American Morning

Tune in at 6am Eastern for all the news you need to start your day.
April 21st, 2011

Trump on Obama's birthplace: 'We're looking into it very very strongly'

Donald Trump has said he is considering it but has yet to make an announcement about whether he will in fact run for President in 2012.

In a surprise call to American Morning, 'The Donald' talks money, business and concerns over President Obama's birthplace. Trump tells Kiran Chetry and Ali Velshi he is strongly looking into where the President was born but does not want to take any further questions on the topic.

"Every day that goes by, I think less and less that he was born in the United States," Trump said on American Morning. "He possibly was, but I want to get rid of the word 'possibly.'"

Filed under: Elections • Politics
  1. Marc305

I am an independent voter and have voted republican and democrat all my life. I have admired Trump since the 1980's and he is one of the main reasons why I now own a Realty company in Florida.

Having said all that, I find this very sad. He is having a Charlie moment on this birther issue without all the drugs, as much as I once admired him, I could never vote for him. He has no tact when dealing with the current international problems and it would be like putting yet another cowboy in the white house, that is something we don't need.

So unless the GOP can produce a real candidate, I will be voting for Obama in '12.

April 25, 2011 at 5:20 pm |
  2. Barry

I'd rather have Pee Wee Herman in the white house than any of them that's been sitting up there the last 20 years.

April 25, 2011 at 3:50 pm |
  3. Rainy

I just wish he'd just shut up (I mean about Donald Trump) – he's so conceited and arrogant. Did he not lose a huge chunk of money a while back and had to file some sort of bankruptocy? I can't wait for him to run and show us his PAPER, how much he's worth.

I am not going to bother talking about birther. Trump is just that ignorant and he doesn't deserve any of your air time or mine!

April 22, 2011 at 12:56 am |
  4. slider

I understand from watching CNN that at least 2 million dollars has been spent fighting against the release of his birth certificate. This confuses me, why spend millions fighting against the release of something that everyone believes is valid?

April 21, 2011 at 1:36 pm |
  5. Karen Medley

I am a loyal viewer of the morning show and wish you would not give Donald Trump any more airtime. He is an arrogant man that wants all the media coverage he can get and this morning you fed right into his game. He is a nutcase and does not deserve to be part of news. Stick to what is news worthy and leave Trump to fend for himself.

April 21, 2011 at 11:35 am |
  6. Julie

I find this is a total distraction of something already proven over and over and over again. This certificate of live birth is the one that is needed for child going to school or passport as American citizen. Evidently Mr. Trump never did these things himself.
    I agree with Mr. Trump on the idea that we need to stop subsidizing oil companies and companies outsourced. And Impose a 25% import duty on all foreign goods. Exactly what I have been sayging for 6 years. No tax free rides for the wealthy. Bingo..
    What your news is not saying or commenting on, was the fact, that Mr. Trump during an interview, stated how he made his money.. He repeatedly said, that he bought and financed companies, than, delayed paying them or stopped paying them at all. Keeping his lawyers busy keeping this out of court. Then would come back at them with a 25% offer to 50% to finish the deal?? Now, this idea sound to me like some kinda crook. Is this what all these home owners should have done? That lost their homes due crooked inflated mortagages? Tell us more Mr. Trump, how did you make your money??????

April 21, 2011 at 10:32 am |