American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
May 12th, 2010

High-end repo men snag planes, yachts

By Bob Ruff and Carol Costello, CNN

(CNN) – Count the rich among the victims of the Great Recession. Just ask Ken Cage, who repossesses very expensive toys that the rich can no longer afford. Business, HIS business, is booming.

“We sold 12 boats and airplanes in a day,” he told us. His biggest repo? A nearly new $14 million Gulfstream jet taken from a real estate developer who fell behind in his payments. Cage often sells the repossessions himself, taking a small cut of each sale and giving the rest back to the banks.

Cage’s Orlando-based International Recovery & Remarketing Group (IRG) grabbed around 1,000 big-ticket items last year. Cage’s partner is Randy Craft, a former professional wrestler who provides the “muscle” in case a repo goes wrong. We caught up with them as they were going through the final run-through for their next target, a $700,000 Cessna Citation jet.

With most repos, says Cage, the challenge is where to go looking. Many owners move and hide their planes as soon as the bank says they are repossessing. Cage, who is part Sherlock Holmes and part James Bond, has contacts at most airports throughout Florida.

One source told him that this plane, the Cessna jet, was flown to another airport after IRG received the repo order from the bank. Cage discovered that the jet didn’t take on much fuel before it was last flown, so it couldn’t have gone far. After calling around to his sources, he located the Cessna in a hangar just 30 minutes from Orlando.

Before moving out to grab it, Craft and Cage go though the final run-through:

CRAFT: “So, it’s in a hangar?”
CAGE: “It’s in a hangar…”
CRAFT: “That’s why I didn’t spot it because I went by that airport and you couldn’t see it.
CAGE: “We’re going to be able to get into this hangar. We’ve got a pilot there now doing an inspection of the airplane.”
CRAFT: “They (the plane’s owners) know if anything’s going on at this point?
CAGE: “No. They think it’s hidden!...Let’s not put the plane on the field until we have the doors open. (Our pilot) is on the plane, and we can tug it out. That way we’re doing everything kind of undercover here…”
CAGE: “…This seems to be a case of hide and seek…Friday the call was probably made from the bank to the debtor…Saturday the plane moves.
CRAFT: He’ll be in for a surprise. Let’s go get it!

Five minutes later, Cage and Craft are in a pickup truck hunting down their $700,000 quarry. When they arrive at the airport, they spot their own pilot, who has already persuaded the hangar’s owner to unlock the hangar.

Cage is thrilled to finally find the plane and to see it unlocked. “You got it open? Awesome!”

While Craft and their pilot make sure the jet is fly-worthy, Cage calls the local police to let them know they have bank papers to repossess an airplane. “We got the call in. So this is legit now. It’s legal. Now we get into hustle mode and get this baby out of here.”

As the plane is towed to the pump for refueling, everyone keeps an eagle eye out in case the owner or his pilot show up and cause trouble.

That has happened before. “In New Jersey,” Cage recalls, “we picked up an airplane from a flight school there. (He) was a little upset we didn’t let him know, so he chases us down the runway…clearly the airplane had more speed and we made it out fine.”

On this day, the owner is nowhere to be seen, but there’s a hitch. “The jet fuel pump is shut down. So we can’t get fuel. We’ve got enough to get there. It’s less than you’d prefer to have though. So that’s the thing. So he (Cage’s pilot) says we have enough. We have enough.”

Five minutes later the Cessna jets roars down the narrow runway and is airborne. Ten minutes after that the pilot safely lands the Cessna at an airport where Cage keeps all the planes that he repossesses until they are ready to be sold.

Meanwhile, Cage is en route back to his home airport when his assistant calls to say the Cessna’s owner just found out his plane was missing. He instructs her to have it moved into a locked hangar in case the owner tries to take it back.

“We got the airplane,” says Cage, “and now he’s mad because he thought he was beating us, and in the end we ended up getting the airplane…There is danger. I don’t think of it as danger, because if I did I probably wouldn’t get out of bed in the morning.”

As for Craft, the former wrestler known as “Rockin’ Randi”: “I find it thrilling to be able to go in and steal something and know I’m doing it legally, and if I get away with it and it goes off flawless, then I’ve done a great job.”

