Editor's Note: Monday’s American Morning audience shared their condolences over Michael Jackson’s death. With suspicion surrounding Jackson’s death, many had questions for the lawyer of Jackson’s doctor.
- Tim: As MJ's personal house call doctor he was surely aware that MJ was using (possibly abusing) CII narcotics for some time. If his death was indeed due to a narcotic overdose and with the previous information above known, his rapid response kit should have contained a supply of Narcan which would have immediately reversed the narcotic effects he was suffering from (respiratory arrest). Another factor to consider is the AED. Why didn't a high profile MD like him not have one on hand or why wasn't one at MJ's house? These seem so obvious to me being an Paramedic, but didn't phase his doctor one bit I guess.
- Constance: The attorney for Michael Jackson said he did NOT administer Demerol or Oxycontin but NO ONE has asked about MORPHINE!! Ask the attorney...
- Christine: Kiran-you should have asked Dr. Murray's attorney when the last time was that the doctor saw MJ alive! And was he complaining of any illness? I have yet to hear anyone speak about the last time that he was actually seen alive...
- Dennis: What the lawyer for the doctor of M.J stated in his interview does make any sense. I am a paramedic and a CPR and ACLS (Advanced Cardic Life Support) instructor. Did anybody check to see if this doctor has a current CPR card. Everyone in the medical field, even doctors have to renew every two (2) years and ACLS every (1) year. Also if M.J. had a slight pulse, why did the doctor start chest compressions? He should have just done rescue breathing until a pulse was not detectable, and than started chest compressions. Something is wrong!
If you were given the opportunity to speak with the attorney for Jackson’s doctor, what questions would you have for him? Comment here for follow the story.
Carol Costello’s piece drew considerable negative reaction, as most felt the segment “was purposely aimed to hurt President Obama.”
- Dan: Costello, Roberts and the rest of CNN will "just say" any damned thing to make Obama look bad. Has Obama raised taxes? No. Has Obama approved taxes on health care benefits? No. Can Obama do anything about state taxes? No. Yet you present the story as if all this crap has happened, and it's all Obama's fault. A little disclaimer at the end of the story doesn't come close to overcoming the setup.
- Marlin: My son in Tenn. asked me why it is such a secret that the media hides about the middle class tax cuts. He is a teacher his wife also works in the system. he gets $80.00 per month more his wife gets $30.00 more. Yet for some reason this is never published by the main stream media, That is for all making less than $200.00.00 per year. $250.000.00 or more the Bush tax cuts for them will be let die and go back to the rate Clinton imposed on them in 1993. Why is that so difficult for you in the media to make the public aware. There are still any who do not realize they received a tax cut as it is spread out over 2 years resulting in higher pay.. Please inform the people.
- Sarah: Regarding Carol Costello's criticisms of Obama's failure to live up to his 'no tax increase' promise to the middle class - he has not raised any taxes on the middle class. Is it fair to criticize him for an increase that is debated but not enacted (the proposed tax on health insurance premiums)? Or for the actions of state governments? Are you serious? Thanks for the support in addressing the crippling problems our nation is facing.
- Elaine: I'm Just Sayin = Carol Costello's report – was misleading, started out talking about President Obama promised no tax increases for Middle Class Americans, only had one(1) example of taxes being raised, cigarettes of all things! If it takes raising cigarette taxes to make people quit, more power to the president! Story was more focused on the individual states increasing taxes on things like transportation, etc. Story should have been titled states raising taxes – I believe that story was purposely aimed to hurt President Obama. Bad story, not worth watching.
What do you think? Has President Obama actually raised taxes? Comment here or follow the story.