American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
August 10th, 2009
  1. No disrespect

If Carol Costello says one more time "why bother with Joe Wilson" I am going to scream. Why bother with Joe Wilson . . . because it is time to make an example . . . . the disrespect that people have shown the "office" of the President and this President is shameful.

September 10, 2009 at 6:55 am |
  2. Lonnie

its nice to see the "town hall" forum for the American Public to finally get heard... my question is instead of just "health care" why not have these town halls over every ? put to the President or congress; the war in Afganistan, the economy, health care,..... etc... this may be the best way for Americans to be heard...

August 11, 2009 at 2:45 pm |
  3. Bernice

Ron (the one on screen), Pierre and Ron are at least 99.5% correct. 2nd Ron: I hope your voice has recuperated; 1st Ron: In WHAT intelligent world are people more insulted that you called Palin a CLOWN than are concerned that our PRESIDENT is being called "Terrorist...killer...not a citizen...nazi...and worse..."? Yes, she's a clown, but a dangerous clown, because she IS fearmongering and manipulating people who are either 1) too busy, 2) too tired, or 3) too trusting...to search for the facts themselves. And yes–there is a 4th category of those who believe the Republican talking points: There truly ARE some too stupid to understand that everyone is connected, and if the person next to me AND I have access to good health care, we ALL benefit. Thankfully, the REST of us CARE enough to know that health care IS a basic Human Right.

August 11, 2009 at 9:05 am |
  4. Carole

BRAVO to Mr. Reagan. He is right on about Sarah Palin. Why? Why? Why are you even covering her? She does need a red nose and exploding shoes. She is a straight up clown!!!!!

She will do 'anything' to get a vote. Lie, cheat or slander. Did I forget steal?

August 11, 2009 at 8:44 am |
  5. ron

The Republican Party is doing what they do best...scaring the American People. Remember that's how they got Bush into office. Now on Health Care they are using the same tactics NOT for the american people but for the PARTY. I have Health Care and having recently gone through a $100K operation I'm thankful. But I laid in bed many a night wondering about people who couldn't afford this operation. Would they go through life in constant pain not able to work? I was at that point.

The Republican Party needs to stop and work with the PRESIDENT not for their party.

August 11, 2009 at 8:17 am |
  6. Pierre

This letter to my Congresswoman tells it all.

Dear Iliana:

I'm not able to come to your Town Hall type meeting and scream. I will be out of town, unless it was this past weekend, and I missed it anyway.

But, I still want you to hear what I have to say and you can make believe that I am there and screaming. I'll help a bit with capital letters, hiss, and !!!s whenever necessary.

First, let me add that I am not a Republican (hiss) but I know that you are. This puzzles me as you are fairly smart and even probably religious. And you are certainly not a right wing idiot like you know who from A-l-a-s-k-a. After all, no religious person would let that health care fail, nor would they allow the rich to pay no tax whilst everyone else is taxed to death to make up for the loss. Sales Tax, Property Tax, School Tax, Tolls, and so many more I can't write THEM HERE!!

But let's get to the Town Meeting which I cannot attend.

I want that Health Care bill passed I want SOCIALIZED MEDICINE!!!

Jesus (not a constituent so don't get too worried) would want socialized medicine and nothing else. He would also want the rich to pay for it.

He would also INSIST that we END the Wars, take that money (more than enough to pay for 4 of the Health Care Bills you will soon be voting on. But we could use those funds to pay for schools and universities, couldn't we? Or we could spend it else where IN THE USA where we NEED MONEY Spent!! WHY ARE we SPENDING it over THERE?

I don't WANT the INSURANCE companies MAKING MY HEALTH Care decisions any more!! I WANT the GOVERNMENT doing that!!!

Sorry, I am losing my voice so I will necessarily terminate this note.

VOTE FOR the HEalth Care BILL. Take care of YOUR CONSTITUENTS not the Iraqis or Afghans!!!

Best regards,

Your Constituent

August 11, 2009 at 8:06 am |
  7. jim vicalvi

I have never listened to ron reagan before and now I know why. This turkey is one of the most ignorant persons that I have heard on either side. He seems to think that he is somehow superior to the rest of us peons. If he would stop and pull his head out from his butt nobody would recognize him. Yes, there are people out of line but on BOTH sides. The unions and seiu have been sending members to the public meetings. I have just joined a local Tea Party group mainly because I am tired of listening to pompous fools like reagan telling me that some group told me to do something. This was my own decision.

August 11, 2009 at 3:33 am |
  8. Dennis

Wow–someone who's daddy actually got elected called the former Governor of Alaska a clown? Hey, the people of Alaska elected Mrs. Palin–are they clowns too? I'm not for a healthcare plan run by the government because I've already got one–and it may be broke within my lifetime. The problem with social security has only been solved once when we had a balanced budget and a plan to pay down the debt. If we keep electing and listening to all sorts of clowns, America will be insolvent and negotiating debt-equity swaps with Communist China. Is that what we really want in a free society? Which state are giving up to the communists to repay the debt? Personally, I'd start with Illinois, then give them the beach fronts in California. That should go over well.

August 10, 2009 at 11:01 pm |
  9. Jack, Montauk, NY

Ron Reagan is my newest hero! Loved his comment; finally someone who is not afraid to say what he feels!

August 10, 2009 at 8:47 pm |