Filed under: Economy
  1. Nikki

Credit says a lot! All those people you think are rich and comfortable are living in huge debt!

May 12, 2010 at 3:30 pm |
  2. Matt

Why the hate for the Repo guy? If there were no consequences for not paying what you SAID YOU WOULD, then nobody would pay for their stuff. It's the same as stealing. I'd imagine that the people who are complaining about repo-men, have had something repo'd that they didn't pay for. If you were responsible with your money, this wouldn't happen. Stop buying stuff you can't afford.

May 12, 2010 at 3:27 pm |
  3. Angel

Funny how so many felt the need to comment that repo men/women are scum. Last I checked it was a legitimate job – and thank god they have one. Blame the banks if you will but many people who get stuff repo'd just don't pay their bills (from any level of society) and quite frankly deserve it – the loan is secured with the property if you don't pay the loan the bank gets their property back!!!

May 12, 2010 at 3:26 pm |
  4. abet

I guess it’s convenient to bad mouth the big bad banks – but whatever happened to personal responsibility to begin with???

if we all bought only what we could afford none of this would happen – duh. Grow up and take responsibility for your own actions!

I'd say its 80% the consumers fault for being STUPID to begin with, 20% the banks for taking advantage of their stupidity.

May 12, 2010 at 3:25 pm |
  5. Jason

To all that hate the repo men. The people that bought these items knew the terms and agreed to them, including a repossession when they failed to abide by them. You really feel bad for them? Give me a break.

May 12, 2010 at 3:21 pm |
  6. Ryan

I love all the comments from people saying "repo people suck and are scum". Obvioulsy all of these idiots have had several of their things repossessed in the past and that is why they feel this way. If you can't pay or are unwilling to pay for what you buy then don't buy it. Why should everyone else in America have to pay for thier cars, homes, boats, etc. and you guys should get these things for free? If it was not for repo companies and the banks could not get their collateral back if people did not pay, there would be no financing, everything would have to be paid cash.

May 12, 2010 at 3:20 pm |
  7. Robert

So what would they have done if they discovered that the plane was NOT airworthy? Personally if I was trying to prevent such a repo I would make sure a difficult to order and critical part was missing from the aircraft before leaving it in the hangar...

May 12, 2010 at 3:20 pm |
  8. socialismjoker

I have one word for all the people who get their fancy cars, yachts, houses, or airplanes repo'd. The word is: AAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You are the weakest link, buh-bye.

May 12, 2010 at 3:16 pm |
  9. steve

All you guys complaining about the repo men, what do you expect the financing company to do? Just let people get away with not paying? It's not like the owners have not been given ample opportunity and notice. In fact, why would you even need notice? You know what your payments are supposed to be; you know you're behind. You don't get to keep an asset without paying.

Anyone complaining about repos must have had something of theirs repossessed at some point.

May 12, 2010 at 3:14 pm |
  10. Ray

I thought it was illegal to repossess property that is sitting on private property as this jet was. Repossessions must take place in public places, ie car sitting on public street as oppossed to sitting on individual's private property.

May 12, 2010 at 3:11 pm |
  11. CharlesCook3

I'm sure the repo men at Rent-A-Center would love to get a promotion to this kind of job.

nick, kenny – What's the deal? If you don't pay your electric bill – it gets shut off. If you don't pay your car bill – the bank takes it back. Not a poor or rich people kind of situation.

If you can't pay for it – don't buy it. Simple.

May 12, 2010 at 3:11 pm |
  12. Jenny

I wonder how they got the keys.

May 12, 2010 at 3:10 pm |
  13. Sman

Heck Tyler it might happen but wouldn't it suck if it crashed right thru your roof and killed everyone inside!! FOOL!!

