American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
October 16th, 2009

Cheating Death: 'I floated out of my body'

Program Note: Join Dr. Sanjay Gupta as he examines the medical miracles that are saving lives in the face of death on “Cheating Death,” Sat. & Sun. 8 p.m. ET.

Filed under: Cheating Death
  1. life style

Many receive advice, only the wise profit from it.

February 8, 2010 at 2:54 pm |
  2. Nancy Denofio

This topic is so important, but few take the few mintues to tell about it, with fear of turned heads, pointing fingers, newspapers writing articles about them, neighbors laughing, etc., but, perhaps knowing something so wonderful as time, unending, or space – out there, doesn't have to be a secret anymore? Have we grown to believe and accept from others what we do not see? I can now write about a unique time, and people read it, share it, and some talk about it.

January 26, 2010 at 8:13 am |
  3. Daniel

I ment to say...
    it seems very unlikely to me that I would have become completely detached from a real struggle to breathe IN a real dream.
    I accidently left out the word "in" before "a real dream"

October 18, 2009 at 11:13 pm |
  4. Daniel

That's a pretty weak explanation for her detailed out of body experience.
    I believe that I also came out of my body, about 20 years ago.
    I was asleep but suddenly had difficulty breathing; I was lying on my stomach face down in my pillow. I struggled to push myself up and off of the pillow that I felt that I was suffocating in so that I could get a good breath, but I could not; I was already losing control over my body.
    Then I became detached from my body. I no longer felt any struggle to breathe. I saw glowing blue concentric circles, pulsating with my body's heart beat, which I separated from. It appears that that was the connection point with which I, the soul/spirit, was connected to my body.
    I then floated up and out of my body and spun around in mid air. My spirit arms were behind my back and I struggled to gain control of them. After a few seconds I gained control of them and brought them around where I could see them. They were glowing white. Everything was dark around me. A second or two later there were glowing clouds surrounding me. I sensed that I was not alone and feared what may be near me.
    Suddenly something came from behind me and shoved me back into my body. I was instantly reconnected to my body and my body flew up into the air as I woke up because I was, that is my body was, struggling so hard to push itself up out of the pillow.
    Although I have to admit that this could have been some type of dream/panic/breathing attack combination in my sleep, it seems very unlikely to me that I would have become completely detached from a real struggle to breathe a real dream.
    I'm not afraid to die now that I have asked Jesus to forgive me and to save me on account of the blood that he shed in our behalf on the cross.
    I hope that all who read this consider if they are ready to face what is waiting for them on the other side.

October 18, 2009 at 11:03 pm |
  5. Mary Ann Thoeny

My husband had similar experience per the light after having a serious fall. He has accumulated other medial problems after having a stroke.
    In my past studies in therapeutic massage/muscle therapy, we learned about fight or flight, rems, etc. I found the article most interesting -Stimulating for more answers...

October 18, 2009 at 12:24 pm |
  6. Carol Hansing

July 22, 1992, I too had a heart attack and saw my guardian angle that day. I knew who he was immediately. He never said a word, just gave me a reassuring smile that all was going to be OK. I was only 52 years old at the time and under a whole lot of stress.

October 16, 2009 at 2:57 pm |
  7. Nancy Denofio

This too happened to my mother before she passed away. Now, we believe and KNOW she is still here. Recently, we were among a small group, listening to a Medium. Knowing we were going my husband told me, "if your mother is going to talk, it better be tonight." My husband, a to himself guy, but determined to know... many things happened for years around our home, regarding my mother, after she died. So, my husband gave me a cup, small tiny shot type glass with the name Schlutz Beer on it. My mother drank this type and since her death it has been out for every party, no one knew it, except my husband and I. The medium talked with us, and my mother and grandmother. When she mentioned a small glass, my husband nearly passed out. Then more, every single thing was what I asked for before leaving for this event. And, every single thing in this reading was talked about. We recently had three broken mirrors, and my mother said, she didn't break the expensive one... etc. If you knew the entire story, there would never be doubt about the here after. Seriously sharing... Nancy

October 16, 2009 at 9:36 am |