American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
May 19th, 2010
  1. nancy

"CopperMosquito May 19th, 2010 3:05 pm ET

There is equal opportunity for all who are smart enough and capable. The United States Military is a prime example. Using race as a discriminating factor to wealth is well................racist."

EXCELLENT point.

May 20, 2010 at 9:36 am |
  2. Antonio Colorado

About President Obama's invitation of the CEO's of big banks to the dinner at the White House I have to say that you still don't know Obama's Strategy...Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer...I believe you need a psychologist in your crew...I would gladly take the job...(Sorry I didn't know where to write about this)

May 20, 2010 at 8:33 am |
  3. CopperMosquito

May 19, 2010 at 3:05 pm |
  4. Justin Johnson

The Wealth Gap story seemed to be a very interesting topic. In fact, I think about building wealth on a daily basis and how the process works. I am an agent with New York Life and my father has been successful with the company for 22 years. My father says "I invest a lot of money as a financial advisor, but the most important thing I do is life insurance." Whites uses the product properly as a WEALTH DISTRIBUTOR and teaches its importance early, while us blacks tend to see the product as BURIAL ASSISTANCE. Rarely do we learn about credit, loans/interest rates or life insurance at an early age. I take pride in teach our people early. Its either you DONT KNOW or you DONT CARE, in most cases its we dont know. Nonetheless, I just graduated from Southern Illinois University a year ago and had no idea about wealth accumulation & distribution.

Last.... why not understand the benefits of life insurance early... we are all guaranteed to die one day: and we don't know when

May 19, 2010 at 2:02 pm |
  5. HernandezUSA

Why the HECK is the Media so obsessed with "RACE" as the only casual for being wealthy or being poor in America?

The real Answer is called get a "JOB" and an "EDUCATION" and stop living off the system.

May 19, 2010 at 1:24 pm |