May 12, 2010 at 3:08 pm |
  14. Paul Puma

What's with all of the hate for these repo men?...So they people that refuse to live within their means should be able to just keep there property without making any payments on them?...That's just asinine to think that way

May 12, 2010 at 3:08 pm |
  15. heyzeus

To the person stating that they violated florida law by entering the plane before telling the cops. Once the item is in default, whether plane, car, boat, or stereo the ownership of such item reverts back to the real owner, the bank or lender. The police are called only to let them know the paperwork is done, and the bank has 're-possessed' the item. re-possessed is to take back possession, this is NOT theft. The 'owner' of the plane, the guy hiding it, was actually in violation of the law for not handing it back to the bank to begin with. The individual hiding it was actually the one violating law.

May 12, 2010 at 3:08 pm |
  16. Marky

How come they're not using Lou, Matt, and Froy? Hehe.

May 12, 2010 at 3:05 pm |
  17. Claudia, Houston, Tx

The banks will repo your car before they will repo an expensive aircraft or boat owned by the rich, they've been doing it for years. You miss your payment on a car, they're all over you with threats and the sad part is a lot of the rich are bankrupt under their name so banks allow them to get credit under a business name. Worked in a bank and their lending practices and found it to be so corrupt until it's unreal.

May 12, 2010 at 3:05 pm |
  18. Dave

I don't know what all the complaining is about. If you purchase something on credit, then you can't pay for it, you should expect it to be repossessed. I don't like the banks, and I don't think folks should spend money they don't have, but even if the inability to pay is legitimate and they sincerely want to keep the item, if they can't work out terms with the bank, they shouldn't expect to have to keep the item. As for the person using the term "snitch," I'll tell you what I told others who think that way. If no one was doing anything wrong, there wouldn't be anything to snitch about, would there?

May 12, 2010 at 3:05 pm |
  19. Ron

This is great. Now this is the kind of stories I like to read in the news.

May 12, 2010 at 3:04 pm |
  20. u got served

they are a bunch of lowlife scum...

May 12, 2010 at 3:04 pm |
  21. Todd M

Why do I get the feeling that the repo bashers have been subject to a repo themselves?

May 12, 2010 at 3:03 pm |
  22. Luke

Why all the hate on these guys? I understand repo men can be hated when they are taking items from lower middle class working people, but what is wrong from taking high end items from the rich who can't make payments on luxury items that are not theirs?

May 12, 2010 at 3:00 pm |
  23. gary

kenny – I guess you have had a lot of stuff repo'd.....what is the value of that ford pinto you had? Bet you are glad it didn't blow up on you, butthole

May 12, 2010 at 3:00 pm |
  24. Cheri

It already IS a reality show!!

May 12, 2010 at 3:00 pm |
  25. Darren Moreno

That was awesome. They should make a show about this if they haven't already.

May 12, 2010 at 2:58 pm |
  26. Armanio

the way the economy is going, they might have to repo. Air Force 1.

May 12, 2010 at 2:57 pm |
  27. fassst

To all you idiots who are calling repo men names, you have obviously been on the undesireable end of the deal. Pay your bills and you don't have to worry about it. Losers.

May 12, 2010 at 2:56 pm |
  28. john

I see a show on cable in the near future!

May 12, 2010 at 2:54 pm |
  29. Jeff

Looks like Dan and kenny had cars and others repoed.

May 12, 2010 at 2:54 pm |
  30. Cope

You who think that repo men are scum should pay your bills, and quit hating on those doing their job. "It aint no joke if you dont pay that note".

May 12, 2010 at 2:52 pm |
  31. K

Jim – FYI, the banks didn't get the TARP money interest free. I'm not saying they should've gotten it in the first place, but for the ones that have paid the money back, it was paid back with interest.

And for those of you saying the repo men are scum, I totally disagree. The owners knew when they got a loan that these high end items were COLLATERAL; meaning that if they defaulted on thier payments, the bank is within their rights to repossess and sell the collateral to try and recoup the loss. If you had loaned someone money who stopped paying you, you'd go after it too.

May 12, 2010 at 2:51 pm |
  32. Teufel Eldritch

Repo men... the revenuers of the modern era. I have NO SYMPATHY for them... NONE.

May 12, 2010 at 2:50 pm |
  33. Tom H

1st these men are doing a job to pay bills, so no ill harm should be wished upon them in doing so folks.

