Here’s your daily recap of the best feedback we got from YOU today. Continue the conversation below. And remember, keep it brief, and keep it clean. Thanks!
Perez Hilton’s rant against Miss California captured the spotlight on American Morning. Most felt Miss California was justified for standing up for her beliefs. Others felt the presentation of Mr. Hilton was biased.
- Marilyn: At some point in time people have to stand up for what they believe. I give Miss California all the credit that her accuser does not give her. Just because he believes what he believes does not make it right. It actually show he does not read the Bible, she does and I stand up right next to her and Thank her for standing up for what she was taught. I am so surprised that Mr. Trump hired someone like he did to be a Judge with such a small mind. YOU GO GIRL.
- Linda: You Go Girl! You are what our Country needs. A strong role model who stands up for his/her beliefs with beauty, grace, and kindness. God bless you!
- Decobray: Your report on the Perez Hilton/Miss California this morning turned my stomach. The obvious bias you put in the report... the evil gay against the poor christian woman is worthy of a Fox News story, not CNN. The woman told Mr. Hilton he was a second class citizen of the US on national television, but when he calls her a dumb b**** on his website, you liken him to a cyberstalker that killed a woman. Tabloid television at its finest. Between the right-wing, Obama-bashing slant you people have shown lately, and the fact that Fox News is actually more vile than your reporting, leaves me with no one to turn to for unbiased news. Thanks a lot.
- Mrs. Lou: Miss California probably belongs to one of the Southern Baptist Convention churches who have used our TVs and radio's for the last 25 years to dehumanize gay people and trash women. As you know, these churches have used the same tactics that Hitler used when he ranted against liberals, Jews, abortion, gays and other undesirables. Hitler rounded then up and sent them to concentration camps and gas chambers. These radical so-called Christian groups are no better then Hitler.
Who do you believe was correct in this argument, Miss California for standing up for her beliefs, or Mr. Hilton, for demanding his rights as a citizen of the United States? Tell us your side of the story.
The Craigslist killer was categorized as a “predator,” and “predators…will continue to adapt whatever comes along into whatever works best for them to snare their prey.” Others blamed the internet site, demanding that Craigslist remove the “erotic services” section.
- Linda: Your interviewers comment about Craigslist being 'a conduit for predators' is a bit over the top. It's the same as saying that bars, cheap motels, the internet, vans, or any automobile in general, are 'conduits' for predators. Predators were around long before these tools of modern life, and they will continue to adapt whatever comes along into whatever works best for them to snare their prey.
- Amanda: Craigslist disgusts me because they let the ‘erotic services' category go on. I don't understand how it's legal or why they would even create it! It's despicable (not to mention DANGEROUS!), has lead to one girl's death and probably ruined quite a few lives/relationships in the process. I think they should be required to get rid of that section of their website.
Which viewer’s argument was stronger? Will predators always be around, as viewer one contends, or was the murder of the young woman a result of the “erotic section” on Craigslist, as viewer two believes? How do you feel about web sites offers such sections? Are there enough protections for the users and the underaged who access the internet? Should the government require more restrictions? Give us your thoughts.
Obama First 100 Days – Comment on CNN’s “Obameter”
- Smartguy7652: Come on CNN! What are you doing?? I am almost 50 years old and I have NEVER witnessed, in my adult lifetime, any president move as fast as Obama. I feel your report was intended to make the listener believe Obama has done a poor job in keeping his promises. For Obama to keep 100 promises in 3 months is pretty darn good. It has been 3 months, not 3 years! BE FAIR!
- As we approach President Obama’s First 100 Days in office, what do you think of his performance so far? Is the media being too critical of or too easy on Mr. Obama? What issues do you care about most? Have they been addressed by the current administration? Where could President Obama improve? Let us know your opinion.