The opening ceremony for the 2010 Winter Olympics is just around the corner. Vancouver says it's ready.
But of all the records that will be set at the games, perhaps none are more impressive than the plan for security. Our Jeanne Meserve has the report.
[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/POLITICS/01/31/terror.trial.site/story.ksm.gi.jpg caption="Alleged 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is among those suspects set to face a trial in a civilian criminal court."]
Washington (CNN) - No decision has been made on whether to change the current plan to hold the September 11 terrorist attack trial in a civilian court in lower Manhattan, White House officials said Sunday.
Last week, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and other politicians expressed concern over the costs and disruption of holding the trial of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four accomplices at a New York City courthouse.
David Axelrod, the senior adviser to President Obama, and White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said Sunday that Obama believes the trial should take place in a criminal court instead of before a military commission, as permitted for some terrorism suspects.
However, Axelrod and Gibbs acknowledged that Obama and the Justice Department were considering moving the trial from New York City. Full Story
Should the trial of 9/11 suspects be moved out of New York City? Sound off below.