American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
November 5th, 2009
  1. N

It's a shame that this farm owner is probably just as ill informed as the people who work for him. Not only is he on National Television admitting that he himself is breaking an immigration reform law but he ends the segment by stating that immigration reform is the solution. According to the guest worker permit policy (put into the works by the good ole boy Bush) employers are supposed to file an application and pay the application fee on behalf of the migrant workers. He is on this show complaining that he has to pay fines for undocumented workers however he stated that he checked their documents then goes on to say that e-verify is not that solution. It seems pretty straight forward that e-verify would have prevented him from having to pay these fines which are probably equivilant to the amount he would have had to pay to apply for a work permit for his migrant staff. And who cares if the migrant worker is using a dead persons social security number – our country will still get to reap the benefits of the taxes taken out of the workers check and they are contributing to the social secutiry fund anyways. No wonder why this country is in shambles we have greedy ignorant hypocrites running around like a chicken with their heads cut off trying to run business with cheap labor. You get what you pay for. Ever hear of KARMA? The US broke its own immigration law by opening up the border for these workers and even in this story the very governement department that is supposed to uphold immigration laws admits that they do not enforce such laws because of the reality of the farming business is that it relies on migrant workers. How about doing the work yourself or having your family help out to instill good ole American values-get off the computers, ipods, plasma TV's, & out of your cars and tend to the land that your ancestors stole from Indigenous people. Set an example for the immigrants/emigrants to follow instead of teaching them how to be criminals.

December 1, 2009 at 1:21 am |
  2. ronvan

The immigration issue, concerning illegal status, has been going on in this country for quite awhile and we did not complain because we were getting cheap goods while others raked in the $$$! As long as those "in charge" and those that constantly hire illegals, and they know it, can do so without consequence then nothing will change. On the other side are we ready to face reality when those food items, etc., that we buy on a daily basis, go up 200% or more? Those that hire "illegal status workers", pay them far less than minimum wage, provide no health care, etc. etc., are nothing more than modern day slave owners!

November 6, 2009 at 12:30 pm |
  3. nancy

they need to come down HARD on companies who employe ILLEGALS. These folks are just that ~~ here ILLEGALLY. Round em up, send them back ~~ let their El Presidente put them to work. Get that wall built and hire more border guards! IMHO. 🙂

November 6, 2009 at 9:42 am |
  4. John

Yet another story from CNN (or should I say LNN – Liberal News Network) in support of illegal activity. Why would you put something on the air so clearly biased in support of illegal aliens? The label itself says it all – Illegal. They are here illegally and should not be allowed prosper, not pay taxes, yet receive free health care, and send all the money back to Mexico. How could any legitimate new organizaiton come out in support of that?

November 6, 2009 at 9:11 am |
  5. sam soliman

In response to the shooting at fort hood base, in very short statement if you realy need and want to understand what happenend; do not put your head in the sand and close your eyes like the ostrich and say it is a single incident as it will be every time a single incident. this is the fast and sure way to go heaven in the Islamic religion and if you confince by something else, well it is too bad as it will not get any better as a matter of fact it will get worse.
    By the way I grow up with those people and I know not only their religion but also how they think! I hope you will a chance to read and nuderstand this message before it is too late or the next ( individual single incidet as you brefer to call all of them). And may be yhe next would in your station, who know?

November 6, 2009 at 8:47 am |
  6. Jean

My heartfelt sympathy to the families of those who were murdered and those who are in injured at the Base. My sympathy also to all American people who are obviously affected by this sad situation.
    I just heard on CNN AM that the FBI is checking all Websites over the world pertaining to Hassan and his computer activities.
    Yesterday afternoon I was downloading some recipes from a Website. All-of-a-sudden I observed on the lower left hand corner of my computer "Interpol". I said to myself that is strange, "Interpol?" What is Interpol doing on my computer system. As fast as it appeared, it disappeared but I had time to observe it. No wonder. Interpol had been checking Website. They will not find anything out-of-the-ordinary on my computer. My computer is used for the "Works of God" and for sending emails pertaining to my comments also to CNN.
    It is 8:00 AM and I am a Catholic Christian and I am on my way to Church. If more people would genuinely pray to God, worship him, pray for themselves, for others, for the entire world and perform good works and in The Most Holy Name of Our Lord Jesus Christ and by going to Church and a legitimate Church, we would not have all these murders and crimes in the world. It is a sad dilemma which is ever-increasing as the world progresses.
    God bless you! Have a blessed and peaceful day to you and all others in general who may read this, I hope.
    Jean
    Toronto, Canada

November 6, 2009 at 8:07 am |
  7. Ted

They should be fearing immigration, they are here illegally! Besides we cant afford them right now! Plenty of umemployeed and people on welfare to continue to pay illegals for the work our own citizens should be doing regardless if they feel like they should be doing that kind of work or not! I say send the illegals back to where they came from and force Americans here whether unemployeed or on welfare to pick in the fields!

November 6, 2009 at 5:56 am |
  8. Frank

I don't like illegal immigrants taking jobs. That aside and is only one thing their here and freindly I'll treat them the way I would want to be treated if I were in their shoes. I wish them peace and success in America and believe they will make it a better country. This is a problem of poverty in the world not borders, lets solve that.

November 6, 2009 at 5:45 am |
  9. Chuck Maxwell

Re: Yakima apple grower using 70% illegal aliens at near minimum wage. Your report was highly biased in supporting illegal aliens and immigration reform. Where were the real facts? eg.
    -Immigration reform is merely a code phrase for illegal alien amnesity.
    -The number of illegal aliens under amnesty consideration is not 10-15 mil., it's 25+ mil. including children, spouses, and grandparents, according to the CBO.
    -The CBO also reports that the 25+ mil. illegal aliens will NOT economically pay their own way in society. The working-middle class of legal Americans will subsidize them for trillions $$$.
    -The illegal aliens have kept the minimum wage at substandard levels for 15 yrs. This it to the detriment os 10's of millions of legal Americans– a double squeeze of low domestic wages and lowest offshore sourcing. The same should happen to TV reporters and network execs.
    -The Yakima farmer, like Florida citrus growers, use the cheap illegal labor for 3-5 mos./yr.. Then they have the rest of us subsidizing them for the rest of the year. Where is the return of the seasonal labor to the South when the US growing season is over?
    If apples should cost $5/lb with legal and living wage labor, not $2/lb. then so be it. We'll see what the real demand is for apples.
    Shame on CNN of this very biased report. You make FOX look like an independent, scholarly news network.

November 5, 2009 at 6:27 pm |
  10. Dorothy Kincaid

I am sick and tired of hearing the whoa with me attitudes of those who hire illegals (not yet ready to call them aliens, but close) and won't even consider hiring me (African American). No I will not let them nor anyone else talk to me like a dog; call immigration if I don't kiss up to them. I've done that and still didn't get to keep the job if an illegal came in (not speaking English) and willing to work for $2.00/hourly. I do not feel sorry for the illegals and sure hell don't feel sorry for those who hire them.

November 5, 2009 at 2:48 pm |