American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
September 29th, 2009

CNN's new app brings live video, iReports to iPhone

CNN is taking journalism to a whole new level today with the new CNN iPhone app. It includes live video, personalization tools and the ability to upload iReports.

It costs just $1.99 at the app store. Watch as John and Kiran give it a spin on the "Magic Wall."

Check it out: CNN.com/iPhone

Filed under: Technology
  1. Dan Wickemeyer

I was fooled my the "Live Video" statement also. I am surprised CNN did that, I thought only Fox news tricked people into buying things. I don't know why they did not add the LIVE feature, the HSN App has it!

January 13, 2010 at 4:03 pm |
  2. Joe from Colorado

Don't be mislead by the word "Live Video". There isn't any. There are live people presenting news in a streamed video, but the video isn't live. I purchased this thinking that I would actually get real time live video. I'm concerned that if CNN can't get its facts straight about itself, what is it doing with OUR news. What a mistake. Also, this should be a free app especially due to that amount of advertising within it.

October 5, 2009 at 8:52 pm |
  3. Eric from Ft. Lauderdale

I love my new CNN App. Thanks CNN!

September 30, 2009 at 8:32 am |
  4. David Palomares

It's hard enough escaping CNN 24/7 on the Television
    ? But to buy an application for your I-Phone come on.
    ? What and get the same content that you people cover every fifteen minutes.
    From the AM to the PM the same stories.
    I don't need to drag you people around with me once I turn the tube off.
    Thanks but I'll pass

September 30, 2009 at 8:00 am |
  5. Carolyn Wood

Replace this video with the one I just watched on tv with solo Campbell Brown. Too confusing with both broadcasters. App's not bad.

September 29, 2009 at 9:13 pm |
  6. Danny Clarke

GIGO – Garbage-In-Garbage-Out. If CNN stuck to news (instead of all the eye-candy nonsense you produce every day) such an application might be worthwhile.

Also, I can't believe CNN has the nerve to charge for such an application. It's like paying for a tee-shirt that advertises a product.

Let's get real, folks.