On Wednesday, American Morning viewers angrily responded to the White House decision to keep the New York flyover photos “classified.” Many demanded financial compensation by President Obama for the ill-fated photo op, chastising the Obama administration for being “totally clueless and just plain stupid.”
- Stephen: I have the solution concerning these private Air Force One pix–let the prez pay for them out of HIS pockets! Ridiculous....1st, he scares the life out of already sensitized New Yorkers...now, he is so embarrassed [apparently]–he decides to keep these private. Well then,,,like someone else has said; he could have Photo-Shopped an image of the plane over NYC at a cost of @ $3.00....That's why we have to fire all the politicians....the regard they have for money is crazy! Can you imagine how much that 300, 000 would mean to a low-income family?
- Claire: Regarding the Air Force One incident, I seriously doubt President Bush would have been so ignorant or insensitive to have it fly over New York City, considering what happened on 9-11 and he saw the destruction first hand. Obama and his "Barackateers" are proving more and more each day they are totally clueless and just plain stupid.
- Cch4m: The White House refuses to release the photos of the President's Airplane scaring the hell out of New Yorkers? Transparent? Who was on the plane? Transparent? Everything about this President's past and present has been locked away NEVER to be seen....Transparent? What are they hiding? Why won't they release the photos and the passenger list? Transparent? And the useful idiots in the so-called "mainstream" press just gives him a pass as usual....NOW if George Bush would have done this hearings and investigations would go on forever........without end...and it would be above the fold news for weeks......but Obama gets a pass.....
Regarding Michael Savage’s ban in Britain, opinion was in favor of the ban.
- Tony: Michael Savage got what he deserves. He is a racist who is against blacks and other minorities. But here is the joke: he is pro Israel. Something is wrong here. Israel does not need friends like this hateful man. During the election campaign he made a few hateful and demeaning remarks about President Obama's dear and loving late mother. This is a very sad man. I will do everything I can to get him off the air.
- Ed: I am very much a moderate and believe that free speech is important. But Savage and others like him are not practicing free speech with opposing opinions, they are spewing hate. Hate of every group that does not believe exactly as they believe. He and people like him do incite people to violence because of hatred. He and people like him help to create hate crimes. I think it is time that someone took these people off the air and out of the public sphere. His views are not opposing opinion, it is just hate. The media that carry people like savage (and I meant the lower case ‘s’), should remove these people from the air in this country as well. They have a responsibility by controlling the airwaves to provide solid reporting, news and opinion. They don't have the obligation to provide hate mongering. It is too bad that the day has past when the media and the networks knew that they had an obligation to use the airwaves carefully.
- Orland: I'm appalled at your softball treatment of Michael Savage. Instead of using his provided publicity shot, which makes him look like a reasoned and thoughtful person, you should have put up some direct quotes, such as "Oh, so you're one of those sodomites. You should only get AIDS and die, you pig; how's that?" or that autism, "In 99 percent of the cases, it's a brat who hasn't been told to cut the act out." You've failed in your reporting duties by not showing your audience the real face of Michael Savage.
What do you think of Michael Savage? Do you listen to his radio show? Have his comments been in line with what you believe, or are is he simply “spewing hate” as the first viewer believes? Is this an issue of “free speech” or is Britain protecting its citizens by preventing Mr. Savage’s voice from being heard? Share your opinions with us.
Sorry Kirin. ANYONE committing a crime in the USA should be procecuted even if that person is our president! He, of all people, should have known better, but as I see it, he does things and just "gets off" with an appology! Our justice system is not a justice system at all.....well, only if its against the American people!