I agree that Lenders / Brokers / Realators made it possible for Americans to buy what they could not afford and inflated prices out of sheer greed. This has a ripple effect causing high flyers to get pounded. But no need to make a TV show for entertainment at others miss fortune because of the greedy people who caused this mess.

If the Government decides to pay mortgages for people under water I for one will be so angry. I get why they 'think' this will help create stable housing prices, but it's not the right fix. The prices were inflated artificially in the 1st place. It is TIME to have prices corrected. If they pay mortgages off they better pay off planes for people who were caught in the mess too!! Was not thier fault the economy tanked.

May 12, 2010 at 2:48 pm |
  34. J. Folkedahl

Dave W: "Rich people have lots of money in accounts that are offshore and protected from business ups and downs. " What a crock! You defend this unethical behavior? You should say "...protected from paying their fair share of taxes." This is the real American success story. Make a bundle, send it offshore to hide it from the IRS. Meanwhile, the "not great money managers" pay their share and do the real work of keeping this country struggling along. You are not naive, Dave – you are corrupt.

May 12, 2010 at 2:45 pm |
  35. tyler J

Get a real job, these people are punks who get off on beating people while they're down. Rich or poor eff a repo man!!!!!!!

May 12, 2010 at 2:45 pm |
  36. CUTTY

When are they going to repo Airforce 1 ? seems like Mr. President keeps writing checks that he can't cash and wants the tax payers to front his mess.

May 12, 2010 at 2:44 pm |
  37. bill

if he does maybe it will be on you

May 12, 2010 at 2:43 pm |
  38. Tiffany

Oh my, so thats where my plane went.

May 12, 2010 at 2:41 pm |
  39. Chris

Now this would make for an excellent reality TV show – and I hate reality TV shows. I bet their phone is ringing off the hook today with offers.

May 12, 2010 at 2:41 pm |
  40. Candice

What do you mean you feel sorry for those who have their vehicles repo'd. Everyone in this country thinks they have a free ride. They think those bail outs pay for everything and they deserve it. Banks are not charities – people have their 401ks and other pension plans tied into the bank stocks. I had a brain tumor & was out of work for 2 years – I voluntarily gave my vehicle back so the equity was not 'eaten up' and the bank could re-coup its money. You can not keep anything if you do not pay for it.

May 12, 2010 at 2:40 pm |
  41. Polaris

Just imagine the owner of the plane sitting at his computer sipping coffee and views this video on CNN as the repos take off with his plane.

May 12, 2010 at 2:39 pm |
  42. P

I don't have any sympathy for anyone losing a high end, non-essential item such as an airplane or expensive car. They should downsize if they can not afford it and own only what they can pay for.

May 12, 2010 at 2:37 pm |
  43. mindset

I have repo'd over 125 cars and 1 boat from drydock and I can vouch for the thrill of the hunt and the take. The clients I repo'd from were not rich, but acted like they were – they bought items they could not pay for – they worked but spent their paychecks on dope and lottery tix. Can't tell you how many arm rests in cars were full of the scratch-offs, signs and smells of dope use. I liked to go to the jobs and take them right from the lots – made sure they all saw me too – they'll sort out their priorities going forward. Waived repo fees for the hard case folks, single parent, loss of job – helped them get the car – back but if you lied or I saw signs of dope use, forget it. Learn to walk again, take the bus and above all stop pretending you you make more than you spend on your bad habits.

May 12, 2010 at 2:37 pm |
  44. David

Sounds like all you people who think repo professionals are scumbags, might have had something repo'd in the past??? hahahahahahahahahaha

May 12, 2010 at 2:36 pm |
  45. B Rubble

It is unfortunate that we all are feeling the brunt of the current economic climate.

For those that say that the repo guys are scum bags, get a life, they are doing thier job. All a debtor has to do is quit claim the plane, boat or whatever. Then sort out thier bruised egos on their own dime.

The people that bought these high end toys made decisions that they have to live with, nobody pressures anybody into buying these kinds of toys. Supposedly bought by clear thinking over 21 white/black business people.

Suck it up, you made bad decisons. get on with your life.

