American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
October 21st, 2009
  1. D R Peterson Carpenter

We teachers are at at least at as high of a risk for contracting H1N1 as health care workers. After all, we come into contact with the children who have gotten ill first, before they head off to the clinics and hospitals.
    Why aren't we on the Priority List? Why are we subject to contracting this virus by going unprotected against it.
    Once again teachers are treated like second class citizens; glorified baby-sitters not professionals; who happen to have more education than the average American, and are entrusted with raising and educating the nation's children.

October 29, 2009 at 8:49 am |
  2. Jim W.

I'm playing the conspiracy theory. I believe the Swine Flu has been overrated and blown out of proportion. I believe that the vaccine has not been properly tested and that it does contain dangerous substances. This has been well documented. Not enough people are not getting the vaccine. And what is the beat way to make people want something, take it away. Now there is a supposed shortage of the vaccine. Thus creating a demand. The Swine Flu is a concern, but so is the vaccine. I'm not prone to getting the flu. So the vaccine is more of a concern to me and my good health.

October 23, 2009 at 7:36 am |
  3. BOOTH v

So...what did I learn?

To not sit next to sick people on the subway.

Thanks a million for that GREAT advice!!!

October 22, 2009 at 6:06 pm |
  4. john kesrouan

I normally don't even bother to get the seasonal flu shot, but this year is different. I suspect that if you come down with the seasonal flu and the swine flu at the same time you are at real risk for very serious complications. I realize that there aren't enough swine flu vaccinations but there are plenty of seasonal flu ones. I am surprised that the so called public health authorities aren't pushing much harder for everyone to at least get the seasonal flu shot.

October 22, 2009 at 8:45 am |
  5. Richard Abbey.

If you wish to stay healthy, avoid the vaccine that was registered in 2007 for the patent. Long before the outbreak of swine flu in Mexico a hoax to make billions from drugs by the pharmaceutical companies. Let's face facts, more people are dying from the Vaccine than the Flu itself.

October 22, 2009 at 7:03 am |
  6. Judith Redeye

About health insurance company, their only concern is about profits, not human life. Five years ago, my husband was experiencing congestive heart failure – only three months after having a pacemaker and defibrillator implanted in his chest. I was told by his nurse that his kidneys were failing and the insurance company could refuse to pay the dialysis since he had several health problems. He died that day. Then I read an article that if an implant was defective, you did not have to be informed, only the doctor and hospital received that information. And if you did find out, you were responsible for replacement costs, not the insurance company. For us, it would be over $100,000. When is this all going to stop – money first not people. Obviously, insurance company don't care about how the patient's family suffer. But I bet they would if it was one of their family members.

October 21, 2009 at 2:54 pm |
  7. Dennis

I have a friend back home who was hospitalized when his lungs shut down due to H1N1. He's 48 years-old. After seeing this story, I'm convinced there's no way of not getting the virus if it's out there. We're all toast!

October 21, 2009 at 1:46 pm |