Langley, Arkansas (CNN) - One person remained missing Monday from last week's flash flood at an Arkansas campground that left 19 dead, but "there's still a possibility there could be others," Gov. Mike Beebe told CNN.
Rescuers found a 19th body over the weekend about half to three-quarters of a mile downstream from the campground, Arkansas State Police Capt. Mike Fletcher told reporters. Eighteen of the 19 bodies recovered so far have been identified, Fletcher said.
A wall of water swept through the Albert Pike Recreation Area before dawn Friday, when most campers were sleeping. The park is located along the Caddo and Little Missouri rivers, and the flood struck so quickly there was little chance for campers to escape, officials said.
Survivor Terri Rhoeder, who lost her mother, brother and sister-in-law in the tragedy, described for CNN's "American Morning" how quickly the water rose. She had been sleeping outside on an air mattress when she awoke and realized she was floating on the water. Read more