American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
June 3rd, 2010

Tips to detox your house & keep your family safe

(CNN) – This week, our Dr. Sanjay Gupta is bringing you a special CNN investigation: "Toxic America." You may not know it, but everyday items in your home could be making you and your family sick. Today, Dr. Gupta has a list of things you can do right now to give your house a detox.

Read more: 5 toxics that are everywhere: Protect yourself

Program Note: Be sure to join Dr. Gupta for part two of our CNN special investigation: "Toxic America." That's tonight at 8 p.m. ET, only on CNN.

Filed under: Health
  1. Jim Emery

Hi Dr. Gupta:

Your skills are best on tv. I am close to big rice farms in north MS and am concerned about pestisides being sprayed by planes. I can see yellow poison in the irrigation ditches feeding the rice. As I am a rice lover I believe this should be investigated . Please help and answer me if you can. Keep up your good reports. Honest fair reports are hard to find.

Thanks
    Jim

June 13, 2010 at 11:39 am |
  2. c arol

I cannot find the list of 12 foods and pesticiides. Please post. Enjoy the show tremendously !!!

June 12, 2010 at 8:32 am |
  3. c arol

How do I get the 12 foods that need peeling?> It is not posted on the Toxic America website.

June 12, 2010 at 8:27 am |
  4. Cynthia Finley

I watched the Toxic America show and Dr. Gupta listed fruits and vegetables that needed pealing because they have the heaviest pesticides. He said no need to write it down because viewers could get the list from CNN.COM/TOXICAMERICA. I listened to the video but the food list was edited out. Where can I find that?

June 7, 2010 at 1:11 pm |
  5. Joseph Daniel Brian Lawlor

We could establish the toxic content in each community by testing the People within these very communities. What ever lies within a community lies within the bodies of those wthin the communities do they not Dr. Gupta.
    Leaderships in Industry had test results prior to installing industry knowing full well the medical downfall that would eventually affect all People within these industrial communites.
    To bad the Doctors within these communites did not sound a warning bell earlier as they swore they would do when becoming that Doctor....sad is it not Dr. Gupta yet better late than never is it not. Thank you.

June 4, 2010 at 3:55 am |
  6. howard picker

I congratulate Dr. Gupta and CNN for the excellent and informative program on toxins in our environment. You have performed a valuable service. I missed one thing, however - the problem of lawn pesticides and herbicides. I have written a letter to our local newspaper on the health hazards of lawn pesticides and the risks to our environment but they have not seen fit to publish it. If any future programing is scheduled on this topic, I hope you will a segment on lawn-pesticides. This was a great program, however!

June 3, 2010 at 9:10 pm |
  7. gary gustavino

ia m sorry theres is one other thing some one should tell tony hayward to in stall valves 2 valves one on the ocean floor and one on top thank you retired gas co worker national grid ny

June 3, 2010 at 7:30 pm |
  8. Gordon Goodermote

I can't believe they had a spill there in 79 and the Doctors tell us to eat fish. It reacts the same on fish as people. It eats the fat out of them

June 3, 2010 at 5:06 pm |
  9. bruce burdick

bp doesnt want to stop the oil leak completely,because they could not complete their relief wells?they could change the flange with a shutoff,but they would have stop drilling&would not be allowed to drill again?think about it. all they care about is their buttom line! they would lose two productive oil wells?

June 3, 2010 at 4:44 pm |