
The FDA says it will decide what to do about Avandia soon. In the meantime an advisory panel is recommending the controversial diabetes drug stay on the market, but with new restrictions and warning labels. CNN's chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta reports. Watch ![]()
The Obama administration is not backing down when it comes to a temporary ban on deep-water drilling in the gulf. Earlier this week, interior secretary Ken Salazar ordered a new ban to replace earlier ones that were struck down in court. But even the president's own oil spill panel is expressing doubts about the need to suspend drilling after hearing days of testimony from people who are suffering because of it. Cherri Foytlin is one of those who testified. She spoke with CNN's Kiran Chetry Thursday, along with her husband, Forest Foytin. He's an offshore field technician who fears his job is in jeopardy. Tommy Webb, a furloughed oil rig worker also weighed in.

Oil gushes from the ruptured well in the Gulf of Mexico July 14, 2010 (Courtesy BP).
(CNN) – BP was reviewing testing procedures Wednesday, a day after government and company officials decided to delay a crucial "integrity test" on the ruptured oil well in the Gulf of Mexico.
The oil giant had expected the test - to check pressure in the well and determine if it can be sealed once and for all by a custom-designed cap - to get under way Tuesday afternoon.
But late Tuesday night, officials announced that additional analysis of the well testing procedure was needed. The move followed a meeting with Energy Secretary Steven Chu and his team of advisers, and the decision was made by the Deepwater Horizon Unified Command, which includes government agencies as well as BP.
The decision to delay testing was made at about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday after officials decided they needed an additional 24 hours to make sure the test will go as planned, Kent Wells, BP senior vice president, told reporters Wednesday. CNN's David Mattingly reports. Watch ![]()
(CNN) - Federal officials announced indictments Tuesday against four police officers and two supervisors in the investigation surrounding the post-Katrina deaths of civilians on New Orleans' Danziger Bridge.
At least three New Orleans police officers were in FBI custody Tuesday afternoon, an attorney for one of them confirmed. Kenneth Bowen, Anthony Villavaso and Robert Gisevius surrendered to authorities.
Announcement of the charges stemming from a federal civil rights investigation was made by Attorney General Eric Holder in New Orleans.
"Put simply, we will not tolerate wrongdoing by those who have sworn to protect the public," Holder told reporters. CNN's Drew Griffin spoke with one victim's family, a witness, and the city's police department to try to figure out what really happened that September day on the Danzinger bridge. Read more

