Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
April 15th, 2009
06:12 AM ET
- Breaking News: Pirates attack another U.S.-flagged cargo ship off Somalia. They fired rocket propelled grenades this time, but didn’t get on board. A sailor e-mailed home during the bombardment. The U.S.S. Bainbridge came to the rescue, amazingly, with Captain Rich Phillips of the rescued Alabama still on board.
- Your Taxes: The Real Deal: It’s April 15th and anti-tax demonstrators are organizing “tea parties” across the country to protest bank bailouts and government spending. Also today we’re looking at why taxes go up. Don’t blame the “tax man.” The IRS only takes-takes-takes. It’s Congress that writes the laws that make up 16,000 pages of tax code in this country… and some of the people who WRITE IT can’t even seem to follow it. We thought you'd like to know who pays what.
- Drug Nation: With the president heading to Mexico tomorrow, we’re taking a serious look at how America’s demand for drugs is funding a bloody, ruthless war south of the border. Today, how they get in. Drugs on one side of the border, dealers with deep pockets and addicted Americans on the other and people will die so they get paid. We'll also ask Congressman Ron Paul why we should legalize pot.
- Glimmers of Hope: President Obama again takes an optimistic tone as he talks about where we stand financially. He wants to go from an era of “borrow and spend to save and invest.”
- Is that realistic? Do you agree with him? Let us know at 877-MY-AM-FIX.
- And – Bromance: The new buzzword. We all have the arm-around-the-guy-guy friend. Now he’s cool?? Thanks Hollywood!