Here’s your daily recap of the best feedback we got from YOU on the blog, Facebook, Twitter, Email. Continue the conversation below. And remember, keep it brief, and keep it clean. Thanks!
American Morning viewers were focused on the drug legalization story that featured Harvard economist Jeffrey Miron. Most were in favor of legalization, with stipulations attached.
- Sandra – “I don't know about legalizing Heroin but it sure makes a ton of sense to legalize marijuana. That alone would devastate the Mexican Cartels or, at least, put a good dent in their system.”
Those who opposed the idea were vehement in their rejection.
- No name – “Your guy has got to be out of his mind!!! I have a sibling who is addicted to alcohol and is now in an assisted living home as she has alcohol induced dementia as a result of drinking too much and adding across the counter medications to the mix!! She is a ward of the state. Great idea…legalize everything! What an Idiot!!!”
What’s your opinion of drug legalization? Do you think it will help solve the financial crisis? Do you think it’s similar to prohibition of alcohol in the 1920s? Share your thoughts with us.
- Fred Robinson – Kiran: The President must stick by his secretary. Tim’s plan is very good, and he is doing an outstanding job. The President is focused, and eventually the problems will dissolve. The guy is a cool dude. Rock on.
- Cowboy – It seems that there would have to be a better way,than to legalize all drugs. If perhaps most of our millatary wasn’t envolved in the two wars, why not use them to patroll the boarders? if we can win wars abroad with the millatary why couldn’t we win the war on drugs here? thanks for listening. have a wonderfull day!!
- Terry – Geithner….he covertly authorized Chris Dodd to insert the authorization of the AIG bonuses in the 1st Trillion Dollar Pork Package…..he printed a trillion last week…Obama signed the Omnibus with 8,500 Pork Packages….Another trillion to the Toxic Assets….Trillions to the Budget next week that Pelosi doesn’t want anybody to talk about…just vote. And someone is talking about Geithner is doing a good job….hello American Taxpayers.
- Michael Sean O'Brien – Can you please tell us more about the terrible plane crash in Butte, Montana that killed 14 people, including 7 children ?
- Phoenix Racine – Wouldn't it make more sense to allow these renters to stay in these homes? They lost the payments from the owner so if they allow the renters to stay while paying the bank the rent, they will not lose so much on the forclosed home in a market that most people are not buying in right now?
- LolaGirlie@amFIX – This "plan" is nothing but another band aid. What happens in another 10 yrs when it all falls down again? how many patch jobs?
- yayfrogs@amFIX – Legalize stuff that isn't addictive, such as pot. It's naïve to think legalized crack won't become a problem.
- dennismasciotra@amFIX – what about new/improved job creation tax credits, would that not help the economy as well? (without benefitting the ultra-rich...)
- nikmatt@amFIX – Marijuana legalization needs to be taken more seriously. Straight scientific talk would be a godsend if anyone would take that jump.