May 12, 2010 at 2:36 pm |
  46. Hank

They are scum...expecially the car repo guys in Georgia! They steal your car, sell it to another car dealer (that their brother owns) for nothing, and then send you a bill for the balance. I had only missed ONE PAYMENT while I was in the hospital! How could they sell the car I bought for $10,000 (with $2000 down) for $1000 and send me a bill for $7000 plus interest? I had to pay it when I got back on my feet two years later...nearly $12,000...for NOTHING!! They are in cahoots with the cops, the judges, and the lawyers to strip you of everything you own!!

May 12, 2010 at 2:35 pm |
  47. Tammy

You can tell on here who has had something repo'ed!

May 12, 2010 at 2:35 pm |
  48. Chris

I am a pilot and had my stomach muscles tighten when I saw the take-off. Did any other pilots see what he did? He stalled on take-off but caught it with rudder. I hope they don't kill themselves and waste a beautiful jet in the process!

May 12, 2010 at 2:32 pm |
  49. John

Now that my type of JOB!!!!!!! I have done cars trucks equipment big trucks but dam High End stuff would be great!!! got to love taking from the rich that don't pay there bills!!!!!

May 12, 2010 at 2:32 pm |
  50. Annie

Don't write a check you can't cash

May 12, 2010 at 2:30 pm |
  51. Ron

The repo naysayers here are probably dead beats that got theirs from not paying their bills. Their wives are probably street walkers keeping these dirt bags fed. Good for the repo men..!!!!

May 12, 2010 at 2:26 pm |
  52. Karl

Did I miss something..?? He, the owner broke the contract. He did not pay. He promised to pay by singed a promissory note. He also gave a lien on the title of the plane to the bank for the trade or agreement to get the money. So how are the banks at fault they are living up to their end of the pre-arranged agreement, “Don’t pay we get the asset.” Everyone agreed up front to the deal. Seems fair “No pay, No play.”

May 12, 2010 at 2:24 pm |
  53. Darryl

Um, if a notice has been send that your "item" is being reposed and the now-former-owner moves it to hide it – isn't that called theft? Can't they charge the rich guy for something..?

May 12, 2010 at 2:22 pm |
  54. dave

This is awesome!!!!! It does not matter how much they put down or how much they have paid on the plane. The owner borrowered money to purchase the plane. He knew he was behind, the bank notified him, then he tried to hid the plane. Now he is ticked that his private plane is gone.....bags fly free on Southwest.

May 12, 2010 at 2:22 pm |
  55. MK

now only if the US government could learn from this and go after the Wall Street CEO's and their assetts, we would be on our way to balancing the budget. Instead, we go after the hardworking americans with little voice and increase their taxes!

May 12, 2010 at 2:22 pm |
  56. Eric Delarue

One more thing...
    "The jet fuel pump is shut down" ?

That means the pump on the jet. If it's shut down, said jet can't fly.
    I'm sure the article meant to say "airport refueling pump" or something along those lines

May 12, 2010 at 2:21 pm |
  57. Greta

Dan, Nick, and anyone else bashing repo people... it is a job, no more and no less. You likely haven't paid your bills and have been visited by these people, so you don't like them. Heaven forbid you actually place the blame where it belongs... on yourselves and others who have a CONTRACTUAL obligation to pay and then don't. Must be the fault of the bank when people don't pay. Financial institutions are businesses. If someone owed you money and didn't pay, I'm sure you would be pissed and THEN it would be their fault, not yours.

May 12, 2010 at 2:21 pm |
  58. R

My only problem with this is that they are helping a bank.

May 12, 2010 at 2:19 pm |
  59. Chris in Chicago

It's absolutely astounding people on this forum are castigating the repomen and DEFENDING people who purchased items THEY COULDN'T AFFORD.

The bank has every right to repossess an item. They loaned out the money for it to be purchased in the first place.

Just look at the person who purchased this plane acting like he is entitled to it. Instead of hanging his head in SHAME at his fiscal irresponsibility and loss of dignity, he somehow convinces himself he is the victim. This is truly what is wrong in our society and the cause of this economic crisis – "It's not MY fault. I'm the victim. I was FORCED to take out expensive loans I couldn't afford and run my 20 credit cards to the limit." This sense of entitlement is weakening America and it is so very sad.

