American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
July 9th, 2010

LeBron-Wade-Bosh, power trio for Heat

Lebron James says he chose Miami because it gives him the best chance to win an NBA championship, for that, he's counting on help from fellow stars, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. Wade led the heat to an NBA title in 2006 and spoke exclusively to CNN's American Morning Friday.
Watch Video

Filed under: Sports
  1. Shaun

No one is going to pay hundreds of dollars a ticket to watch a neurosurgeon work are they? People like sports, if thats a problem for you perhaps you shouldnt read articles pertaining to sports on CNN.

July 12, 2010 at 8:23 pm |
  2. Jonathan

Well said, jerry.

July 12, 2010 at 8:08 pm |
  3. relians

it will be interesting to see if lebron can lower his ego to be equal on a team. he was always spoiled in cleveland, which won't be possible in miami without pissing off cb4 and dwade.

July 12, 2010 at 5:15 pm |
  4. Frank

Liberal pablum, all of it. Also, the positioning of the numbers in the picture above, Jim LeBron and the other guy, whoever he is, is unadulterated sin and offense. I wish somebody would spend more time thinking of children! Keep thinking of them!

July 12, 2010 at 4:54 pm |
  5. ThePhoenix

Cry baby Kobe...heheh

July 12, 2010 at 3:59 pm |
  6. G

To Jerry-

Yes many of people care, just ask the City of Cleveland. If you are sick of hearing about him why did you view this article and decide to take time out of your life to comment?

I live directly across the street from the AAA Arena in Miami and yes my property value just went up because of him & Bosh signing.

P.S Jealousy won't get you anywhere

Go Heat!

July 12, 2010 at 3:05 pm |
  7. uknowme

Uuh last I heard Pat Riley was not coahing this team next year. so what "Nev" is talking about I dont know. and he makes 5 times what a neurosurgeon makes because he generates 1000x the amount of $$ a neurosurgeon makes. so keep your inadequacies to urself. But his legacy of possibly being the greatest ever and nickname "the king" is gone. that is what is truely sad...

July 12, 2010 at 3:05 pm |
  8. TS

Two ball hogs and a mediocre power forward surrounded by league cast-offs. Last I checked it takes 5 guys and a good bench to win championships. We'll see what King LeQuitter does when the going gets tough.

July 12, 2010 at 1:30 pm |
  9. DENISE

P.S. With regard to ego, I don't see Lebron in the news except for playing basketball. He is much more mature that some of the older NBA players. He has never been arrested; no women have come forward to say that he has molested anyone; he's taking care of his children - what else do you want from this 25 year old? The media is the one to blame - not Lebron. During the entire free agency process, where was Lebron? It was the media creating the hype, not Lebron. So why not allow the Boys and Girls Club to benefit from the hype?

July 12, 2010 at 1:14 pm |
  10. DENISE

I know everyone is sick of hearing about this, but I just want to comment about what's happened thus far. 1) He had to leave Cleveland in order to make the announcement. Look at how they have reacted, including the owner. Does anyone think he and his family would have been safe there? 2) Based on the owner's letter to the fans, I am happy he left. An owner with that mentality, Lebron did not have a chance in Cleveland. If the fans were TRUE fans, they would understand this instead of looking at how much money is being lost. 3) What did Cleveland offer Lebron? They sat back and made money on the fact that he was a "home boy." That is so stupid. Cleveland could have had it all, but greed intercepted, as always. So you should just blame yourselves, not Lebron. All good things must end.

July 12, 2010 at 1:04 pm |
  11. DENISE

July 12, 2010 at 1:01 pm |
  12. BJ

@Nev, Couldn't Agree More....@Jerry obviously you care else you wouldn't have taken time to type and comment on this post! Stop being a "hater" it's not a good look!

July 12, 2010 at 11:43 am |
  13. Nev

If they can control their superstar egos, they will be awesome (aka Boston Celtics). Just hope they can beat crybaby Kobe and the boys in LA.. Pat Riley is a big part in this and we'll see how he matches up with Phil Jackson. Without Riley taking the coaching job, there would be no LeBron James in Miami. LeBron obviously feels Riley can take them to the top in the East. Coaching was a problem in Cleveland.

July 12, 2010 at 10:12 am |
  14. LIZ CARTER in GA

@jerry; you know, I can rather agree with you except for the fact that there maybe many 'HATERS' out there who want to hear about LeBRONS' decisional career choices, and how much MONEY he stands to make! They're envious and jealous of any AFRICAN AMERICAN making this kind of money by just shooting hoops, running touchdowns, tee-ing off, or working at any sport! The MEDIA is the devils' advocate for controversy, anger, and confusion when it comes to a BLACK MAN WITH MONEY! THEY CAN'T WAIT TO CATCH HIM WRONG!

July 12, 2010 at 8:00 am |
  15. Nikita

It still doesn't guarantee anything and as long as he doesn't give up in the finals, I guess he'll get what he wants eventually!

July 12, 2010 at 7:14 am |
  16. jerry

I am so sick and tired of hearing about some jock playing a game who makes 5 times the salary of a neurosurgeon who is actually helping to make life better for people. Let it go. I seriously doubt if all that many people really care about this man's mega finances and career in basketball.

July 11, 2010 at 10:58 am |
  17. LimRickNews

A pronouncement in B-Ball from LeBron James.
    It’s Miami that will host his hooping games.
    In Cleveland, they’re mad,
    New York/Chicago, so sad.
    Is he really as good as he claims?

For more, google "LimRickNews".

July 10, 2010 at 11:54 am |
  18. Smith in Oregon

As Lebron James crowed like a rooster at sunrise proclaiming not 1,2,3,4,5,6 national titles meaning 6+ for him and his new team mates, Pat Reily did the only sane thing in the entire sports newscasting room, Pat buried his head in his hands and appeared to be thinking, what have I gotten myself into, James is a loony toon.

For a man that hasn't won a single national title, Lebron James certainly was pushing the PR and tooting his own horn loudly. And all to often, America knows full well that comes before a large train wreck occurs.

Talent laden? Yes the Miami Heat NOW has three extremely gifted and talented basketball stars, however the rigors of a full schedule has placed many stars on the surgical injury list.

Knees and ankles are entirely open season for opposing players that know full well if any of these three players is surgically sidelined for any duration of time, the Miami Heat becomes just another professional basketball team composed of players that couldn't become national champions.

July 10, 2010 at 4:25 am |
  19. MB

I think he made a great move for his career. Had Cleveland invested in the players needed to support LeBron, this wouldn't have happened and he would have stayed home and brought a championship.

I think it says ALOT about his personally. He just validated that there is no "I" in the word "TEAMS. I think there is the lesson in all this. And while I don't quite agree with his method of annoucement, he is quite a businessman, securing an hour spot with all the proceeds going to his charity.

It will be a thrill to watch this team being coached by that fun to watch coach of the Heat. I can't wait to buy a ticket here in Philly when they come to town.

July 9, 2010 at 3:34 pm |