American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
August 23rd, 2010

LIVE BLOG: Chat with us during the show

Editor's Note: Welcome to American Morning's LIVE Blog where you can discuss the "most news in the morning" with us each week day. Join the live chat during the show by adding your comments below. It's your chance to share your thoughts on the day's headlines. You have a better chance of having your comment get past our moderators if you follow our rules: 1) Keep it brief 2) No writing in ALL CAPS 3) Use your real name (first name only is fine) 4) No links 5) Watch your language (that includes $#&*) 6) Stay relevant to the topic.

In the wake of the egg recall, will you eat eggs?

Sound off: We want to hear from you this morning. Add your comments to the LIVE Blog below and we'll read some of them on the show.

Filed under: American Morning
  1. taf10

I want to hear from the USDA.

August 23, 2010 at 2:19 pm |
  2. Jenna Cummings

On Texting – This generation is going to grow up not knowing how to be social and personal...when I go to my daughter's house, the older kids (12 & 14) always have that cell phone w texting or ipad in their hands! They don't know how to pick up the phone and call and have a conversation and, as someone said, even write a letter or note...It is going to be interesting – very impersonal.

August 23, 2010 at 11:41 am |
  3. RJBenz

When are the CNN cameras going inside the hatcheries to show us how are eggs are produced? Didn't see a SINGLE CHICKEN roaming around the "Farm" pecking the ground for seeds or worms.

August 23, 2010 at 10:14 am |
  4. Bill

First on the matter of these teens on the text don't blame them. There only doing what there parents let them do, My son didn't get a phone until he was able to pay for it him self, we the parents are our own worst enemy. Why should I pay for something that I don't use and why should I pay for a phone just because other parents give there child a phone that is how this whole peer pressure starts and bullying starts. So if there text ting to much I say look in the mirror what you see is the person who started the problem. Kids need to learn responsibility and it starts with us the parents be firm don't give in. Set the rules and stick to them even when your so busy in your daily routine.

August 23, 2010 at 8:51 am |
  5. Name*Bill

You ran the teen texting story months ago and now you're just repeating it. There is no news here. Prior to texting, teens used instant messaging. Before that they were emailing and if you go back to when I was a teen, parents were concerned because teens spent all of their time on the phone. Teens are just communicating using the latest technology.

August 23, 2010 at 8:36 am |
  6. Ralph Beach

@ texting too much...I believe that teens should not text at school...we shool cut texting and go back to basics... example, write a letter once and awhile...and even send an email...Or better yet, take the phones all together

August 23, 2010 at 8:34 am |
  7. Melanie

Good morning. This is my first time on your site and not very helpful. I have four young children and we cook 14 eggs for our one breakfast. I came to your site to see if our eggs are involved and don't see your list. Melanie from Panama City, FL

August 23, 2010 at 8:33 am |
  8. Ralph Beach

Actually, I blame the officials who are supposed to be watching these egg companies. They should be accountable for not doing their jobs.

August 23, 2010 at 8:28 am |
  9. Ralph Beach

Cook the eggs to kill salmonella? Let's see?, Cook the eggs and have the salmonella in the cook ware?

August 23, 2010 at 8:25 am |
  10. Name*Jaime

Hi
    Good morning.
    I will still be eating eggs even with the recall but I will doing with cation here, cuz I will have the recall in the back of my mind.
    Jaime from Phoenix, AZ.

August 23, 2010 at 8:12 am |
  11. Marc Kazen

What everyone else is saying: Cook the eggs properly and stop blowing things out of proportion.

August 23, 2010 at 8:11 am |
  12. Ralph Beach

I will eat eggs if they are not part of the recall. Other than that, I will call it in. It is sad that egg companies only care about the mighty dollar and not the health of Americans. I suggest that instead of sending them back to the stores we should contact the gov and let them know where it came from. That would give them an idea to where the breakout began.

August 23, 2010 at 8:07 am |
  13. nancy

YUM. 2 eggs over hard with cheese and tabasco!!

August 23, 2010 at 7:52 am |
  14. Diana Cohen

In the wake of this latest recall, I can't help but get sick to my stomach from all of these supposed agencies that are in place to protect us and oversee industry. From the mining disaster, to the oil disaster and now the egg disaster. Where are these people when the "red flags" went up long before these tragedies? Why does it take a horrific incident to get any attention? How many lives will be impacted before something preventative is done? I am just soooo tired of hearing from these people after the fact. We seem to be a country of agencies that do nothing until a crisis is upon us!!!

August 23, 2010 at 7:51 am |
  15. Randy

I eat eggs every morning either at home or out. Had a first happen Saturday morning, I cracked one open and it did not want to drop out of the shell. I thought "I probably shouldn't eat that" but I did.
    This outbreak seems to be concentrated in the west, so I am not too worried being on the east coast.

August 23, 2010 at 7:41 am |
  16. Bryan Ayers

I will not eat or serve any eggs at this time. I believe the list of recalled eggs will continue to grow. Better to be safe than sorry.

August 23, 2010 at 7:20 am |
  17. robin caldwell

as wide spread as this egg scare seems to be, why is this company not being held to the same scrutiny and openness as BP oil and demands of financial suport for those who have been victumized

August 23, 2010 at 7:15 am |
  18. kathleen wegienka

I eat organic eggland eggs.
    Still buying and enjoying eggland eggs sunny side up .

August 23, 2010 at 7:15 am |
  19. Carolyn Maki

I watched the report on the tainted 1/2 BILLION eggs as I was eating a fried egg from one of my daughter's two chickens. Vegetarian, organic, delicious eggs...FRESH AND LOCAL from very happy well-fed chickens. My advice is for egg eaters to head to the local farmers' market and see what they offer.

August 23, 2010 at 7:13 am |
  20. Carter Swamp

Eggs in my belly too, all is well.

August 23, 2010 at 7:10 am |
  21. NWD

People wouldn't get sick if the eggs were cooked correctly. Cooking kills any salmonella.

What are "prepackaged" eggs? Eggs packaged before they are laid?

August 23, 2010 at 7:05 am |
  22. Tamara

I will eat eggs. But I am looking into organic or maybe prepackaged.

August 23, 2010 at 6:50 am |
  23. Glen Campbell

What is breakfast without eggs? Different type of foods get recalled and problem gets fixed and we go back to eating the same foods. I could just start raising my own live stock and plant a garden hmm NOT!!

August 23, 2010 at 6:45 am |
  24. Mise_1

This just in..... "Had eggs for breakfast, feeling ok" Back to you, John and Carole. :o)

August 23, 2010 at 6:28 am |
  25. NWD

Good Morning CNN

The US produces 75 billion eggs a year and the recall affects 500 million. That's what? Less than one percentage? If the producing company broke the law producing the eggs they should be investigated and charged if warranted. They should be charged for hiring illegal aliens and their business seized by the government.

August 23, 2010 at 6:19 am |
  26. Ineeb

The egg recall issue is overblown. As long as the eggs are cooked right. Ill eat my eggs.

August 23, 2010 at 6:09 am |