them before they suffer.It's funny, if the rescuer said anything besides his faith in Christ, then nobody would say nothing negative. He is criticized only because he is a Christian. Good for him, the Bible says "rejoice when you suffer and are persecuted because of me".

April 15, 2010 at 9:58 am |
  28. Jody

Aaron, as a person who has faith, I believe with all my heart God did lead this man, who prayed continuosly as he wandered into the swamp to find Nadia. Why so skeptic and bitter? You say you don't "mean to belittle a person's beliefs" but then you go right on and say why doesn't God help find all missing kids, oh, because he picks favorites.... c'mon gimme a break! There are miracles that happen and because somebody praises God for them then there are people like you who have to balk about God not helping everyone. Why can't you just be happy and relieved that this missing girl was found alive and the rescuer, who had so much faith and even risked his own life, to find her. Would you have done such a heroic job? I didn't think so.

April 15, 2010 at 9:42 am |
  29. Mitchell

CNN the guy that found the girl actually believes in christ. He can't be politically correct. You need to do a show and expose his mental defect.

April 15, 2010 at 8:47 am |
  30. Vicky in Michigan

What a great story! I know from Aaaron's comment...a lot of people may think that way. Everything happens for a reason, even those horrible events that we ask "WHY why did this happen." My heart goes out to those families that have lost a loved one, especially the children that have gone missing or have been killed--it is horrible and senseless. This however turned out to be an amazing event, god works in mysterious ways....

April 15, 2010 at 8:39 am |
  31. ronvan

With all the negative news we get on a daily basis, it is always refreshing to hear a good one. And this one was great!

April 15, 2010 at 8:00 am |
  32. Aaron

I think it's great that Mr. King found this missing little girl, and that she is okay. However, to say that "god led you to her," is complete nonsense. I don't mean to belittle a person's beliefs, but there turn on the news. Little girls go missing all the time, and in most cases are never found or if they are found they're dead. Why isn't God leading anybody to them???? I guess he believes that God picks favorites.

April 14, 2010 at 2:29 pm |