American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
April 9th, 2010

We Listen – Your comments 4/9/10

Editor's Note: Friday’s American Morning audience defended Tiger Woods’ return to golf, noting their disinterest in his personal life, but great desire to watch him play at the Masters in August, GA.

• William: Tiger Woods........ Carol, love 'ya dearly, but on this issue you are WRONG, WRONG, WRONG ! Do you really think that golfers & Golf Fans sit around reading Gossip Mags (Rags) ? No, they want to see the best golfer perform his stuff on the links...That's where the interest lies.....
  • Donald: ...I just simply don't understand what all this interest about Tiger's sex life is about. Sure, he's a lousy husband; but what does that have to do with his sporting ability? People argue he's a role model. He's not. He's a multi-million dollar athlete paid to do what he's good at. His marital woes should have absolutely nothing to do with his job-which he does very well. It's NOT OUR BUSINESS!!!
  • Dorothy: I don't play golf and never watch golf tournaments, and I tuned in only because I think Tiger Woods is repulsive. Amazed!

What do you think? Has the Tiger Woods scandal made him more or less popular? Continue the conversation below.

Filed under: We Listen
  1. Mary Jane Mulligan

Tiger Woods is disgusting! I don't care how well he plays golf, or any other sport! He is a jerk to his family! He is a jerk to his kids! And then we all had to be subjected to his news making disgusting behavior. Too bad he lost sight of what is really important in this world ... and it certainly isn't how good you are at hitting a little white ball with a little stick! He dirtied the word golf for me! Phil Mickelson's win, and his excitement of sharing the moment with his wife Amy and three kids, helped clean up this dirty little game of golf! Tell Woods to take a hike ... right off the golf course!

April 12, 2010 at 9:50 am |
  2. Deb in Iowa

After a year-long parade of ego-centric "men behaving badly," it was inspiring to watch a man without pretense or macho facade love someone other than himself. Phil Mickelson is a class act and the Masters should be proud that the best "man" won!

April 12, 2010 at 7:42 am |
  3. Jim Hitch, Mountain Home, AR

The "new" Tiger Woods. What a life. In two days of Masters televising, we heard him take God's name in vain and also Jesus' name in vain. Why are sports announcers and analysts so gutless that they can't even acknowledge that it happened, even with the whole world watching and listening?

April 11, 2010 at 7:54 pm |
  4. Rich

Who is that yahoo at the Masters saying that Tiger was a disappointment to our kids and grandkids? My kids look up to me, not to Tiger. Tiger is a disappointment to his wife and family, not mine. The Chairman of the Masters in Atlanta is an embarassment; this guy just wants to be on television.

April 10, 2010 at 12:52 am |
  5. Angela Savage austin

For someone who was a Vice President candidate and regarding Foreign affairs she say perky statements such as "I can see Russia from Alaska"...she sounds equally as ignorant to belittle President Obama as a Community Organizer...and fail to see that the World is a community....so his experience is valued Sarah Palin....can you see that? I BET YA CAN!!!!!!!!

April 9, 2010 at 7:22 pm |
  6. Ashh1442

I think that what Tiger Woods did should not interfere with his golf game. And the only person that he really needs to apologize to is not the press or fans but HIS WIFE. People just dont get it.

April 9, 2010 at 2:29 pm |
  7. Kenneth E. Narehood

I wonder why you think that I want to know what someone else feels or thinks about a certain subject. Can you explain ?
    When you start reporting viewer comments I change the channel.

April 9, 2010 at 2:13 pm |