
Editor's Note: CNN's Jill Dougherty sits down with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in Pakistan. See the interview on "American Morning" Friday, 6-9 a.m. ET on CNN. Below is an edited transcript of the full interview.
Jill Dougherty: Iran not agreeing to ship out LEU…is it time to stop talking and move to sanctions?
Hillary Clinton: We are working with the IAEA, with France, Russia, the other members of the P5 +1 who are all united and showing resolve in responding to the Iranian response and seeking clarification so I am going to let this process play out, but clearly we are working to determine exactly what they are willing to do, whether this was an initial response that is an end response or whether it’s the beginning of getting to where we expect them to end up.
Dougherty: But you have been personally skeptical … are you vindicated? Are you right?
Clinton: Well, we are going the extra mile as we said we would, as the president made clear in his inauguration speech we would, and I think it's very significant that Russia and France and the UK, Germany, China are all united about this. I mean this is not the United States saying we have an idea, you know, we want you to follow through on. This is all of us saying: we came to this idea, you agreed in principle and we expect to have you follow through, so I think we’ll take it day by day, see what the final outcome is.
Dougherty: One more on that: do you have commitment from Russian/China that if Iran won’t follow through on that specific part, that you would move forward on sanctions?
Clinton: I don’t want to speculate or answer a hypothetical. I want this process to play out. This was an agreed-upon approach. I signed an agreement back in New York during the United Nations General Assembly, along with the foreign ministers of every single country that are members of the P5+1 and the EU, so you know, let’s see where this leads.
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) - Militants launched a string of bold strikes against Pakistani law enforcement Thursday, leaving at least 36 police officers and civilians dead, authorities said.
[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/10/15/pakistan.blast/art.fia.afp.gi.jpg caption="A bomb disposal squad member removes a suicide jacket from a body at the FIA in Lahore on Thursday. "]
At least 11 militants also died in the fighting, while others were missing.
Three nearly simultaneous assaults were carried out mid-morning in the eastern city of Lahore, said police spokesman Rai Nazar Hayat.
Militants stormed Pakistan's Federal Investigation Agency, along with two police training centers. The attackers gained entrance to each facility, setting set off explosives and taking hostages in some cases. At least 25 people died in the Lahore attacks.
In northwestern Pakistan, a suicide car bomber hit a police station in the Kohat district, killing at least 11 people - eight civilians and three police, said Kohat Police Chief Dilawr Bangish. A dozen people were injured in the attack.
TOKYO, Japan (CNN) - An American man who had been accused of trying to take his children from his ex-wife was released from jail on Thursday and charges against him were dropped.
[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/10/15/japan.custody.battle/art.father.wtvf.jpg caption="Christopher Savoie was jailed in Japan after trying to get kids back from their mother."]
Police in the rural southern town of Yanagawa said Christopher Savoie was let go, under the condition that he not try to snatch the children again.
Savoie, 38, a Tennessee native and naturalized Japanese citizen, allegedly abducted his children - 8-year-old Isaac and 6-year-old Rebecca - as his ex-wife walked them to school on September 28 in Yanagawa.
With the children, Savoie headed for the nearest U.S. consulate, in the city of Fukuoka, to try to obtain passports for them. Screaming at guards to let him in the compound, Savoie was steps from the front gate but still standing on Japanese soil when he was arrested.
TOKYO, Japan (CNN) - An American father jailed in Tokyo has been harshly treated, his attorney said Monday, while Japanese authorities said he is getting "special" treatment.
[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/10/12/japan.savoie.custody.battle/art.father.wtvf.jpg caption="Christopher Savoie is in jail in Japan after trying to get back his son, Isaac, and daughter, Rebecca."]
Attorney Jeremy Morley, in a statement released Monday, said Christopher Savoie - accused of trying to kidnap his children after his ex-wife took them to Japan - is being held without trial, interrogated without an attorney present and denied needed medical treatment for high blood pressure.
Savoie has also been exposed to sleep deprivation, and denied private meetings with attorneys and phone calls to his wife, according to Morley, who said the way his client has been treated amounts to "torture."
He acknowledged that some of the claims are based on second-hand information from Savoie's wife, Amy, saying she has communicated with people familiar with her husband's case.
Police in Yanagawa, a rural town in southern Japan where Savoie is being held, denied the allegations in Morley's statement, saying Savoie gets regular visits by a physician and medicine as prescribed.
(CNN) - President Obama on Friday said he was "surprised and deeply humbled" by winning the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize.
"I do not view it as a recognition of my own accomplishments, but rather as an affirmation of American leadership," Obama said from the White House Rose Garden.
"I will accept this award as a call to action."
Obama said he did not feel he deserves "to be in the company" of past winners.
The Nobel announcement was a stunning decision that comes just eight months into Obama's presidency.