May 12, 2010 at 2:18 pm |
  60. Bunnie

Too funny. My husband watched a guy get his Bentley and blinged out superwheels repo'ed from a grocery store parking lot. The driver complained he was only 30 days late. If you have to finance a Bentley or any big game toys. you obviously cannot afford them. Stick to Hondas and commercial flights.

May 12, 2010 at 2:18 pm |
  61. Rich

I worked as a repo man for a while. I did cars, motorcycles, boats, RVs, snowmobiles, ATVs, landscaping equipment and etc. It's not a glorious or exciting business. It's driving around for endless hours looking for property to repo. If you don't find it and repo you don't get paid.

May 12, 2010 at 2:16 pm |
  62. Mari

How are the repo guys criminals? The vehicle/planes/etc... have not been paid for. They are being financed through a bank. A bank that owns the property, has not been paid for it, and wants it back. If they have permission from the bank to enter the vehicle and repo it, how are they committing a crime? The rightful owner has given them permission. More power to them. If you haven't paid for it, it's not yours. Period.

May 12, 2010 at 2:16 pm |
  63. Tyler

I hope this guy crashes the next time he tries to repossess a plane.

May 12, 2010 at 2:09 pm |
  64. Dan Sczepanski, New York

Just gotta love it, when these high flyers(no pun intended) get grounded.

May 12, 2010 at 2:08 pm |
  65. Matt

Sherlock Homes, eh?

May 12, 2010 at 2:08 pm |
  66. RichP, easton, pa

I repoed new cars for a neighbor back in 69, he'd take me to a mall or a business, hand me keys and have me drive it to a dealer for 'servicing' or 'repairs' I was 17, got $50 for the service, found out 5 years later I was repossessing them. Talk about naive, never thought it strange I never took any back to the owner LOL.

May 12, 2010 at 2:08 pm |
  67. Chris

Nice. It's cool to see people living above their means and spending money on things they dont need get theirs.

May 12, 2010 at 2:03 pm |
  68. pilot

haha!! NICE.

May 12, 2010 at 2:01 pm |
  69. Carol

Its Risky Business regardless; he just makes a bigger profit than the auto repo man/woman.

May 12, 2010 at 1:59 pm |
  70. Natasha

Times have certianly changed.....wow!

May 12, 2010 at 1:55 pm |
  71. john coelho

like to buy that cessna jet or what you have.thanks john

May 12, 2010 at 1:52 pm |
  72. Big Al

You couldn't invent names as cool as "Cage & Craft" for a story like this. As a matter of fact, had this not been (we believe) a true story, names of that type would be used only if this were pulp fiction. LOL!!!

May 12, 2010 at 1:51 pm |
  73. Ram Punchington

"...make sure the jet is fly-worthy"

The term is AIR-worthy.

May 12, 2010 at 1:51 pm |
  74. nick

repo men are snitches and wanna be thieves that nobody wants anything to do with...just tha facts

May 12, 2010 at 1:48 pm |
  75. Klaatu

Parasites!!!!

May 12, 2010 at 1:48 pm |
  76. Albert

I smell a new reality show....:)

May 12, 2010 at 1:47 pm |
  77. DaveW

We need to stop labelling people with expensive toys "rich". Rich people have lots of money in accounts that are offshore and protected from business ups and downs. Sure, the ones I know have good and hard times, but unless they are merely the working affluent, they weather most storms just find. The "rich" that have bought planes prior to this downturn are still doing very well...at least many of them.

The people who are the subject of this story are not rich. They were afluent when their businesses or jobs were going well. They also are likely not great money managers and never will attain true wealth because they are spending it before they have it.

I've heard people labelled rich merely because of their address. Naive.

May 12, 2010 at 1:46 pm |
  78. Jeff

This is a reality show waiting to happen.......

May 12, 2010 at 1:45 pm |
  79. Patrick

How much do they make on a repo for a $700,000 jet? is it a percentage, flat fee, or what?

