Here’s your daily recap of the best feedback we got from YOU today. Continue the conversation below. And remember, keep it brief, and keep it clean. Thanks!
On Tuesday, AM viewers voiced their enthusiastic approval of marijuana legalization. The few dissenters lobbied fervently against such change:
- David: The best thing would be to legalize pot. It takes it out of the hands of the drug lords that deal the harmful drugs like Heroin, Cocaine and meth. Plus it can be taxed and that is fair. Nobody has EVER overdosed on pot! Anyone that disagrees with this is ignorant of the issue. You statement that pot is a big part of the Mexican drug trade is untrue. Most is grown in the USA or B.C. now.
- Berotte813: I am truly angry that anchors would even mentioned to legalized drugs. Legalizing would be chaos. If Kiran Chetry for example is under the drug influence, do you think she would be able to deliver the news properly? She propably would hallucinate about the camera man being a bear or a snake. In short, people with influence of drugs are fatal for the society. People at work would be like zombies, talking, walking, flying, and killing people is just going to be normal. NO!! is my answer.
What’s your take on the argument in favor of drug legalization? Is it the best way to solve our deficit issues and get farmers working again? Do you believe that law enforcement officials want to keep drugs illegal to provide “job security” for themselves? Are you in agreement with the second viewer above who worries that people will be come “zombies”?
The segment on the supposed rift between President Obama and Vice-President Biden was angriy received by viewers:
- Sharon: Unbelievable. You manufactured a whole segment on the vice president of the United States based on an SNL skit and a comment/lie made by right wing buffoon Karl Rove. The News You Can Trust. Riiigghhttttttt. No wonder your ratings are in the toilet.
- Nels: What was the point of your segment that there is a rift between Biden and Obama? There was not even close to being any evidence presented of it. You might as well instead have included a segment of Joe Biden robbing a bank. You would have had as much evidence. And how could you include a segment of Karl Rove accusing Biden of being a liar without including a disclaimer of Karl Rove's own problems of telling the truth. You do recall that he had to go to a grand jury 5 times to get his story straight, dont you? How do you expect us to take CNN seriously when you put out rumours as facts?
How did you feel about the segment regarding the “rift” between President Obama and VP Biden? Do you believe such an issue exists or are you in agreement with the viewers above that the problem is “manufactured” by the media or right wing conservatives?
Lastly, the segment on other countries’ tax structures was blasted by the audience:
- Jay: Come on Am Morning You guys can do better than this can't you? Most of the countries that you listed that pay higher taxes provide a lot more services or better said, The people from those countries get more for their buck than We do. From the World class Free Colleges to health care, vacations, pensions, retirement All kind of services for their buck. And note that these countries are healther, smarter, and more productive, than Americans are. I mean, tell the whole store if you are going to tell the story, or is that too much truth reporting for CNN?
Do you feel Americans pay too much in taxes for the services we receive? Is the tax stucture in our country unfair? Would you be willing to pay substantially more in taxes if you could be certain of receiving such services as free college and health care?