
The Obama administration is doing what so many families have already been forced to do: make tough choices with their money.
The president's $3.8 trillion budget is heading to Capitol Hill today. It calls for billions of dollars to create jobs, but it freezes spending for other domestic programs.
Republicans like House Minority Leader John Boehner are saying it's a good start. President Obama's budget director, Peter Orszag, joined us on Monday's American Morning.
Explainer: Obama's 2011 budget
After recalling millions of cars and trucks, Toyota is breaking its silence this morning.
On the table now is a plan to fix the faulty accelerator pedals with new parts already shipping to dealerships. But is that enough for millions of Toyota customers or just too little, too late?
Jim Lentz, president and chief operating officer for Toyota Motor Sales USA Inc., joined us on Monday's American Morning to answer questions.
CNNMoney: Toyota reveals gas pedal fix
When President Obama took office a little more than a year ago, the economy was on life support. One year and a $787 billion shot in the arm later, the economy is growing again but job losses persist– unemployment hovers at a painful 10 percent.
As the president begins year two of his term, he vows to roll out new programs to spur job creation. But how soon? Our Christine Romans reports.
The ladies owned the night at the Grammys yesterday.
Beyonce lived up to her album title, "I am Sasha Fierce," taking home a record-breaking six trophies. But country singer Taylor Swift's "Fearless" scored the night's biggest prize. And an emotional tribute to the late pop legend Michael Jackson was the first-ever 3D performance at an awards show.
From the red carpet to the final curtain, our Kareen Wynter has the full breakdown from Hollywood.
Read more: Swift, Beyonce, MJ kids spark Grammys
The opening ceremony for the 2010 Winter Olympics is just around the corner. Vancouver says it's ready.
But of all the records that will be set at the games, perhaps none are more impressive than the plan for security. Our Jeanne Meserve has the report.
[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/POLITICS/01/31/terror.trial.site/story.ksm.gi.jpg caption="Alleged 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is among those suspects set to face a trial in a civilian criminal court."]
Washington (CNN) - No decision has been made on whether to change the current plan to hold the September 11 terrorist attack trial in a civilian court in lower Manhattan, White House officials said Sunday.
Last week, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and other politicians expressed concern over the costs and disruption of holding the trial of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four accomplices at a New York City courthouse.
David Axelrod, the senior adviser to President Obama, and White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said Sunday that Obama believes the trial should take place in a criminal court instead of before a military commission, as permitted for some terrorism suspects.
However, Axelrod and Gibbs acknowledged that Obama and the Justice Department were considering moving the trial from New York City. Full Story
Should the trial of 9/11 suspects be moved out of New York City? Sound off below.

