American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
May 12th, 2010

Senator Inhofe discusses opposition to Kagan

(CNN) – Just hours after the president announced Elena Kagan as his pick for the Supreme Court, Oklahoma Republican Sen. James Inhofe made his opposition clear.

He says Kagan has a "lack of impartiality" with those who disagree with her, has demonstrated "poor judgment" as the head of Harvard's law school, and he's concerned that she's never been a judge.

Sen. Inhofe joined us from Capitol Hill on Wednesday's American Morning to discuss his stance against Kagan.

Read more: Kagan to meet with senators amid Republican criticism

Filed under: Politics • Supreme Court
  1. Getting An Ex Back

Usually, I don't post on blogs, but I would like to say that this weblog truly forced me to do so! Thanks, truly good post.

May 13, 2010 at 6:36 pm |
  2. WHY

GOP, Oklahoma. and no, they all go together.

May 13, 2010 at 3:08 pm |
  3. slider

She has never been a judge before and now she gets to sit in the ultimate judges seat. Boy talk about qualifications. I have never owned a business, put me in charge of AT&T. I have never flown a jet liner filled with a 100 people, just set me down in the pilot seat.

May 13, 2010 at 10:26 am |
  4. Scott Gould

Really? She doesn't handle disagreement well? And Scalia does?

May 13, 2010 at 7:56 am |
  5. ronvan

RING the bell and let the cat fight begin! Another opportunity for us to watch the GOP "children" pout & shout & stomp thier feet. This will just be another joke. If the Dems have the power to appoint Kagan they should just do it. The party of NO will complain no matter what happens.

May 13, 2010 at 7:09 am |
  6. Magnum Serpentine

Wonder when the people of Oklahoma will wake up and realize they have a puppet for a Senator. Vote Inhofe out of office come next election. He is an embarrassment for the State.

May 13, 2010 at 7:03 am |
  7. Bob in Florida

GOP opposition to Kagan, where does it come from? Well, she is an Obama appointee, what more reason would any GOP Senator need to know? The party of NO just continues to impede as much as possible.

May 13, 2010 at 6:44 am |
  8. nando

I'm from Oklahoma and a republican and I believe Senator Inhofe is spineless on this issue. The fact that his decision came within 15 minutes of President Obama's announcement of Elena Kagan, regardless that that he voted against her confirmation when she was appointed Solicitor General, gives ample evidence that Senator Inhofe did not give her a chance. It's as if he's not thinking for himself and intends on voting on what he believes is along party lines. Personally, I like leaders, not followers in my U.S. Congressional state Senator and that is why I will be voting against him when his seat comes up for re-election. I believe he also voted against Obamacare, which I support.

May 12, 2010 at 2:27 pm |