American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
June 25th, 2009

Actress Farrah Fawcett dies of cancer at 62

Actress Farrah Fawcett appears on 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno' at  the NBC Studios on September 10, 2003. Getty Images
Actress Farrah Fawcett appears on 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno' at the NBC Studios on September 10, 2003. Getty Images

(CNN) - Farrah Fawcett, the blonde-maned actress whose best-selling poster and "Charlie's Angels" stardom made her one of the most famous faces in the world, has died. She was 62.

Farrah Fawcett rose to fame in the 1970s, thanks to a best-selling poster and the hit show "Charlie Angels."

Fawcett, who checked into a Los Angeles, California, hospital in early April, had been battling anal cancer on and off for three years.

Ryan O'Neal, Fawcett's romantic partner since the mid-1980s, recently told People magazine that the sex symbol was declining.

"She stays in bed now. The doctors see that she is comfortable. Farrah is on IVs, but some of that is for nourishment. The treatment has pretty much ended," he said in a story posted May 7.

Keep reading this story »

Filed under: Entertainment • Top Stories
  1. Bernice

Farrah, I am sooo sorry to see that the spotlight was totally on MJ ....when your fans would have loved to see all about you, too! You deserved so much better than this! Good rest your soul and may peace be with you! We will love and miss you!

Farrah Fawsett was a pillar to all women everywhere! She should have also had her time in the spotlight! I am totally dissappointed in ALL of the news broadcasts out there for this lack of respect in one of the worlds most gorgeous women ...ANYWHERE!

You will be loved and missed!

June 30, 2009 at 9:12 am |
  2. michael

Honoring the death of Farrah Fawcett with this video.

June 27, 2009 at 1:43 pm |
  3. Renee Huff

I would like at this time to send my sympathy to the family of Farrah Fawcett. I truly will miss her. She was an inspiration to me as a child, my teen years and adult life. My first real dolls was the Charlie Angles dolls featuring Farrah. In the third grade my teacher Ms. McCullough was the spitting image of Farrah. I know that her loss will be hard to cope with. Lean on the Lord and he will comfort you. May God bless you all.

June 26, 2009 at 12:04 pm |
  4. Renee Huff

To the family of Farra

June 26, 2009 at 11:58 am |
  5. michael

Yes CNN is spending " overkill coverage " on Michael Jackson.
    CNN should pay a tribute to Farrah & equal coverage !!

God Bless Farrah Fawcett . We will miss you and now you will
    join the angels of heaven.

June 26, 2009 at 9:59 am |
  6. Debra

How unfortunate the death of Farrah has been overshadowed by the death of Michael Jackson. As a woman in her fifties from Texas, where big hair and personality prevail, I can tell you she is missed here. Every young man I know had a crush on her in college in the 70's. Farrah's smile, determination and spirit spoke volumes.

June 26, 2009 at 9:17 am |
  7. joe anthony

Farrah was great

June 26, 2009 at 8:46 am |
  8. Sherry

My deepest sympathies go out to Farrah Fawcett's loved ones. She was amazingly popular and will be missed.

June 26, 2009 at 8:30 am |
  9. Roz

She is now a real Angel . God bless may you rest in peace .

June 26, 2009 at 7:42 am |
  10. JLa

So very sad. She is an icon that will always be remembered as a trailblazer. She was a true American spirit and many lives were changed by her portrayals on TV, on film and on Broadway. I, for one, will be wearing my hair in the 70's Farrah style tomorrow in memory of her. She had a certain American style that cannot be duplicated and should be revered; not royalty (like Princess Grace), but not trashy (like Madonna). I express my deepest sympathy to her family and offer the knowledge that her pain is ended and faith she is in heaven. Peace.

June 25, 2009 at 3:56 pm |