May 12, 2010 at 1:43 pm |
  80. Nick

pretty sure by having their own pilot gain access to the aircraft prior to notification of the police they violated Florida state law and possibly federal law.

While the hanger owner can open the hanger up, physically entering the aircraft prior to notification of the proper authorities is breaking and entering.

May 12, 2010 at 1:41 pm |
  81. Carl

Operation Repo, eat your heart out!

May 12, 2010 at 1:39 pm |
  82. wow

Human's finest accomplishments. (sarcasm)

May 12, 2010 at 1:38 pm |
  83. Jim

Scum bags!!! How much did this guy put down on this plane, 20-30%. Who crashed the market and created the fraud throughout our government and society?

Yeah, that;s right, the banks. how about they give him a bail out at 0%. Not a chance.

Scum Bags, helping the corrupt mafia banks. Any suicidal people out there, do us a favor and take some of these bankers with you on the way out.

May 12, 2010 at 1:38 pm |
  84. Dan

Repo people suck. Why not realize they are the same theives as the banks they work for.

May 12, 2010 at 1:36 pm |
  85. kenny

Repo men are scum, no matter how high end. I wish that plane blew up on them as they were stealing it.

May 12, 2010 at 1:35 pm |
  86. Richard

Forward this suggestion to him please. Take a camera crew with you next time. I feel a reality show coming on. Now all you need is video of the owner throwing a tantrum.

May 12, 2010 at 1:35 pm |
  87. Nick

OMG! This would make a great reality show!!

May 12, 2010 at 1:33 pm |
  88. Jack

It's a lesson to everyone out there. If you can't pay for something, DON'T get it. And if it gets repossessed, don't be all shocked and surprised that someone would do that. You would do it if someone bought something off of you in payments and then stop paying in the middle of it. But I have no sympathy for people who get boats and planes taken back. How horrible life must be to even be able to get those things in the first place.

May 12, 2010 at 1:31 pm |
  89. bluexoxo

I have had the pleasure of working with Ken Cage, and I will tell you – he is absolutely, one hundred percent, professional and respectful. It's a tough business to be in, even tougher when you're talking high end products such as the items he is dealing with. Good for you Ken!! Your friends in PA are proud of you!!

May 12, 2010 at 1:29 pm |
  90. Snoop Dillard

Er.. really? Who honestly cares?

May 12, 2010 at 1:24 pm |
  91. Dodo's aren't Extinct!

So when an owner gets rowdy, he can just drop 'em with a suplex. Right?

May 12, 2010 at 1:24 pm |
  92. Casey

This is awesome. I loved to see the rich go down when they play dirty! You guys rock!

May 12, 2010 at 1:24 pm |
  93. Greg

Sounds like my kind of job! Go get em boys!

May 12, 2010 at 1:24 pm |
  94. jphilly08

the pilot has the best job.

May 12, 2010 at 1:23 pm |
  95. E

what they totally forget to mention here are the records.

Each aircraft and engine comes with records which the operator is required to keep. This involved maintenance, repairs, operations etc. Without records the owner isn't able to sale, lease or part out the asset.

The aircraft is worthless without records so you better make sure you have these before you repossess your aircraft.

May 12, 2010 at 1:21 pm |
  96. Anthony

Didn't I already read this in the WSJ back in March?

May 12, 2010 at 1:20 pm |
  97. Robert

It must really suck to have your $14 million Gulfstream jet airplane repo'd! I wonder how they could afford this item in the first place? No wonder our economy got all messed up.

May 12, 2010 at 1:10 pm |
  98. Kevin

Randi ought to get a job with the US government–they "go in and steal something and know doing it legally".

May 12, 2010 at 1:04 pm |
  99. henry petty

i dont' remember who Randy Craft was. What kind of wrestler was he? If he was in the WWE, then i don't remember it. And I know pretty much every wrestler who's been in the business for the past 30 years

May 12, 2010 at 10:15 am |
  100. nancy

THAT is awesome. Even the Rich and famous have money problems. LOL, they kept hiding it. Glad the guys found it. Good job!!

May 12, 2010 at 10:13 am |