American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
July 7th, 2011

Question of the Day: What should happen to Casey Anthony now?

(CNN) - Casey Anthony is due in court today for a sentencing hearing on four misdemeanor counts of lying to police regarding a missing person case - the only charges she was convicted of during her seven-week long murder trial.

Many legal experts believe Anthony will be freed on time-served because she has already been jailed for about three years.

However, whether or not she goes free, the saga of the 25-year-old Orlando woman acquitted of killing her 2-year-old daughter is far from over.

Jennifer Ford, Casey Anthony trial juror No. 3, talked with ABC news yesterday about the verdict. "I did not say she was innocent," said Ford. "I just said there was not enough evidence."

American Morning wants to know: What should happen to Casey now?

Post your response here. Your answer could be included in this morning's broadcast.

Filed under: AM Asks
  1. Linda Muniz

I hope that the jury will sleep well. I think that the guy that had to get on the cruise rushed everyone. My sister was so sure that she would be facing the 4 walls in jail , but I told her that I had a very strong feeling that she would be found NOT GUILTY, and that she was going to walk. My regret is that I did not place a bet, as I would have been rich today.

July 7, 2011 at 4:41 pm |
  2. Linda Muniz

I hope that the jury will sleep well. I think that the guy that had to get on the cruise rushed everyone. I just hope that if and when she writes a book, it will happen like her new killer boyfriend OJ, that no one buys it. My sister was so sure that she would be facing the 4 walls in jail , but I told her that I had a very strong feeling that she would be found NOT GUILTY, and that she was going to walk. My regret is that I did not place a bet, as I would have been rich today.

July 7, 2011 at 4:39 pm |
  3. Vatsal Vaidya

Whether it was a cold blooded murder, deliberate negligence or a careless mistake, one thing is very clear and that is all this was about her responsibility in taking care of her child. So as per my opinion the court and jury should ask her to adopt a girl child and bring her up as her own daughter. This would be a just way of both punishment and penitence so that she still has to bear the responsibility.

July 7, 2011 at 3:23 pm |
  4. M Fox

I do believe the Jury made the RIght Decision based on the evidence. The prosecution did not prove that she killed Caylee and they didn't prove that she died from Homicide. I do believe she did it. I do believe she did it to have her life to herself and not have a child to take care of. I do believe her parents would have taken Caylee and raised her, but I believe she was way too selfish to allow them to have her. If and when she attempts to make any money from her daughters death, everyone should boycott her attempts and not allow her to profit from it. Make her live in the world she created for herself. I have sympathy for her mother, father and brother only, while they may be disfunctional as a family she is absolutely responsible for her actions.

July 7, 2011 at 1:21 pm |
  5. Angie Bobo

She should be charged with everything they can legally charge her with, including neglect & endangerment both up until she dissappeared and at least 31 counts for each day she was missing & it was not reported. Everyone keeps saying she can't be charged but that is not true. She can't be charged for the death itself, but there are plenty of laws she blatently violated that occured both before and after Caylee dissappeared. Someone needs to do the right thing and quit trying to save face. File charges. I bet there are many that I don't even know about in Code books somewhere.,

July 7, 2011 at 11:14 am |
  6. Joseph Mori

While I agree with the Jury's decision to acquit due to lack of evidence even though I believe she did it, they should pursue any other legal actions against her for lying. While she is getting away with murder, at least let her life not be one big party. And we, the people, should boycott any books, interviews or any other money making endeavor she embarks in. We should not reward her for murder.

July 7, 2011 at 6:12 am |