American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
June 24th, 2009

We Listen! Your comments – 6/24/09

Editor's Note: Wednesday’s American Morning viewers shared their appreciation for CNN’s in-depth coverage of the Iranian protests. Many felt Senator McCain’s opinions about Iran and heath care were no longer significant.

• Alba: Thank you, CNN, for your relentless coverage of the recent Iranian civil unrest. The passionate, non-violent, majority's voice will always echo throughout history. The future generations will hear it! I make a plea to the praying intercessors all over the world. Pray for God's imminent healing of the physical and emotional wounds of the Iranian people!
  • Navid: I hear a number of your viewers say that we need to stay out of Iran issues. The thing I want to bring to their attention is that this same regime that the people are fighting is the reason we are bogged down in Iraq and Afghanistan. If this regime is ousted the sooner we could have our troops back home.
  • Avesta: The Islamic Regime is doing what Islamic Barbarians did 1400 years ago, burn books, hate our history, culture, enslave, rape & kill Persians. we promise they are Arab occupiers and feel nothing about Persians that is why they are sending our oil revenue to Hamas and Hezbollah.

What do you think about Senator McCain’s position on Iran? How do you feel about the viewer asking that the U.S. get involved in the situation?

South Carolina Governor Sanford’s announcement that he had been in Argentina, not on the Appalachian Trail as reported earlier, was denounced by most viewers.

• Linda: If Gov. Sanford were a Democrat, everyone on the planet would be calling for his impeachment. He makes "Blago" look sane. Isn't "dereliction of duty" grounds for impeachment....even for Republicans???
  • Pam: Gov. Sanford Issue: He went to Buenos Aires to have plastic surgery. Why else would his wife not be worried, his staff not know where he really was. Love your show, you guys work well together.

What do you think about the SC governor’s disappearance? As an elected public figure, does Governor Sanford have a different set of obligations to his state than he would as a private citizen?

Filed under: We Listen
  1. marie

I dont care who the senator sleeps with as long as he is taking care of hie state whoopy.It's sad for his wife and children,but come on america all of then do it,at least he has the gut's enough to tell us when nobody else would.We have other problems to deal with then extra marital relationships.I dont care.I lost my job and cant find another oner.Because in the state of Missouri anybody can get fired for no reason.We have no right's in our on country,try and fix that.thank you

June 25, 2009 at 11:23 am |
  2. marie

I heard your news report this morning,and i was shocked at one news item about marijuana i dont smoke but i grew up with it around me.I know lawyers and judges and police who smoked it.I have been to gatherings.I have walked down in NY and saw people smoke it.I have never heard of people dying of it.Never heard of people causing accidents cause of it.Never heard of violence coming from it.But cigarrettes and drinking is legal.I think the only reason it's not legalised is because they can't figure out how to tax it.Thank you for ready my note.People need to open their eyes.Check other countries who legalised and see their crime rate has dropped.I hope you bing this on the air.thank you

June 25, 2009 at 11:18 am |
  3. Bernice

GO PAM! Blame the harlett! I agree with you totally! This woman knew that the governor was a married man with a family and she should have gracefully bowed out years ago, for those very reasons! Have she no respect in herself at all! I had a similar issue done to my family by a banker in Chicago who felt that playing with my husband online and having thier devestating and hurtful affair, was somehow acceptable! My husband let us know early that he WOULD get rid of her, and after a year, he was successful! Something needs to be done about this issue and those causing pain to thier spouses and thier children, should be punished! ESPECIALLY, if they work for the American People or work with thier money! No wonder the financial industry went down the tubes! Look what they do while at work! Shame on all of them! They should be rattled with the humiliation that they saddled thier victims with! NOT ACCEPTABLE!! Maybe thier victims should start demading for compensation to cover all of thier humiliation and losses! For the harlett, you are just a disgrace to womankind, your country, and to your race! If he says hes married...DISSAPPEAR! You have NO business being in that familys life, no matter how much you think that you do! I only hope for the same to happen to her. Then she may just understand how it feels.

June 25, 2009 at 9:29 am |
  4. pam dunsmore

I am tired of hearing the lame, drawn out apologies from these, high powered cheating men.

Let us also blame the Argentinian "concubine" for continuing to pursue a married man for this length of time!

My children (ages 33, 26, & 23) and I are still living through emotional/financial devastation after my husband, a lawyer, left with a younger woman- a client -3 /12 years ago. We didn't see it coming! My husband was in such a hurry to leave, yet he's holding up the legal process with noncompliance!
    Pam Dunsmore

June 25, 2009 at 8:47 am |
  5. Dennis

Why does the news media claim to be so surprise when people have an extra maritial affair? Whether your a governor or an "average joe" the desire to have a occassional fling is normal. Both men and women will continue the behavior. Women and men will take each other back (mostly women). To the media: STOP making a BIG deal of the aforementioned subject matter, after all, it happens to a lot of us INCLUDING those in the media!!!

June 25, 2009 at 7:52 am |
  6. Elizabeth

I want to know how the Iranian government managed to allow that many terrorists into Iran?

June 25, 2009 at 7:41 am |
  7. Allene

Health Care: Where are the Right to Lifers? Research study reported last fall found that the uninsured are more than twice as likely to die from a known, treatable, preventable disease than someone with life insurance. How can any true Right To Life not support a health plan that covers all people? From a Business standpoint, the cost of not insuring is tremendous.

The private sector seems to be doing fine with retirement, and there is a government option. And I'm not sure what the difference is between a government bureaucrat and an insurance bureaucrat making my health decisions as is the case now.

Our Congress needs to get this done, now.

June 25, 2009 at 7:25 am |
  8. Gabe Rivas

Thank you CNN for give us Carol Costello and Kiran Chetry

June 25, 2009 at 6:43 am |
  9. Heidi

Did you know that US based companies such as Nokia have provided the technology to the dictator terrorist regime of Iran to locate and track down wireless users. During past 10 days, government has used these devices to locate and arrest the protesters at their homes! Shouldn't these companies be accountable for assisting terrorist regime of Iran!?

June 25, 2009 at 1:12 am |