American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
September 9th, 2009
  1. Richard Abbey.

Get real, Osama was not responsible for 9/11. Dean Warwick the intelligence whistleblower was murdered because he knew who was behind this. Hear this recording for yourself, log onto jourdanmaxwell.com and scroll down links.

September 18, 2009 at 4:44 am |
  2. electroniccigarettes

Top notch Post.

I want to thank you for the details.

September 17, 2009 at 1:59 pm |
  3. mike-sey

Theres a tendency to forget how lax airport security used to be – no doubt under pressure from airlines. I won't even get into the issue of smoking on planes which was ubiquitious, but I recall the sudden clampdown in the early 70's after the first Palestinian aircraft hi-jackings. I was booted off a flight from London-Toronto via New York because my passport didn't match the name on my ticket ( the return portion of someone else's ticket, a popular way of cheap travel back then). My baggage went on without me including a laundry bag containing african artifacts including a sword from Afghanistan, a Masai spear and two Touareg daggers. A week later when I managed to hitch a cheap ride posing as an airline employee and landed in Toronto after a stop-over in New York, there was my laundry bag, spear and sword in plain view poking out the top still going round and round on the baggage carousel. No-one batted an eye.

By 9-11 things were tighter and it seems that Osama was incredibly lucky to have been able to pull it off – and some common sense security measures – not wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, no-fly lists etc etc- have been more than enough to protect the USA ever since.

September 11, 2009 at 7:58 am |
  4. Pauly

We have more to fear from the right wingnuts who are being spurred on by the Hannity's, Limbaugh's Beck's & Wilson's of this country.

September 11, 2009 at 7:34 am |
  5. CHUCK

WHY IS CNN USING FRANCES TOWNSEND? THIS WOMAN HAS NO CREDITABILITY.

September 10, 2009 at 11:57 am |
  6. Bob

we have nothing to fear now that we have a professional campaigner in the Oval Office.....or a grape grower sitting in the Speaker's seat....all the bad people of the world tremble at such insightful wisdom. We can now talk them to death.

September 10, 2009 at 11:40 am |
  7. Rob

I'm much more afraid of fear mongering right wing terrorists and corporate thieves than I am any foreign terrorist.

September 9, 2009 at 6:49 pm |
  8. jay m

Safe from al Qaeda, yes Republicans no.

September 9, 2009 at 2:52 pm |
  9. Mike Armstrong TX.

No way are we safe our safety flew out the window when Nancy started her C.I.A. hunt. The methods that were used for the past eight years to keep us safe are gone because of rights activist with good ole Nancy leading the way.

September 9, 2009 at 11:50 am |