Here's what you need to know to start your day. This morning, we're monitoring:
* Amanda Knox should be back on U.S. soil today. The freed student had her murder conviction overturned in an Italian court yesterday.
* Chris christie is expected to announce whether he's running for president in the next 48 hours.
* New e-mails suggest White House officials were worried about the energy company Solyndra - even before the company received a $535 million dollar loan last year.
* Black smoke pouring from a Texas chemical plant. The EPA is heading to the area outside Dallas today to check for toxic vapors.
* ESPN yanked the famous Monday night football open, featuring Hank Williams Jr., after the singer compared President Obama to Hitler yesterday. Williams saying his comments were misunderstood.
* The White House turned into the pink house last night. The colored lights are an annual tradition started by President George W. Bush three years ago in honor of breast cancer awareness month.
Tune in to American Morning every morning for the most news in the morning at 6am Eastern.