On Monday, American Morning viewers responded strongly against former Vice President Cheney’s continued appearances on talk shows, calling him “irrelevant.” Both Democrats and Republicans believed him to be disingenuous on multiple fronts.
- Sheri: Stop asking Dick Cheney his opinion about ANYTHING!!!! He was almost invisible for 8 years and his negativity is not needed – then or now! I'm tired of turning my TV on in the morning and seeing him complaining about what the Obama administration is doing and how it should be run his way. We voted them out of office – stop parading them around spouting their lame opinions. It only causes turmoil.
- Jim G: For those interviewing Cheney-who is flaunting the miserably failed past 8 years-what his take is on the Iraqi journalist (an obviously real journalist)-who threw his shoe at Bush? That is, does Cheney think he owes an enormous apology to the American people-and why is he not being confronted on this? Throwing Cheney soft balls so he can attack Obama is ludicrous, particularly given the enormous challenges Obama faces-because of Cheney/Bush!
- Jay: I have never believed what Mr. Cheney says on its face value. His intentions are never reflected in his words. I suspect his attacks Powell is because he cannot control Powell. Are all Republicans supposed to blindly agree with Cheney and Rush? Can there be no second opinion?
- Paula: Were I Mr. Colin Powell, I'd deem it a supreme compliment to be "backhanded" by the likes of Cheney! He didn't have 3 words to say, over the past 8 years, and now is as difficult to neutralize as the AIDS virus, now! He is a dark, divisive, and pathetic creature...irrelevant, boring, and lacking in any constructive elements. As in the old vaudeville "stinkers"...someone should "hook" him, around the neck, and drag him off the "national stage"! He is negative message is counter-productive, and his snide "asides" are enervating to the pathetic condition of this severely-crippled nation...
- Jim M: Typical CNN... only put out partial information, just want you want people to hear. The bigger story was how Dick Cheney is sounding the alarm of Obama making us less safe by removing safeguards that have kept us from being hit for the last eight years. This is why anyone who wants honest, fair information must go to FOX NEWS.
What do you think about former Vice President Cheney’s public appearances recently? Is he, as one viewer states, “irrelevant,” or are we only getting “partial information”? Do you believe he is representative of the Republican Party or has the party moved in a new direction?
Credit card users expressed increased anger at their perceived mistreatment by banks and card companies.
- Virginia: I'm sure many credit card holders will choose to default in response to the unconscionable actions of institutions like Bank of America. When a long term record of on-time payments, no late fees, good FICO - all the things that say "good customer" -brings notice that your APR of under 10% has been raised arbitrarily to over 20% with monthly payments doubling, it seems appropriate to say "NO MORE". B of A took tax dollars as a bail-out, then kicked tax payers in the teeth. Rates are now at usury levels and they should be shut down. Bail-out money is the last money they will get from me - I'm looking for a class action against them to join.
- Jim: I pay my credit cards on time and usually pay them off by the next billing cycle. Citibank however, raised my interest rate from 11% to 28.99% for no reason, when I confronted them about this, they admitted that I have never been late with a payment and that my account is in good standing, but would go no further in explaining why they jacked my interest rate. My Citibank card is paid in full, now it just sits in my wallet, at that interest rate, I will not use it.
Have you been a victim of the recent credit card changes? How has this affected the way you use your cards, pay your bills, or even survive day-to-day? Do you believe there should be a “class action” lawsuit against the banks and card companies, ad the first viewer suggests? Are you more like the second viewer who paid off all cards, but now refuses to use them?