American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
June 23rd, 2009

Bon Jovi's volunteer initiative

Jon Bon Jovi is helping a lot of people go home again. He participated at the National Conference for Service and Volunteering as an ambassador for the Entertainment Industry Foundation – Hollywood's leading charity.

Yesterday he made a special appearance to an audience of more than 4,500 service leaders who were kicking off a multi-year campaign to help make service and volunteerism a national priority.

For more information on these charities:

Filed under: Entertainment
  1. paul

hey..nice subject

August 12, 2009 at 7:11 am |
  2. Scott Cameron

Good work and I want to say I have total respect for someone that puts themselves out there to help others. I am a totally disabled Vietnam Veteran and have been traveling to SE Asia, where I almost died 40 years ago and have now put in 7 water wells for the landmine victims in Cambodia. I've done all this on my own disability pension and would like to get ahold of anyone that can help me as I've had 47 surgeries and looking at more in the near future and don't have alot of time to do what I'm doing. I pay for all my own travel and all of the water wells out of my own pocket. This last trip I had some friends slip me some money to put in a few wells, but I don't know how much longer I can do this on the small funds I have. I just saw Bon Jovi on CNN and would like to show him what I'm doing and ask for help or guidance. If you go to my facebook acct. you can see the photo's of my wells. I pay for all my own expenses and travel as every dime I have been given I've used to put in wells. The Cambodian government is shoving the victims of the landmines into the countryside with no water or anything and realizing that we dropped a bomb on that area every 8 minutes for 9 years and fact that about 15-20% didn't go off and are now coming back up from being buried and are killing and maiming farmers and children on a daily basis. After we left the Vietnamese invaded and also added millions more mines I feel as an American veteran a sense of responsibility. I'm asking nothing more than help and guidance for them, not for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

June 23, 2009 at 9:50 am |
  3. Mary Ivey

I was born and raised in NJ not far from Jon's hometown; from NJ; however I'm now a TX resident for more than 35 yrs now. It's awesome that Jon's doing so much for communities. What I would l like to see and hear is something about Galveston and the surrounding areas that were completely devastated when hurricane Ike hit. Why has this been forgotten? Is it because New Orleans wasn't able to pick up the pieces like Galveston so quickly did and not whine about it to the media? Looking at Galveston now, you see rebuilding where there was complete, and I mean complete devastation... but did Texans complain? No, we pulled up out boot straps, helped out our neighbors and dug in and out, and began the clean up process. So, Jon, don't forget about us... we could use some help, too, not that we're asking for it! JMO...

June 23, 2009 at 9:04 am |
  4. Lora

I was so happy to see you feature Jon. I have been a Bon Jovi fan since I was little and grew up with them. He has a huge heart and is so giving. He always has put others first, and given to those less fortunate and has never complained. So yeah he is a rockstar but he is a rockstar with a kind and loving heart!

June 23, 2009 at 8:46 am |
  5. Stephan T, Lockwood

Mr. Jon Bon Jovi This is a package that you can use to assist you in your humanitarian effort. These buildings can be used to house the low income to moderate income people that have lost there homes to foreclosure, There is a great need for a interested investor like yourself that can come in and purchase large amounts of residential or commercial residents buildings. Here a short scenario.

The packages can be bundled for A. B. C. level tape. A, being the best areas, and D. being the least of the four. A. is 90 to 85 cents on the dollar. B. is 65 to 55 cents on the dollar. And C, is 20 to 35 cents on the dollar And D 20 to 10 cents on the dollar. Minimum investment amount is Six Million Dollars, there is a 5 Trillion dollar pool to choose from. We service all of America. The commercial units will be available in July. We will also have performing and non performing paper in the commercial and residential end as well that month.

Contact information is Cell: 774-259-6586

Office/fax 508 822 9159

email stephan.lockwood@zenithcapitalstrategies.com

Stephan T. Lockwood

June 23, 2009 at 8:05 am |
  6. Dennis

Famous people probably do good things more than they are reported. And of course, Famous people need to spend money on themselves to look good, sound good, etc. simply because they are famous.
    However, if the people who could to the most good really did the most giving, our world wouldn't be in such need. Also, the income gaps would be stable or converging instead of favoring the very wealthy and punishing everyone else. Adequet charitable giving use to be a template until Reagan, Bush and Clinton got into office. Now it seems more important to get your daughter (Chelsea) a six-figure job right out of college than giving your illegal maid a raise.

June 23, 2009 at 7:12 am |