Editor's Note: American Morning’s Friday audience mourned the untimely death of Michael Jackson. Many shared their memories of “The King of Pop,” and expressed their condolences for his family. Others speculated on the cause of his death, and wondered about his estate and pending financial issues.
- John: WOW! The death of Michael Jackson yesterday was a surprise, guess I found out what it means to be in shock because it seemed like a dream until I woke up today and now it is upsetting. I am a 38 yr old man whom I grew up listening to Michael Jackson and even did breakdancing with some of his songs! Now I understand how the Elvis Presley fan felt! What a shock and terrible trajedy
- Mary: The world will miss Michael Jackson, he had a tremendous influence on pop music of the 70's and 80's, he was a music icon. He influenced artists such as Usher, Prince, Justin Timberlake and many more. He will be sadly missed.
- Jina: MJ was the greatest entertainer of all time. But, lets not forget how great of a humanitarian he was. Lets remember him for that too.
- Kristen: Michael was a great man even though he had troubles in life he still made a lot of people happy.REST IN PEACE MICHAEL!
- Dawn: I am a cnn diehard. It's like my daily fix but aside from the election of Barak Obama nothing you have broadcast to date has affected me this much. The passing of Micheal Jackson, has left me broken. I hardy slept last night. I am in complete shock. He was a part of my childhood that I cherished deeply. I will never forget him.
- Antonio: We can never replace Michael Jackson. We can continue his legacy throughout his music! He will be dearly missed! In my opinion, we should have treated him better when he was alive! Listening to the King of Pop made me immediately dance and he put a smile on my face. We should have taken the time to properly understand him. Rest in Peace, Mike!!!!!!!!
- Bernadette: I would like to add some thoughts about Michael Jackson. He was used by his father and handlers. He was allowed to have a normal childhood thus the behaviors as he grew older. He had a plastic surgeon who should have had his license to practice taken away. He was a genius in his music, but oh so deprived in life. May God rest his soul.
- Irma: Never has the world seen a musical genius like Michael Jackson. Never will the world see his type of genuis and legendary status again. He was truly the "King of Pop"! I am fortunate to have experienced his majic and I will always have a fondness for the boy star that I fell in love with as a child. My most sincere sympathies and condolences to MIchael's family, friends, and all his adoring fans. Farewell Michael. You will never be forgotten.
- Kim: I am so saddened by Michael Jackson's death. I was truly a fan of his and he will be so missed. I remember when I was 21 years old back in 1986, as I would get ready to go out on a date w/my husband, I would listen to Michael Jackson's song PYT Pretty Young Thing. I played this song over and over again. My husband and I would go to dance clubs and would dance to his songs. It was such a wonderful time. And, finally he came to Richmond a few years later and I went to his concert. It was unbelievable. He was definitely one of a kind. And, despite all the weird stories everyone has heard about him, you can't take away the fact that he was and still will be the King of Pop. I love you Michael. Rest in peace.
- Desiree: I can't believe that Mj's gone. To everyone it a shocker. Just like Elvis King of Rock&Roll. Mj's music will live on and on has the King of Pop. With trying to make a better places. I'm only 16 and when i was 9 my first Cd was Thiller and i got 2 more Cd's cause i love music and him every since huge fan and always will to everyone he will be.R.I.P Micheal Jackson.
Share your thoughts on the passing of Michael Jackson.