American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
July 28th, 2011
02:33 PM ET

AM EXCLUSIVE: New video shows aftermath of Oslo massacre

From CNN's THIS JUST IN BLOG – Police are preparing to interview Anders Behring Breivik, the suspect in last week's terror attacks, for a second time Friday, Oslo police chief Johan Fredriksen said Thursday.

Breivik, who is being kept in solitary confinement at Ila Prison, near Oslo, was last interviewed Saturday, a day after a bomb blast outside government buildings in the Norwegian capital and a mass shooting on the island of Utoya claimed at least 77 lives.

Police attorney Pal-Frederick Hjort Kraby said police had since gained a considerable amount of new information and were ready to question Breivik again at police headquarters. He is likely to face more interrogations in the coming weeks.

Meanwhile, the search for more victims of Friday's shooting rampage on Utoya island has ended, Police Chief Johan Fredriksen said Thursday.

In addition, this morning we're getting a fresh angle on the massacre, with a video from a local man who was near the government buildings just moments after the bomb detonated on Saturday.

CNN's Ali Velshi and Kiran Chetry talk with Johan Christian Tandberg about his video and about what he saw.


Filed under: Oslo massacre
soundoff (No Responses)

Comments are closed.